COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How much time will each group get for land selection?

I know that land selection will be in order of IP, the question is how much time will each IP group have to pick their land before the next group comes up? A day? a week? I remember when I was in collage that they day that classes opened for signup I was at my computer the moment it went live so I could get all the classes I wanted at the times I wanted.

However, due to my work I'm sometimes traveling for extended periods of time, and it would suck to miss out on my spot because I happened to have traveling at the time. I'm actually going to be out of state for 2 weeks next month which worries me since that seems to be estimated time for land selection based on the last Q&A.

4/28/2017 3:56:49 PM #1

That haven't given a date for land selection yet.

However, there is always the risk you might be off when it's planned. Obviously the main risk is that you'll slip down the picking order as a result, but would still ultimately get a selection.

I don't think realistically they can make each wave of selections drag out for weeks before opening the next or it might literally take all year to complete.

If possible I'd aim to plan ahead for that sort of eventuality - if there's anyone you can trust to do it for you in the event of your absence, give them details of what you're looking for.

That way, when the selection announcement does eventually come, if you're away for any length of time you'll be sorted.

4/28/2017 4:00:02 PM #2

Not that I really have an answer for your main question. I was talking about this before in discord, my mate brought up some pre-picking that may happen. Cause even if they give everyone 12hrs, well that would still take way too long. But all Caspian said was to have it paid off by next month, no date.

Remember SBS still has to release the map as well. Which sure who knows how much time before we will have. But to give groups enough time to even try to plan out anything, I would hope for at least a week. Which really wouldn't be long enough anyway.

4/28/2017 4:34:59 PM #3

I was thinking, one option that SBS can do is this.

Step 1 : Break everyone into tiers.

Step 2: Give each tier a few days or a week for domain/settlement selection. Give everyone 3 choices.

Step 3: Sort out choices in accordance to IP at the end of each period for each tier. e.g. Player A with 9000 IP, Player B with 8000 IP and Player C with 7000 IP. Player A and B both chooses Domain/Settlement I. Domain/Settlement I is given to Player A. Player B is then moved to the 2nd choice, Domain/Settlement II, which so happens to be Player C's 1st choice. Domain/Settlement II is given to Player B because Player B's IP is higher. Player C thus moved to his 2nd choice... etc.

Think it might work?

4/28/2017 4:48:46 PM #4

I got to participate in a land rush last year for this other game I was playing and it was pretty exciting. Everyone knew in advance the dates and times for all the tiers and because of that - folks got to plan sick days and vacations around their scheduled selection times. Most folks were ok with how land selection went, though at the last minute the developers almost pushed land selection to the right and people started losing their minds. Things went off as planned and most folks had a good time with it.

4/28/2017 6:12:10 PM #5

You would think they would contact all the Kings/Queens & Dukes/Duchess and come up with a time that works for them as well. Very important they are able to all attend.

4/28/2017 8:09:54 PM #6

Posted By Iccubus at 11:12 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

You would think they would contact all the Kings/Queens & Dukes/Duchess and come up with a time that works for them as well. Very important they are able to all attend.

Are you kidding? Just getting 5 people together at the same time can be a pain. If anything they'll just give a window of opportunity and then the royalty can select when they have a moment to.

4/28/2017 8:16:06 PM #7

My idea, and this is only an idea, would be like this:

We're already in an order depending on our IP.

With our IP orders, we could all choose at the same time, but if someone with more IP than you chooses after you, they could take your pick, and you would have to re-chose.

In example: Players 1, 2, and 3 have 1, 2 and 3 IP. They all want town A. Player 2 happens to be online first, and chooses town A. Player 1 then goes online, but can't choose town A because it was already chosen and they have lower IP than player 2. Player 3 goes online last, then they take town A from player 2 because they have more IP, so player 2 will have to find a different town.

4/28/2017 8:54:19 PM #8

Posted By Idioticmaddog at 11:34 AM - Fri Apr 28 2017

I was thinking, one option that SBS can do is this.

Step 1 : Break everyone into tiers.

Step 2: Give each tier a few days or a week for domain/settlement selection. Give everyone 3 choices.

Step 3: Sort out choices in accordance to IP at the end of each period for each tier. e.g. Player A with 9000 IP, Player B with 8000 IP and Player C with 7000 IP. Player A and B both chooses Domain/Settlement I. Domain/Settlement I is given to Player A. Player B is then moved to the 2nd choice, Domain/Settlement II, which so happens to be Player C's 1st choice. Domain/Settlement II is given to Player B because Player B's IP is higher. Player C thus moved to his 2nd choice... etc.

Think it might work?

They already have that, the Kings/Queens go first in IP order, then Dukes and Duchesses, and so on. But You have a window for selection based on IP, next lowest person cannot select till one above them finishes.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

4/28/2017 10:05:36 PM #9

This has probably been asked (and answered) elsewhere, but does land selection fall under the NDA or could they be streamed for those interested in watching the selection process? Either from SBS's twitch account, or a King/Duke getting feedback from their council or people settling under them.

4/28/2017 10:07:39 PM #10

Posted By Count_Emiya at 9:54 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

They already have that, the Kings/Queens go first in IP order, then Dukes and Duchesses, and so on. But You have a window for selection based on IP, next lowest person cannot select till one above them finishes.

Actually, I think it's done in brackets based on stuff I half remember from other threads and staff QnAs. Like it's kings first and then all the 99999-50000IP Dukes then the 49999-35000IP Dukes and then the 349999-20000IP Counts so on and so forth.

Coming Soon(tm)

4/28/2017 10:19:29 PM #11

Regardless of the system specifics, you can't have one where you must wait for a tier to complete picks before moving on to the next. You have to have a timer that opens up picking for the next group down on a schedule or you will never finish.

4/28/2017 11:51:28 PM #12

I know land selection goes in order of IP. Does that go all the way down to land gentry? If i have the highest IP of a non mayor/baron+ will i be able to pick my house in town before others at the same level or lower?

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

4/29/2017 12:43:41 AM #13

Posted By Kaynadin at 5:19 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

Regardless of the system specifics, you can't have one where you must wait for a tier to complete picks before moving on to the next. You have to have a timer that opens up picking for the next group down on a schedule or you will never finish.

Also consider that IP goes by very small increments. In order to break that down into time windows, they would have to say "at this specific minute, people with this specific amount of IP will pick"

Again, I think the system I previously mentioned would work the best- having everyone pick in the same timeframe, but have everyone be able to overwrite the picks of players with less IP than them.

4/29/2017 1:05:31 AM #14

There is a system in place... it will work.

4/29/2017 1:17:03 AM #15

Posted By Xefipor at 8:05 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

There is a system in place... it will work.

Does it involve a map and a dartboard?