COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Funding the game

I know that Soulbound studios raised 1.3 million in a kickstarter for the game but isn't a game of this size going to be a lot more expensive than that? I don't know a lot about game development so could someone enlighten me?

4/29/2017 10:41:05 PM #1

Kickstarter was the first of many phases of funding for Chronicles of Elyria. Even before the kickstarter campaign occured 5 years of development and personal funds went into the development of the game. After the Kickstarter campaign they continue to raise funds (now over 2.4 million) and will be doing other activities to raise funds. That initial amount that we got through the kickstarter campaign was only to help create a minimum viable product of the game.

hope this information helps. BTW the development journals say the same thing.

Art

"At its lowest point in the sky, the crimson bloom's to bring forth the night and those who roam its streets." Quote by - Frederick Seddon

4/29/2017 10:41:37 PM #2

SbS always intended for there to be corporate partners.

Coming Soon(tm)

4/29/2017 10:50:21 PM #3

Posted By HaiseSasaki at

I know that Soulbound studios raised 1.3 million in a kickstarter for the game but isn't a game of this size going to be a lot more expensive than that? I don't know a lot about game development so could someone enlighten me?

If you refer to the store: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/shop

You will see funding is far beyond where Kickstarted ended.

It also won't be the only form of funding, over time.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.