COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
First post!

Discovered this game yesterday (though I think I remember the kickstarter) and have been reading through the site and forums. I can't quite believe how awesome it looks! I just really wanted to share my excitement!

I've been jumping from MMO to MMO for the past few years, trying to replicate the experiences of older MMOs when I first started playing and it's just so disappointing. With decent graphics being much more common you get these shiny looking games, that at a certain point (usually around mid to end game) become repetetive and shallow, and then they're either P2W cash cows, or the server population starts to die as people get frustrated with lack of content. I find it sad that a genre with such promise gets treated like this, so it is super inspiring to see a game in development that is offering the complete opposite!

It actually really reminds me of the Fable series too, I loved playing through those games with my brother when we were younger. I think I'll be some kind of nomadic traveller...Feels like my dream game realised at last.

Quick beginner question: I would like to support the studio through the packages, but am a little unclear on what you get for each in regards to alpha/betas. Do all of them unlock alpha/beta experiences (when they come) or just the more expensive ones?

4/28/2017 3:12:40 PM #1

First of all, welcome!!! I'm feeling pretty much the same as you. As for your question, the ribbons (/seals?) on the top left of each pack indicate the alpha/beta experiences they unlock. Beta I, Beta II, etc.

Friend Code: C00FFC

"You don't know me!"- Mrs. Pancakes

4/28/2017 4:15:30 PM #2

In addition to the Alpha\Beta Icons in the top left.

The packages with a wagon in the top right side of the package icon get access to the full 3 months of exposition.

The tiers under that will get in to exposition in descending order of IP. so the people that only buy the base 40$ package could end up only playing the last few days of exposition, though they will get to play in it.

4/28/2017 4:20:02 PM #3

Welcome to the community Smunchkin. As Noiserv stated when you click on and open each pack it will tell you at the top what the packs include for Alphas and Betas. It will also give you a detail list of everything else that is included in the Tier.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions don't be shy to ask. You will find the CoE community to be very helpful and willing to answer your questions. :)

4/28/2017 5:50:50 PM #4

That's more or less how I wound up here too. Lots of shiny but superficial games out there that just leave me wanting for something deeper and more gratifying. Dunno if you can ever replicate the experiences of your youth - there's just magic in 1st experiences that cannot be rediscovered.

So welcome, and good luck with your 2nd character. >:D

Friend Code: 4AC3A3

4/28/2017 5:54:17 PM #5

Welcome Smunchkin, understand about the jumping from MMO to MMO, have had three long term MMO's and everything else seems like a blurr.

(UO, SWG, and Conan)

4/28/2017 6:22:20 PM #6

Hi, can I just ask, what is the 'exposition' stage? I had a quick look in the FAQ and couldn't find anything about it. Is it basically just the alpha/beta stages?

Legacy Gaming

4/28/2017 6:32:08 PM #7

@Rosslington

Exposition is the stage where people have three months to build the world from the ground up. Pretty much making the world accepting for newer players. And so that all of us don't have to spawn in empty lands.

And I am like 80% sure that Exposition is after Beta.

4/28/2017 6:38:31 PM #8

Posted By DoctorFaust at 7:32 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

@Rosslington

Exposition is the stage where people have three months to build the world from the ground up. Pretty much making the world accepting for newer players. And so that all of us don't have to spawn in empty lands.

Ah okay, thanks :)

Legacy Gaming

4/28/2017 7:01:33 PM #9

Welcome home.

4/28/2017 7:41:54 PM #10

expoiPosted By Rosslington at 1:38 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

Posted By DoctorFaust at 7:32 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

@Rosslington

Ah okay, thanks :)

Expoisition is the pre-launch of the game and will be after beta.

It is the period for backers to flesh out the world and get things going. So that after the 3 months of exposition when the game officially releases it isn't just full of npcs.

That way there is already human governments, conflicts, trade, gladiatorial arenas, ect ready for the masses to join in to.

4/29/2017 4:40:18 PM #11

Wow what a community already! Did not expect that many replies to a post on a game forum for a game in dev :D Welcome home seems like the most apt thing to say, and thanks for the advice on the packages, really helpful.

You know when you were a kid and really excited for Christmas but it was 2 months away...this is how I feel right now!

The exposition is such a brilliant idea, one that should ideally cut down on dev time as well right? As they won't have to build so many towns etc. Ah there is so much to read up on but it just makes me more impatient...

4/29/2017 7:00:16 PM #12

Posted By Smunchkin at

Discovered this game yesterday (though I think I remember the kickstarter) and have been reading through the site and forums. I can't quite believe how awesome it looks! I just really wanted to share my excitement!

I've been jumping from MMO to MMO for the past few years, trying to replicate the experiences of older MMOs when I first started playing and it's just so disappointing. With decent graphics being much more common you get these shiny looking games, that at a certain point (usually around mid to end game) become repetetive and shallow, and then they're either P2W cash cows, or the server population starts to die as people get frustrated with lack of content. I find it sad that a genre with such promise gets treated like this, so it is super inspiring to see a game in development that is offering the complete opposite!

It actually really reminds me of the Fable series too, I loved playing through those games with my brother when we were younger. I think I'll be some kind of nomadic traveller...Feels like my dream game realised at last.

Quick beginner question: I would like to support the studio through the packages, but am a little unclear on what you get for each in regards to alpha/betas. Do all of them unlock alpha/beta experiences (when they come) or just the more expensive ones?

Welcome to the community Smunchkin, if you take a look at package page you will see in corner something that will tell you Alpha I , Alpha II , Beta I and Beta II those are the packages that give you access for them, next step is to choose what server you will be playing NA-E, NA-W, EU or APAC , also I will strongly suggest to get discord client since most of the community is on it, mingle and get to know people, here is the discord of my duchy you can hop and ask question in text or voice chat : Duchy of Fehu Discord