COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Land Selection next month?

In the latest QA Caspian hinted at having the layways paid for next month elluding to Land selection then?

How much prior warning would we get?

Would we get a premade blank map of the unpicked land so we can discuss what we want rather then just a big rush?

4/28/2017 8:40:13 AM #1

Wouldn't be such a mad rush since the allocations will be done by order of IP. But yeah I realise there are far more tier 7 & 8's like our goodselves than counts or dukes.

Maybe the barons and below will be done in batches, based on the length of time that IP has been held?

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

4/28/2017 8:41:23 AM #2

Indeed I want time to deliberate where I want to go.

4/28/2017 8:57:31 AM #3

I fully expect Kingdoms to share their location and information with everyone pledged to them and there will have to be some kind of available map just so that those choosing know what has already been taken.

4/28/2017 9:02:03 AM #4

I think I've settled on a Kingdom, my choice of Duchy will largley be decided by geography rather than social\political.

There are a number of factors I'm still considering.

• Locate my settlement as close to the king as possible

-Pros: High PC concentration, trickle down wealth\resource

-Cons: getting lost in the crowd, little chance to work your way up and usurp the nobility

• Be on a county\duchy\kingdom\biome border.

-Pros: Possibly near to some rare resource, could be fun in war times.

-Cons: Far from help, lack of PC population.

• Settle in an NPC Duchy.

-Pros: Work your way up the nobility ladder, declare independance

-Cons: Lack of PC heirachy\support

What are your thoughts on settlement selection?

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

4/28/2017 9:06:22 AM #5

They also mentioned on the Q&A that packages for titles etc wouldn't be available at launch, which hints at them still being available to buy for a long time yet.

I think that the "finishing your layaway" warning was mainly to the people who have been asking how long they have to finish their layaway, because they want to pick land and/or server at the same time as everyone else.... if you don't have your layaway finished, then your not going to be able to pick anything until you finish it, as your pledge doesn't count.

4/28/2017 9:08:38 AM #6

Also don't forget that they have said that server selection comes before land selection, and higher level packages are more limited than other lower level ones... so if you are a king who is still paying off their layaway, you'll may miss out on a server if it's not paid in time

4/28/2017 9:49:56 AM #7

Posted By Nagash at 02:06 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

They also mentioned on the Q&A that packages for titles etc wouldn't be available at launch, which hints at them still being available to buy for a long time yet.

I think that the "finishing your layaway" warning was mainly to the people who have been asking how long they have to finish their layaway, because they want to pick land and/or server at the same time as everyone else.... if you don't have your layaway finished, then your not going to be able to pick anything until you finish it, as your pledge doesn't count.

The dev Journal Merriment-in-Increments gave the original layaway deadline as being Exposition. They also mentioned in DJ-19-PreAlpha-Experiences that "it is possible for new Mayors / Barons [and less likely new counts] to emerge from KoE" by purchasing them. Suggesting that those packages will at the least be available until Exposition.

However, those counts and mayors who care about where their domain/settlement is located should be fully paid off as soon as possible.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

4/28/2017 11:20:29 AM #8

Good points but also keep in mind that everything is subject to change.

4/28/2017 12:15:20 PM #9

Website needs to get updated so pay it off after that occurs.

As for a map it's not needed because there are days between Kings, dukes and counts picking that you can figure out where you need as a mayor.

I don't know anymore.

4/28/2017 1:00:01 PM #10

Didn't they say have everything paid off by the end of next month?

That means land selection is June or July.

4/28/2017 1:11:59 PM #11

I figure Land Selection is only of importance to folks owning titles. The rest of us will have to wait for expo.

4/28/2017 1:15:59 PM #12

Posted By Scheneighnay at 09:00 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

But it is still April, so next month would be May.

4/28/2017 2:15:16 PM #13

Posted By Iccubus at 08:15 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

Posted By Scheneighnay at 09:00 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

But it is still April, so net month would be May.

yeah, The assumption is that if that want you to be paid off next month. That the selection process would be in the following month (June)

because it is assumed they would give us the layway people at least a month notice to pay before selection.

4/28/2017 2:27:59 PM #14

Posted By ZeroCool at 03:40 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

Wouldn't be such a mad rush since the allocations will be done by order of IP. But yeah I realise there are far more tier 7 & 8's like our goodselves than counts or dukes.

Maybe the barons and below will be done in batches, based on the length of time that IP has been held?

Idk if I like the fact that they are going by IP, I have the standard amount for my package, but pledged during kickstarter, there are some that have more IP because they can afford to buy it. It took alot for me to get the funds up for a Count/Countess package and from what i have read I would be one of the last ppl in my tier to pick.

4/28/2017 2:48:47 PM #15

It is strange that they don't go by 'date of purchase' or whatever, but I guess they have a reason that allows/forces them to ignore the obvious problems with the IP approach.