COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Double Mayor

Hi, I am trying to find information on what would happen if I gifted a mayor title to a mayor. Would it double the size of his town? Or just the land of his town?

Im having a hard time finding specific info on towns...lots of stuff out there about duchies and counties

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

4/29/2017 4:06:48 PM #1

In "Celebrate Our Kickstarter-versary!" By Vye It mentions that if you have double kingdoms, counties, or towns they merg as one and increase in size, so double sized town.

Friend code: FF2B6D
4/29/2017 4:52:19 PM #2

Posted By Athad at 11:06 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

In "Celebrate Our Kickstarter-versary!" By Vye It mentions that if you have double kingdoms, counties, or towns they merg as one and increase in size, so double sized town.

Do you have a link for that? As I'm sort of in the same boat right now. I just got the Magistrate for myself, but my SO wants to play, but not be a mayor. He'd prefer to just hand those lands over to me and go off doing well, whatever manly warrior things he can go do.

4/29/2017 5:01:08 PM #3

Posted By Elenia at 09:52 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Posted By Athad at 11:06 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Do you have a link for that? As I'm sort of in the same boat right now. I just got the Magistrate for myself, but my SO wants to play, but not be a mayor. He'd prefer to just hand those lands over to me and go off doing well, whatever manly warrior things he can go do.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18789/celebrate-our-kickstarterversary

Exact Quote:

Transfer All Titles & Lands

If you have a package but wish to give all your titles and lands to another player, there will be an opportunity to do so before Settlement & Domain Selection. Here's what would happen:

• All items under the Titles & Nobility would transfer to the new account, along with the accompanying villa or manor

• Total Influence: Will stay the same since you still paid for it

• You retain all other package rewards (launch party tickets, sparks of life, design experiences, etc)

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

4/29/2017 5:07:36 PM #4

Thank you!!

4/29/2017 5:23:23 PM #5

They don't specifically say towns though, I believe the last one they mention as becoming a double land holder is Count.

I would think that towns would still apply but without confirmation i'd be cautious.

4/29/2017 5:25:59 PM #6

Town should be fine. I quoted that to Caspian last night and asked if Towns could be merged, and he said yes. Currently, up to 3 towns can be merged into one.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

4/29/2017 5:31:19 PM #7

Exact Quote:

Merge Accounts & Keep Everything

If you have multiple packages with the intention of combining everything into one mega-account, here is what you'll get:

Account Rewards: EP, Sparks, and Souls will stack Character Rewards: Packs, Transportation, & Pets stack Kingdoms, Duchies, and Counties don't stack, but instead become double domains. Settlements become 2x in size. Bonus Rewards: All will stack Total Influence: Will be the sum of both account's influence

Friend code: FF2B6D
4/29/2017 5:32:16 PM #8

Posted By Shady Clown at 12:25 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Town should be fine. I quoted that to Caspian last night and asked if Towns could be merged, and he said yes. Currently, up to 3 towns can be merged into one.

Oh great, awesome.

Thanks Shady for clarifying

4/29/2017 5:41:15 PM #9

How can 3 towns be merged if they're pre-placed and separated by potentially miles.

4/29/2017 5:45:42 PM #10

Posted By SoulSpark at 12:41 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

How can 3 towns be merged if they're pre-placed and separated by potentially miles.

Maybe it just compounds and you have access to a larger settlement that a regular mayor might not otherwise

4/29/2017 5:46:06 PM #11

Posted By SoulSpark at 6:41 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Because we merge accounts before land selection?

Coming Soon(tm)

4/29/2017 5:47:54 PM #12

Posted By SoulSpark at 10:41 AM - Sat Apr 29 2017

They will double or even triple the size of the settlement you choose, based on the number of settlement in your account. They haven't said the exact way they'll be doing it, although I think it was something along the line of copying the town you selected, and then pasting it adjutant/connected to your selected town.

I also asked "so does that mean that if I have let say 2 mayor titles in my account when I choose my settlement, and I were given the choice of choosing between a city and a hamlet within a county, choosing the city would give me 2 city worth of settlement, while choosing hamlet would give me 2 hamlet worth of settlement?"

But didn't receive a reply.

4/29/2017 5:54:56 PM #13

I think the city size increase would need to be capped. Imagine a king getting a triple sized capitol.

4/30/2017 6:16:37 PM #14

Interesting question. Magistrate + mayor would give 6000 influence so would this package mean selection before counts at 5000? What happens if such combinations take the largest settlements from counties? Will there be mayors with bigger settlements than the count? there are likely to be counties with only 1 major settlement what happens if a mayor in this situation takes it, do they automatically gain count?

So many questions...

4/30/2017 6:28:17 PM #15

Posted By Wraith at 9:16 PM - Sun Apr 30 2017

Interesting question. Magistrate + mayor would give 6000 influence so would this package mean selection before counts at 5000?

afaik mayors will select their settlements after all counts chosen their county, such high influence will mean that you will be one of the first mayors to pick your settlement

What happens if such combinations take the largest settlements from counties?

As mentioned in prev answer - counts will pick first (and they pick county AND their capital)

Will there be mayors with bigger settlements than the count?

I would say yes, it's possible to have larger settlement than count

there are likely to be counties with only 1 major settlement what happens if a mayor in this situation takes it, do they automatically gain count?

Same as before, count selects his settlement before mayor, if mayor will merge his accounts and gets pretty big city as well it would only mean there are at least 2 big ones, count stays a count.

So many questions...

I may not have correct one for all of them however