COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Package 1-3 curiosities

So I'm a package 1 backer, obviously, and I noticed that package 4 allows for the creation of a bloodline and surname. Does this mean that making a character in package 3 and below would put me under a random, different surname and bloodline and that I couldn't start my own bloodline eventually? Would I just be stuck with whatever surname I ended up with and be forced to choose another's were I to wish to go with a different bloodline? Also would I choose what towm, city or county I was placed or is that randomized as well? Thanks!

Myrkul is always with us...

4/26/2017 6:23:45 PM #1

Posted By Grim at

Does this mean that making a character in package 3 and below would put me under a random, different surname and bloodline?

Yes, it means that you'll start off with the surname of your NPC or PC parents or whatever surname wards get (if any)

and that I couldn't start my own bloodline eventually?

Surnames can be related to great deeds or accomplishments so you can 'earn' a surname for yourself during gameplay.

Would I just be stuck with whatever surname I ended up with and be forced to choose another's were I to wish to go with a different bloodline?

I'm not sure what you mean by this? If you die and don't play as your own heir you'll end up playing with a different family surname if you join a different family unit.

Also would I choose what towm, city or county I was placed or is that randomized as well? Thanks!

From what I understand at this time you can choose where your family starts (if there are slots available in that location.)

Coming Soon(tm)

4/26/2017 7:12:03 PM #2

Thanks for the clarification man. It was a burning question for me when I made the decision to finish my layaway. I'm still considering going at least 1 tier higher for the bonus benefits but I don't want any sort of royal obligations or becomes a prestigious name brand or anything as I prefer to work in the shadows and make my legend anonymous and bound to an alias. as for this

Posted By chipla at 11:23 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Posted By Grim at

Would I just be stuck with whatever surname I ended up with and be forced to choose another's were I to wish to go with a different bloodline?

I'm not sure what you mean by this? If you die and don't play as your own heir you'll end up playing with a different family surname if you join a different family unit.

from what I've read in dev notes so far, I understood that you could choose to move to an heir in a different family but was unsure that you could earn the right to create your surname. I was going off the notion that, if I couldn't, that I'd be stuck using surnames not unique to my own creation...

Myrkul is always with us...