COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU]The Rangers Guild

Takes inspiration from the Welsh Rangers,who held no allegiance to any Welsh Kingdom and would only fight invaders of the country(usually Merica or from the late 900s onwards England) It also takes huge inspiration form my favourite book series "The Rangers Apprentice" Based on stealth as-well as mastery of the longbow,and a pair of daggers. Of course in CoE weapon choice will be more free,but this is a guild for those that want to master the Bow.

Structure:

It will be a meritocratic guild where you will move through the ranks according to your skill and efforts. The leader will have the most say on decisions,however the the guild shall be run by a council of the officers(not seeing enough Democracy in these guilds so thought I'd throw some in)

Officer Corps:

• This will be made up of the leadership of the guild,each division head will fall into this category as-well as their division. This will be Where the decisions will be made,promotions will be decided and tasks will be assigned.

• Ranks in order-First ranger(Leader) -Second ranger(Second in Command) -Division Heads(The leader of each corps) -Junior Officers(Rangers of great skill but not in charge of a Division)

Field Corps

• This will probably be the biggest corps in the Guild. These are the rangers that will perform the main roles in the wilderness:exploration,bounty hunting,removing bandits from highways,etc. They will be in the most danger on a day to day basis and will most likely develop the best combat skills out of the Corps.

• Ranks in order-Division Head(Leader of the corps) -Senior ranger(Skilled Field ranger with a long service) -Ranger(Proven fighter,and field agent) -Apprentice(New to the guild,or swapped form another corps)

Crafting Corps

• This will be where the weapons and armour of the guild shall be made. As-well as the source of research for the guild. This will also be the source of the Guilds income so is by no means a lesser Corps than the Field Corps.

• Ranks in Order-Division Head(Leader of the corps) -Sectional Head(In charge of a specific craft e.g. head of Blacksmiths or Armoursmiths) -Crafters(Will be the main source of production and income) -Apprentice(Taught by crafters,could be a ward or new member)

Shadow Corps

• The group that deals with the darker side of affairs,assassinations,theft etc. They will be taken from the Field Corps for their specific skills. They are by no means evil,they just do what needs to be done.

• Ranks in order-Division Head(Leader of the corps) -Master Shadow(A proven member of the corps) -Shadow(Skilled member drafted from the Field corps)

Elite Corps(Possible)

• This will be(if created) the corps for those of extraordinary skill,it will also include any members with combat based talents that may join. These will be the rangers that do what none other can,what others do not even see as possible. There are no ranks,these Rangers are answerable only to the First Ranger and will all be of equal rank to each other. Following a similar method as the SAS where the person with the most expertise for each operation will lead.

Policy:

We are a guild that works for the betterment of the people,be that clearing out a bandit group,killing a monster,supplying medical aid to a plagued town or even removing a Tyrant. We will do all to uphold the purity and freedom of the World,be it working for a Kingdom of Good,or overthrowing a Kingdom of Evil.

So if your interested in this ideal,drop a message below.Join the Rangers for the good of Elyria.

Our Website can be found here

And you can join us on our old forums here

1/19/2016 9:56:09 PM #1

I'm interested, sounds sort of like an adventurers guild but with a bit more personal freedom, i.e. no ties to one specific kingdom. So count me in please!

1/19/2016 10:04:09 PM #2

If your interested, the leader of our rangers is an open position in our guild. Right now we are fairly new and open to changes. Any leaders can help transform the guild. If you are interested see the link below in my signature.

1/19/2016 10:21:21 PM #3

Welcome aboard then :)

Glad someone else share my view on being involved with a kingdom. I really want to avoid being tied to a Kingdom,makes a guild more like an Army division than an independent organisation imo.

1/19/2016 10:41:07 PM #4

Yeah it sounds like there's a lot more freedom where you don't have to be a specific character someone else thinks you would suit. Would there be a branch that sees to the economic side of the guild?

1/19/2016 10:54:08 PM #5

The Economic/trader part comes under the Crafting Corps,didn't see much point in having 2 smaller corps when they can fit into one.

1/19/2016 10:55:51 PM #6

Looks good, count me in, hope I can get into the shadow corps.

1/19/2016 11:04:33 PM #7

Sounds awesome, I'll join.

1/19/2016 11:08:32 PM #8

Sounds right up my street, not sure where I myself would fit in as I would like to do a bit of everything archery related. However any of the three corps look like a good fit for me, it will probably be a case of see what I enjoy when the game finally gets here.

1/19/2016 11:23:13 PM #9

Ah nice, smart idea and it will integrate well in a Ranger orientated guild! I would also recommend trying to enter the League of Independent Nations and Groups as being a Ranger Guild, information and contacts should be a fairly high priority.

1/19/2016 11:36:19 PM #10

Perhaps,I was thinking about it but the league is more nation based than organisation based. Could join up as peacekeepers,essentially what the Rangers were going to be anyway.

1/19/2016 11:41:39 PM #11

Also we do lose some freedom from joining due to the treaties they might put in place. But I do like the Leagues goal of acting as the UN(well I guess they want to be the in game League of Nations) its a good idea,but not sure if we'll fit in,especially if the league goes evil.

1/19/2016 11:41:44 PM #12

I was basing my toon on the Rangers from the books also. So. Am in sounds good to me. The only part I do not like is the shadow part but I agree that if we need to take down a tyrant we will need people that can be assassins but he rest I am looking to see it in game.

1/19/2016 11:42:13 PM #13

With a side order of contracted assassinations and thefts? How will the Shadow corp fit in with the peacekeeping mantra that the rangers guild will be sticking to? Will they only be hits ordered on 'evil' people? Or will it be available to the public?

1/19/2016 11:49:06 PM #14

The Shadow corps main role will be surveillance. But if there is a tyrant for example then they enter the role as assassins,it won't be an assassin for hire group.Assassinations will only be a last resort against evil people. "Evil end for an evil person" sort of thing.

1/19/2016 11:51:24 PM #15

Oh and the thieving was more of returning stolen items where stealth is an easier way than an attack. Say a bandit steals an important document vital to a kingdom the Shadows would sneak in and take it back,maybe leave a fake behind to trick the bandits. That sort of thing.