COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Bardic Forensic Investigation

So, with the possibility of kings and players being killed and their killer not caught, I am really interested in the Bardic tree of Forensics. How would murder investigations work, will there be evidence only available based on your skill in a tree, will we be able to research new ways to analyze evidence at crime scenes within the game?

I'd like to know that if someone sneaks into a house at night, stabs a PC, and leaves with no witnesses and buries/cleans the weapon, that he didn't just get a free cheesy kill.

If the victim swept the floor regularly, would anyone find footprints as clues? If the killer disposed of his clothes, could we ever trace them back to him? Can we determine if the wound was from a serrated or smooth blade? If there was poison, can I dig through the stomach to retrieve a clue and trace it to some origin?

A thousand possibilities to catch a criminal are open in any case, and I'd like to know if we can expect some top tier investigators that actually have to be smart and try to solve the case and be rewarded for their effort, or not for their incompetence. Some lemon juice on the floor to track a potential intruder's shoe-size, stride, height, movements during a crime... I'd like to know the limits of forensic science's technology and skill leveling. If I spent every minute as a private investigator, could I potentially solve any crime? If I'm an exceptional and professional criminal, could I make a crime untraceable?

I'm sincerely interested in this, and I think it's knowledge everyone can benefit from.

4/29/2017 4:18:16 AM #1

Oh it's something I have quite a bit of interest in as well. Unfortunately it's one of the many things that very little detail has been given about.

4/29/2017 5:40:03 AM #2

There will always be clues that drop during a murder..There is always one witness counting the person you killed..If they don't see you there will be very little amount of evidences/clues dropped..You would most likely need higher investigation skills to even find it.

4/29/2017 5:58:50 AM #3

But the answers to the rest of your questions is no one really knows..This system is still being developed and there's not much information on it...

Just to give my 2 cents. I think the higher you get into investigation skills the less clues you would need to find the criminal..For disguises, I think the clues leads up to the disguise, if the person removed and toss it you'll most likely find it..If they keep doing it, I think the disguises would be the clues also leading up to the person wearing them.

Caspian said they also want player skill to be involved as we'll..So, if you find a disguise and take it to a tailor, the tailor says he's never seen this material and stitching technique before..You check with a herbalist to find out the material comes from a certain plant that grows part of the world..Hopefully, it works out something like that.

4/29/2017 6:49:20 AM #4

I, too am interested in this question, but from the criminal perspective. CoE will make the whole 'cat and mouse' game, a little more interesting if the forensic analyst has to work in order to find people like me.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

4/29/2017 7:30:08 AM #5

Posted By Un_muted at 11:49 PM - Fri Apr 28 2017

I, too am interested in this question, but from the criminal perspective. CoE will make the whole 'cat and mouse' game, a little more interesting if the forensic analyst has to work in order to find people like me.

The fact that it even gives a chance at finding criminals is what makes it so fun in my eyes.

4/29/2017 3:27:34 PM #6

Would be cool if you could recover a hair from the scene of the crime and then drop it in various alchemy potions and different colour changes would indicate their tribe, gender, rough age, hair colour etc. Fantasy CSI lol.

4/29/2017 3:33:54 PM #7

Hah, I know the bardic skills include so much more, but I can't help seeing bards dancing and singing around a crime scene whenever I see the title here. Lol.

Anyway, good idea and good luck in your investigations. :D

- Shmuck

4/30/2017 2:51:12 AM #8

Posted By TheGuardian at 08:33 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Hah, I know the bardic skills include so much more, but I can't help seeing bards dancing and singing around a crime scene whenever I see the title here. Lol.

Anyway, good idea and good luck in your investigations. :D

Swings out a lute

"I call this one, the Dirge of John Doe."

strum

4/30/2017 2:51:51 AM #9

Ooop, double post, it was just that good.

7/31/2017 9:40:04 AM #10

I am particularly interested in forensics as well. I want to start working towards founding schools as soon as I start. I think that the forensics skill would deal with more than just murder. People will do things that will grief other settlements that don't involve murder. I also think that forensics would be involved in investigations in political affairs, linking certain crimes to groups or organizations rather than just the run of the mill murder hobo.