COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Society Status Progression

As of now the pledge packages are divided into four categories (adventurer, gentry, aristocracy and nobility) and each of those have three subcategories, however when the game is released will someone who pledged for the adventurer title be able to progress to another title including nobility?

For example, say a player has an adventurer package, how difficult would it be to attain the status and wealth of someone who has the gentry and aristocracy package? Will this be a very long process that most won't be able to do? If so then I assume gaining the status of a player with the nobility package will be near impossible for most?

I ask this because as of now I currently have an adventurer package but I am considering upgrading to the entry gentry package. If however we know that the process to progress to that level from the adventurer package is not to difficult/long then there is no point. As for the rest, I am just curious.

4/29/2017 9:19:56 PM #1

The short answer is yes, you can make your way to the higher class.

But keep in mind, aristocracy and nobility are different.

You need money to be an aristocrat. But to be a noble, you need a tittle which can't be bought, but had to be taken by force with a cassus belli or be appointed.

To become an aristocrat, you just have to bought 3 parcel of land and build a settlement. With time, it'll become an hamlet and you are officialy the mayor. Congratulation, you are an aristocrat.

Hamlet: 3 Parcels; 10 people; Well
Village: 9 Parcels; 25 people; Tavern
Town: 25 parcels; 75 people; Town Hall
City: 49 parcels; 150 people; Courthouse
Capital: 81 parcels; 250 people; Monument

To become a noble, the king can appoint you a duchy or a county, or the duke a county. But you'll need to be worthy and have relationship. Will you succeed ? Well, if they are you friend, it's easy, if not, work for it.

But an aristocrat can claim the county where he reside if enough aristocrat or noble follow him.

Check how here : https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/6549/dj-18-kingdom-land-management

I hope it'll help you.

4/29/2017 9:21:11 PM #2

You can rise to any position at all, a tier 1 backer, could even theoretically become king one day. How hard it'll be really depends on how high you are looking to rise and if you have to take that status from a player or NPC

4/29/2017 9:23:29 PM #3

On one hand, this question is very difficult to answer for multiple reasons. We don't know how much actual "wealth" the things in the packages will be worth once we actually get into the game world. Status is also not something that can be quantified easily as it depends on social factors as well as game mechanics, so the question of a commoner becoming a count will be pretty case-by-case.

On the other hand, we have to consider that there are only so many titles to go around. This means that not many players will be able to have a noble title by their very nature. In that sense, the question is easy to answer. However, land and wealth should technically be accessible to anyone so long as they can buy/acquire it as they are far less limited.

4/29/2017 9:32:08 PM #4

Posted By Fyreto at 5:19 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

But to be a noble, you need a tittle which can't be bought

Everything can be bought, when the right price is offered... ;)

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

4/29/2017 9:55:23 PM #5

Posted By Fyreto at 10:19 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

The short answer is yes, you can make your way to the higher class.

But keep in mind, aristocracy and nobility are different.

You need money to be an aristocrat. But to be a noble, you need a tittle which can't be bought, but had to be taken by force with a cassus belli or be appointed.

To become an aristocrat, you just have to bought 3 parcel of land and build a settlement. With time, it'll become an hamlet and you are officialy the mayor. Congratulation, you are an aristocrat.

Hamlet: 3 Parcels; 10 people; Well
Village: 9 Parcels; 25 people; Tavern
Town: 25 parcels; 75 people; Town Hall
City: 49 parcels; 150 people; Courthouse
Capital: 81 parcels; 250 people; Monument

To become a noble, the king can appoint you a duchy or a county, or the duke a county. But you'll need to be worthy and have relationship. Will you succeed ? Well, if they are you friend, it's easy, if not, work for it.

But an aristocrat can claim the county where he reside if enough aristocrat or noble follow him.

Check how here : https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/6549/dj-18-kingdom-land-management

I hope it'll help you.

Ahh this makes sense. So essentially it is possible to become anything regardless of your package when the game is launched. I assume we don't have enough information to say how hard it will be.

4/29/2017 10:46:12 PM #6

Posted By Virsep at 10:55 PM - Sat Apr 29 2017

Ahh this makes sense. So essentially it is possible to become anything regardless of your package when the game is launched. I assume we don't have enough information to say how hard it will be.

While we have no hard numbers for you CoE is founded on the risk/reward principle.

Since clawing your way from the peasantry to the nobility is a fairly substantial reward (and a fairly admirable achievement) I'd suggest it's going to be pretty damn hard. Like multiple generations, and some severe dance of dynasties surviving hard.

Coming Soon(tm)