COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Aristocracy - Fused cities

Hi guys, I am new in this forum and I apologise in advance if my questions have already answered before.

I assume that every role above the mayor pledge gives enough land to own and control a city do basically every aristocrat IS a mayor on steroids.

If I were, for instance, a governor, I would try to contact other aristocrats in order to join our lands and become a bigger city. Would that be possible?

Would it be possible, in short, fusing multiple cities together and retain land ownership and aristocracy's advantages?

4/28/2017 1:18:42 AM #1

It is possible as far as I know. But Towns are pre-generated and will probably be very far apart. The only way to fuse them would therefore be to build a lot of houses/infrastructure in between these two towns, which could be very difficult depending on the terrain and distance.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

4/28/2017 4:48:57 AM #2

well not really, if you fuse multiple cities you'll end up with only one mayor, so other mayors would loose their aristocracy title

4/29/2017 3:51:36 AM #3

Thank you for your answers guys.

4/29/2017 11:07:48 PM #4

If you have more then one account with Mayor package the accounts will merge creating a bigger town.

Friend code: FF2B6D
4/30/2017 9:09:44 AM #5

Posted By Athad at 01:07 AM - Sun Apr 30 2017

If you have more then one account with Mayor package the accounts will merge creating a bigger town.

They can merge. You can also keep them separate if for some reason you really want to play multiple mayors, or if you wish to gift those accounts to others.

Alt text

5/1/2017 12:22:48 AM #6

It does raise an interesting question of having an order of mayors whom secretly work for their order rather than their duke or king.

My referral code is 1AF8FD

5/1/2017 3:06:32 AM #7

Marriage. Marry off your children to gain political power.

I'm not a doctor.

5/1/2017 4:15:51 AM #8

Posted By OmniscientFox at 02:22 AM - Mon May 01 2017

It does raise an interesting question of having an order of mayors whom secretly work for their order rather than their duke or king.

But, why would they want to? Unless they mean to shape the world via economic strong arming everyone. Still, it would take alot of clout and discretion to not be found out by SOMEONE.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

5/1/2017 10:26:22 AM #9

Posted By R3gis at

If I were, for instance, a governor, I would try to contact other aristocrats in order to join our lands and become a bigger city .Would that be possible?

Would it be possible, in short, fusing multiple cities together and retain land ownership and aristocracy's advantages?

I see this said a lot and the only thing I can think of when I hear it is - Why?

First of all, as far as I'm aware I don't think the game even works like that. The game world is pre-generated, and so are the towns. Maybe that's escaped some people's logic but that means you can't just claim a town from point A and then pick it up and plop it right next to another town at point B and say "hey presto - bigger town". They have already said that you can't move or even remove buildngs/land plots within a settlement because they are already intrinsically tied to the NPCs that live and work there, and editing that will mess with that. Imagine what transplanting a whole settlement and merging it with another will do. "Combining" only really works with Domains because you don't have to move or change anything, you just have to pick two domains next to each other and say "those two are together".

Also size of settlement is random, and the ability to choose which size you want has no bearing on "how many mayor packages you combine". Saying that combining two packages will enable you to get a bigger settlement implies that backers with only a single package will be blocked from claiming said bigger settlements, and that is not the case at all. The only thing stopping a single package holder from claiming the largest settlement on their Server is the likelihood of someone else with more IP coming in before them and scooping up that settlement for themselves.

Furthermore, being the Mayor, or Baron, of a settlement is kind of like Highlander - there can be only one. Which means you are asking someone who has forked out over $200 or more on their package, likely purchased because they themselves want to be Mayor, to choose to give up that privilege to fall in with your plan to be Mayor of a large settlement.

Would that be possible?

Personally, at start, I don't think so for the reasons I give above. However you could perhaps organise with one of more Baron+ backers to select settlements that are reasonably close to one another, and with a concerted effort through gameplay build and expand them until they eventually merged into a single settlement. Honestly that would probably be the more enjoyable route too even though it will take time, or perhaps because of it? But I would believe the moment the merger happens there is going to be competition on 1) the official name of the new merged settlement, and 2) who is going to be the head of that settlement.*

Why do all that though when you could just achieve the same thing with your One settlement package and an alliance with one or more non-settlement backers (gentry and under) willing to invest 1) their EP in your settlement by buying landplots, building homes and businesses, and any other such purchases that furthers not only themselves but your settlement, and 2) their time and effort post-Exposition in building their community and home town - your Settlement- with you over the course of the 10 years the game will run.

Why try negotiating with a 250IP $250 Mayor backer and having to decide who will be willing to bow out once the merger is done and risk a potential civil dispute if they change their minds when the time comes (perhaps being their plan all along?), when instead you could negotiate with a 250IP $125 Bloodline backer who has no interest in being Mayor and has invested, and thus has vested interest, in seeing your settlement expand and thrive.

I don't know. It just seems silly to me seeing all these people trying to merge their settlement with other's when really they should just be trying to team up with settlers looking for a home, and community, instead.

*At present it is unknown what happens when you merge a settlement. Logically speaking whatever land you own would remain in your ownership, and who becomes leader of the merged settlement would be decided by vote of the new merged Council, with the defunct Mayor/s stepping down to a mere Council member as is their right as a Landowner in the settlement. Having said that (if it is even the case) what happens to the land they own which is tied to the now defunct mayoral seat is another matter. Does it transfer to the new "Grand Mayor", in which case it becomes lost to you. Do you retain it and it becomes "regular" land with defunct buildings, such as the town hall, which will need to be converted to another use. Or. Perhaps your section of the new merged town becomes a subdivision (district/suburb/borough/ barrio), that you will continue to manage under the authority of the "Grand Mayor", with a new title reflecting thus.As such the land and the buildings tied to it will likely be given over to that function. We simply don't know.

Imgur Imgur