COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Warriors Guild (Interest Check)

So, for a while now I have been tossing around an idea in my head for a Warriors Guild. I think I may have even posted about this before.

I know there are alot of combat oriented organizations out there already, yet I haven't really seen any that truly fit what I am after. Normal guild activities I am thinking of include lots of sparring/duels, regular informal tournaments, keeping track of fights and maintaining rankings/leaderboard, and setting up war games with the armies of any interested Nobles, and perhaps a mentorship program where players could come to learn from the higher ranking players.

If such a thing already exists, please let me know. If not, I would be willing to create such a thing myself. I may only be pledged at Tier 1, but I have a BUNCH of ideas on how such a thing could be funded which include, but are not limited to:

1. Seeking funding from a Noble (I think there are plenty of Nobles out there who would be very eager for an organization of ambitious warriors to come to their domain)

2. Taking requests for jobs (Lots of people bound to need stuff killed). I don't really want the organization to be focused on mercenary business, but I see no reason why such opportunities should be turned down.

3. Ideally, I would like to host large tournaments open to the whole server and invite the best fighters to test their mettle against eachother. I would also like to host grand melees in which I would invite Nobles to bring their best men and compete to see who had the best soldiers out there. It would be a trivial matter to charge an entry fee or for seats.

So that is more or less the concept. Would anyone be interested in such an organization on NA-E (assuming one does not already exist)? I would like to know if the interest is there before I attempt to turn this into anything more than just an idea of mine.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/5/2017 10:48:22 AM #1

This is indeed interesting, but question why the naming of Warriors guild instead of adventurers or mercenary group?

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious."

5/5/2017 9:05:01 PM #2

Cause we wouldn't necessarily be Mercenaries or Adventurers.

Most of the time we would be dueling each other, not out fighting wars or adventuring. The point is an environment where players can PvP whenever they want without risk of Coup de Grace.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/5/2017 9:28:41 PM #3

Most nobles will be interested in having a bunch of grizzled fighters in their domain.

The troublesome part is the funding. They're willing to fund their army because their army will listen to them and fight for them.

But can the same be said of the warriors guild?

And by funding, I'm assuming things like land, equipment, food, housing, etc. Which can add up to become quite a sum. Of course, things might be different if its only partial funding.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

5/5/2017 9:32:14 PM #4

I'd be interested in seeing a Warrior Guild come to fruition. If you need any help what so ever, let me know. I love to see organizations like this chip out another facet in CoE.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

5/5/2017 9:35:59 PM #5

your tier doesn't reflect your ability, so folks shouldn't worry about whether you are tier 1 or tier 12

it's all about your initial vision, your passion and enthusiasm to bring that vision to life, as well as a logical and viable roadmap/plan to get there

i wish you the best of luck and much success!

p,s, don't be bothered if another one exists - there might be kingdoms/duchies/counties that might have something similar - so what? - make one that is better in one respect or another

5/5/2017 10:24:42 PM #6

Thanks for the support you guys. It really means alot.

Posted By Shady Clown at 5:28 PM - Fri May 05 2017

Most nobles will be interested in having a bunch of grizzled fighters in their domain.

The troublesome is the funding. They're willing to fund their army because their army will listen to them and fight for them.

But can the same be said of the warriors guild?

And by funding, I'm assuming things like land, equipment, food, housing, etc. Which can add up to become quite a sum. Of course, things might be different if its only partial funding.

Because its possible for their army to train in the guild and, more importantly, for the guild members to be part of their army. If I were to make this guild, one of the founding ideals would be members freedom. I wouldn't care what they did or who they were as long as they just came to fight and better themselves. They could choose to be Adventurers, Soldiers, and Mercenaries when not at the guild. The guild would just be a place they could come and PvP as they please with minimal risk.

So I stand by that it would be an attractive proposition for Nobles for grizzled warriors to come to their domain, as they are potential recruits for their army.

As for what the funding would be, I think just the basic facilities (Building for the guild, doesnt have to be huge, and a nice open grounds for fighting) along with some financial aid so that I could afford to pay any staff that were deemed necessary (along with myself so I wouldn't starve trying to keep the thing running). I would like to eventually have training weapons and armor on hand, but I think at first it would not be a big deal to have people provide their own equipment. Afterall, its best to train with what you plan to fight with (ie your own equipment).

As I said before, I could probably find ways to be more autonomous later. Once the guild got off the ground, I could charge membership fees in order to afford better equipment and facilities. But I think at the start of the game some help from a Noble would definitely be needed.

5/6/2017 12:45:55 AM #7

What server would you be on? Are you open-minded to what kingdom you'd reside under?

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

5/6/2017 12:55:06 AM #8

Sounds more like a dojo than a guild, a school.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/6/2017 1:09:04 AM #9

Posted By Count_Emiya at 5:55 PM - Fri May 05 2017

Well, no, I get more Fairytail vibes from the explanation, more or less.

I'd call it a guild

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

5/6/2017 1:36:09 AM #10

Posted By Sieraen at 8:45 PM - Fri May 05 2017

What server would you be on? Are you open-minded to what kingdom you'd reside under?

I'm NA-E.

I would PREFER Vornair at the moment, simply because I believe that I would be most successful in a Kingdom more densely populated by players (and because I have a few friends there). That said though, if there are Nobles out there who love this idea and/or give me a great opportunity, I could definitely be persuaded to go elsewhere.

5/6/2017 1:41:42 AM #11

Posted By Count_Emiya at 8:55 PM - Fri May 05 2017

Sort of. I think some guilds and schools are similar in purpose. I think the difference lies in the methods. A guild is people coming together to play together, and mastery of the craft coming that way. A school I see of more as people agreeing to share information and teach eachother. Both result in self betterment, but through different methods.

I also am not counting on the mechanics of schools covering combat stats.

5/6/2017 1:47:01 AM #12

I have a guild of mercenaries in which i plan to implement a similar idea. except i plan to put the warriors to good use. not just to duel but also to bounty hunt and guard when needed. i sent a pm. thanks for your time

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

5/6/2017 2:19:00 AM #13

Posted By Varrgrym at 9:47 PM - Fri May 05 2017

I have a guild of mercenaries in which i plan to implement a similar idea. except i plan to put the warriors to good use. not just to duel but also to bounty hunt and guard when needed. i sent a pm. thanks for your time

Yeah. I do remember you telling me about your place not too long ago, and I did consider joining. I meant to give you a more in depth reply sooner but, I think I just fell asleep and forgot (Extremely sorry xD).

I just look around me and I see organizations trying to make "use" of PvPers and Warriors. That is all well and good, but as a competitive gamer for some time now, I think many are overlooking the true nature of PvPers: They just want to PvP. So, I want there to be an organization FOR them, not to make use of them. I want there to be an environment where they can do that whenever they want, with minimal risk. Instead of waiting around twiddling thumbs for war to break out or wandering roads alone hoping you get jumped by bandits, I want there to be a competitive environment with plenty of opportunity for people to prove themselves on a regular basis.

While your plans sound wonderful, it is not exactly what I am looking for. It seems more like a casual, community based organization, while I am seeking a more dedicated, competitive organization. You want everyone to have a role in your community, to make "use" of people. I suppose I would be fine with carrying out combat roles, but only because I would want to PvP. I think it is much better to just cut out the middleman and just give people PvP without having to wait for it as a guard or go looking for it as a bounty hunter. I would be willing to do these things if I needed money or if I needed to repay a favor, but I don't see it as necessarily desireable to carry out those tasks. So while your organization is tempting, it isn't the perfect fit I am looking for.

5/8/2017 6:58:06 AM #14

Think I might just give this a shot. Thanks again for the support you guys.

I will start drafting up a recruitment post very soon. Reckon that is the logical first step.

5/8/2017 7:31:11 AM #15

Title + First line gave me a picture of Morrowind, you know that great Elder Scrolls game. Sure there was a Warriors Guild in Oblivion, but the point being how to mold such a Guild. An Elyrian wide Warriors Guild could be interesting as would any Elyrian wide guilds.