COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
It seems you can buy Villager and Guild Tokens with out having a package...

Given that one of the contests this month is based on the tokens I fully expect people to find ways to pad their chances.

We were discussing the months special events this morning in the Delgora Discord channel and I got to wondering if you could buy tokens without having an actual package and it seems you can.

Granted, I didn't go through with it but... I'm sure some will. I am now wondering if they do if that 10 bucks just goes into the ether as you have to "game" account with which to gift from.

Still... I'd call it a bug.

Also, it seems the carts don't clear. I logged out of my new fake account (TurdFergusson) from the buy screen and logged into this account and it went straight to the buy screen and the Villager Token was there, waiting to be bought. I bought my tokens the other day and they do not show up in the Merchandise screen for me currently. yet I was presented with the option to buy one.

I'd call that a bug as well. Even if it would error out if I tried to actually buy it.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

5/3/2017 10:06:29 PM #1

Sounds like a coding mishap, it shouldnt be hard to fix, they'll probably patch it soon

5/3/2017 11:49:46 PM #2

What if i have people that would buy me birthday presents but not play the game?

What if i bought tokens but wanted to wait for a sale to buy a package?

I thought you could only buy 1 token per account anyway?

5/4/2017 12:05:59 AM #3

I'm pretty sure the store isn't designed for people that don't have packages. So, if they want to buy you a present... Have them give you a gift card maybe.

As for the tokens you are supposed to only be able to buy one of each per account. What I said was that if you go into a "fake" account, put one in your cart and log out it will show up in your "real" accounts cart as purchaseable

5/4/2017 12:07:09 AM #4

Posted By MatrimCauthon at 6:06 PM - Wed May 03 2017

Sounds like a coding mishap, it shouldnt be hard to fix, they'll probably patch it soon

That's my thinking as well.

5/4/2017 12:37:31 AM #5

Actually, the store IS designed for everyone, and what you are pointing out is not a bug. The Merch store and the Package Store are in this instance two separate animals.

You don't need to buy a specific package to get a token. If you did, tokens would be listed as part of packages perks, not as seperate items. The Carriage for Two is also a seperate item, and is like the tokens: no direct connect to any particular package, and you can only buy one that you can gift to someone (or keep, your choice).

To participate in the contest, you need to only buy a token and gift it to someone. If that someone receiving gets the most tokens for their settlement/organization, they win. Packages not required except on the receiving end as the winning individuals must have a settlement/domain to apply the tokens to.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/4/2017 2:08:59 AM #6

Posted By LorenzW at 8:37 PM - Wed May 03 2017

Actually, the store IS designed for everyone, and what you are pointing out is not a bug. The Merch store and the Package Store are in this instance two separate animals.

You don't need to buy a specific package to get a token. If you did, tokens would be listed as part of packages perks, not as seperate items. The Carriage for Two is also a seperate item, and is like the tokens: no direct connect to any particular package, and you can only buy one that you can gift to someone (or keep, your choice).

To participate in the contest, you need to only buy a token and gift it to someone. If that someone receiving gets the most tokens for their settlement/organization, they win. Packages not required except on the receiving end as the winning individuals must have a settlement/domain to apply the tokens to.

So, I can make tons of accounts with no package and "gift" myself tokens? That seems wrong, or not thought out.

5/4/2017 2:19:54 AM #7

That is a good catch! I didn't even think of that and that is a bug. It is however purely front end. The backend won't allow you to go through with the purchase if you've already bought one.

Either way, going to have to fix that soon.

As far as being able to purchase tokens without actually having a package is something I already have a fix for and will be implementing soon.

ZRO

5/4/2017 2:23:31 AM #8

Cool. Thanks ZRO.

5/4/2017 3:46:46 AM #9

Why would it even be an issue to buy these on another account.

Are you only able to buy a single one normally ?

5/4/2017 5:25:15 AM #10

Posted By Azmodeth at 8:46 PM - Wed May 03 2017

Yes

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

5/4/2017 5:44:07 AM #11

Posted By Sieraen at 01:25 AM - Thu May 04 2017

Posted By Azmodeth at 8:46 PM - Wed May 03 2017

Yes

You're only supposed to be able to buy one of each kind per account, yes. And that is hardcoded into the game.

However, the Store on the website has a bug where you can pay for another through some chicanery but since the Game won't let you you're out 10 bucks. That's a bug.

As for the not being able to buy one without a package, it keeps people from making scores of dummy accounts that have no package and buying them with the purpose of giving them to themselves. No package, no token presumably.

5/4/2017 9:30:27 AM #12

It's very obvious that the villager token is only intended for paying accounts. They will likely ensure measures are put in place where only players with paid up backing tiers are able to transfer their tokens. If it forces exploiters to cough up for additional accounts, fair game :D

On the subject though, as a reminder, if you have friends or family (or kids you've paid for accounts for), make sure they get villager tokens.

5/4/2017 9:37:08 AM #13

Another thought - look out for potential exploits where people merge accounts together with villager tokens as a workaround too.

Perhaps when accounts with villager tokens are merged, it rebates them with 10$ store credit and cancels the additional token?

5/4/2017 11:56:38 AM #14

That's a good point.

5/4/2017 9:39:40 PM #15

Not anymore! Mwahahaha!

ZRO