COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Rise of Agon

Not entirely a new game but it's being re-released with a ton of UI and bug fixes on may 5th, basically anything is possible in this sandbox open world full loot pvp game - from making, sailing and boarding ships to free building anywhere in the large open world , this game has it all!

only downside is it's not anywhere near as beautiful as COE is / will be , but if any of you are looking for a skill based , full loot pvp large open world with no classes , then play Rise of Agon when it comes out on May 5th!

My first goal will be to become a blacksmith , make some boss ass plate armor and then get my guild together to build a ship - in which we will then sail the oceans in search of a fruitful island to build our houses on .

New trailer (give it a watch , it's only 5 mins or so):

https://youtu.be/BzlDG8fINTQ

4/26/2017 9:20:39 PM #1

how dose the fighting system work ?

" Death is only the beginning ! "

Friend Code: 488BBA

4/26/2017 9:33:18 PM #2

Rise of Agon is a Darkfall resurrection (Agon was the "Earth" of Darkfall).

The combat in Darkfall was phenomenal and i'll be ecstatic if CoE emulates even half of it, but Darkfall itself is done and over with.

Some things are just better left dead and buried...

4/26/2017 9:40:23 PM #3

Posted By Vucar at 05:33 AM - Thu Apr 27 2017

The combat in Darkfall was phenomenal and i'll be ecstatic if CoE emulates even half of it, but Darkfall itself is done and over with.

seems you have some bad memories

4/26/2017 9:52:42 PM #4

Posted By skullscar at 2:40 PM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Darkfall, to a lot of us, was like our favorite childhood pet.

It lasted a few years, and those years were great and fun and memorable, and then it grew a tumor and died from it, and we accepted it, and we moved on.

Then several people tried to dig it up out of its grave and fought over who would get to perform sick and morbid experiments to bring it to life, but they half-assed it and tore the corpse apart into pieces in the attempt before finally giving up and burying it again.

Then one of those guys came back and dug it up a second time and did the same thing, but he used unholy blood magic to infuse the thing with life and animate its parts again to look similar to how it did in life, but it still has the tumor.

And now most of us just want to take a shovel to the poor thing and forget any of this ever happened.

4/26/2017 9:56:57 PM #5

Posted By Vucar at 4:52 PM - Wed Apr 26 2017

It lasted a few years, and those years were great and fun and memorable, and then it grew a tumor and died from it, and we accepted it, and we moved on.

Then several people tried to dig it up out of its grave and fought over who would get to perform sick and morbid experiments to bring it to life, but they half-assed it and tore the corpse apart into pieces in the attempt before finally giving up and burying it again.

Then one of those guys came back and dug it up a second time and did the same thing, but he used unholy blood magic to infuse the thing with life and animate its parts again to look similar to how it did in life, but it still has the tumor.

And now most of us just want to take a shovel to the poor thing and forget any of this ever happened.

that is almost poetic, makes me want to play it

4/26/2017 11:15:38 PM #6

Posted By Vucar at 2:33 PM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Posted By Vucar at 2:52 PM - Wed Apr 26 2017

I liken these posts to how I feel of Cabal Online. It was a damn good game, but it stopped being interesting after a few years and should be better off dead. Only difference being it is still alive and its sequel was actually dog-shit hahahaha...

Myrkul is always with us...

4/26/2017 11:17:49 PM #7

As for the game, me and my clan will be occupying our time with this, awaiting the release of CoE

Myrkul is always with us...

4/26/2017 11:46:23 PM #8

Been dabbling in both Darkfall resurrections. New Dawn appeals more to me than Rise of Agon, as ND has local banking and not much in the way of easy travel - its the things the original lacked that has the potential to create a decent economy - if they can get the playerbase. To the OP - I found Agon to be truly beautiful, if CoE comes close then bravo.

4/27/2017 1:14:05 AM #9

Posted By Vucar at 05:52 AM - Thu Apr 27 2017

sounds like your favorite game turned in to an abomination that really sad so similar to my love life a sad story

4/27/2017 1:45:14 AM #10

Posted By skullscar at 6:14 PM - Wed Apr 26 2017

sounds like your favorite game turned in to an abomination that really sad so similar to my love life a sad story

If it makes you feel any better, we're all marching toward oblivion in the end anyway.

Life's so fragile, a successful virus clinging to a speck of mud, suspended in endless nothing.

4/27/2017 1:50:04 AM #11

made me remember a saying you either die a hero or live long enough to see your self become a villain .