COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
About the videos

Hey, not so much a bug, but more a request. As a Deaf gamer who is extremely interested in CoE, I usually rely on hearing aids to partake in the Q&A and such. Unfortunately my hearing aid is BROKEN!

Preamble done, request ensuing:

PLEASE make captioning on your videos! It's no fun watching you guys have a laugh when you can't hear the joke.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

4/28/2017 4:47:17 AM #1

I can tell you from experience that captioning takes a looooong time to do. For a 2 hour video, it can easily take 4-6 hours to complete, or even more if you do a super thorough and accurate job. That said, it's a pretty big community, and somebody might be willing to help out if they enable it on YouTube. YouTube has a system where users can create captions and translated subtitles on other users' videos and submit them for approval by the video's creator. In order for anyone to be able to do that, though, it needs to be enabled by the person operating the channel. Otherwise somebody from SBS would need to do it themselves, and they probably have other things to do like actually making the game. xD

4/28/2017 5:10:49 AM #2

I know transcribing and captioning take forever, heckin yeah I do.

They captions were turned off on the Q&A, I guess by accident, but it's on now, and that was my hope, if worded awkwardly...

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF