COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Coat of Arm + Other Designing Questions

I have a question regarding the pledges. Included in most of them is an option for a Coat of Arms to be created. Is that done with developers as a sort of design-walk-along? How will it work and when will it happen? Do we have to contact devs? Thanks.

~ Alyvs Trésdaum

5/2/2017 3:34:02 PM #1

+1 I was about to post the same question. Is there going to be a tool or something to create a cote of arms and export it to devs in SBS?

EU - Server >Friend Code: 72983B

5/2/2017 3:36:33 PM #2

Posted By Heartagram at 4:34 PM - Tue May 02 2017

+1 I was about to post the same question. Is there going to be a tool or something to create a cote of arms and export it to devs in SBS?

Yes, it seems like a question a lot of people want answered!

~ Alyvs Trésdaum

5/2/2017 3:41:34 PM #3

I think they were gonna release some tool for it or something.

iirc it isn't listed as a design experience

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/2/2017 3:43:07 PM #4

Posted By Apaukolypse at 4:41 PM - Tue May 02 2017

I think they were gonna release some tool for it or something.

iirc it isn't listed as a design experience

Thank you. It seems as if we'll just have to wait and see.

~ Alyvs Trésdaum

5/2/2017 6:32:31 PM #5

Many games have something like it: Diablo III; The Banner Saga... and so on. I belive that it's a simple tool to design, probably just a drag and drop tool to mix some predefined symbols over a layer. From Settler to above you're granted extra color and from proprietor to above you will have acces to extra sigils.

5/2/2017 6:36:28 PM #6

SBS has said in the past that there will be an IG coat of arms creation UI. The only players that get a FULLY custom CoA are the Royals (Kings/Queens), the rest of us schlebs get to use the UI. I'm hoping my personal design will be manageable in that.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/2/2017 6:49:57 PM #7

Posted By LorenzW at 3:36 PM - Tue May 02 2017

I'm hoping my personal design will be manageable in that.

Probably some people will have to change, this is why i haven't done mine yet.

5/2/2017 7:02:04 PM #8

ok so there is no point of me doing a design for my coat of arms yet as the tool might be limited with symbols etc.

EU - Server >Friend Code: 72983B

5/2/2017 7:26:42 PM #9

Posted By Heartagram at 07:02 AM - Wed May 03 2017

ok so there is no point of me doing a design for my coat of arms yet as the tool might be limited with symbols etc.

That's correct. It looks like it's going to be predefined symbols and colours.

5/2/2017 8:38:20 PM #10

Posted By LorenzW at 7:36 PM - Tue May 02 2017

SBS has said in the past that there will be an IG coat of arms creation UI. The only players that get a FULLY custom CoA are the Royals (Kings/Queens), the rest of us schlebs get to use the UI. I'm hoping my personal design will be manageable in that.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

~ Alyvs Trésdaum

5/16/2017 6:58:36 AM #11

I'm looking forward to this (presumed) tool. I've been looking at getting some custom artwork done but until we know what all the options are that seems like a wasted investment. It would be a shame to declare a particular coat of arms and not have it available in game!

5/16/2017 7:18:52 AM #12

Posted By Roth at 11:58 PM - Mon May 15 2017

I'm looking forward to this (presumed) tool. I've been looking at getting some custom artwork done but until we know what all the options are that seems like a wasted investment. It would be a shame to declare a particular coat of arms and not have it available in game!

Indeed, whcih is why I've only recently put up my shield idea, and only the shield. I want to wait until I know what I can do before creating too elaborate a thing.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/16/2017 9:42:02 AM #13