COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Losing titles

Does anyone have plans to lose their titles? So far i haven't met someone that has mentioned plans to change to roles lower on social ladder.

Personally I do actually think it will be fun to set up an area and then retreat and become an observer. I guess i play like a chozo

5/11/2017 1:22:03 PM #1

Kind of altruistic player, buy a tittle; spend ep to focus and improve a comunity; leave... Well, if you focus your settlement in religion and plan to play as a monk...

5/11/2017 1:27:14 PM #2

I'll be using my title for a little while, but I'd rather be free of the responsibilities before long. So much to do, so much to see!

5/11/2017 1:34:19 PM #3

I will (am) planning on having someone join my house and help me rule for a lifetime. As a reward for their hard work in their next life if they have the SP they will inherit my title and I will step in as their backup.

So I would fall into that category.

5/11/2017 1:55:42 PM #4

He who takes excalibur from my rotting corpse will be allowed to proclaim himself the new Count of Shade.

The downside is that I don't own a sword named Excalibur, and probably never will. We'll see.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

5/11/2017 2:58:48 PM #5

One of my clan members is donating hus mayor title to me so that we can share the double sized settlement and work on it as a team.

5/11/2017 3:37:54 PM #6

I've got someone planning to donate a Mayor title to me. Not everyone wants the extra duties, but most like the package.

He's planning on being a blacksmith, so having a bigger more secure settlement to work from benefits him too.

Personally I fully expect to lose my count title some time - anyone who doesn't hasn't been listening to SBS.

As for what I'm doing about it, I don't really mind. I'm setting up an alt with a nice little business, have people I know settling in locally, at least 3 of which will be in expo, the rest may or may not wait until launch. I'll improve the county infrastructure and make it a good place to live - then everyone benefits.

When my successor steps in, it all depends if I feel they stepped in "in the right way". If they seem decent, I'll carry on with my main, with a few less duties to worry about and help to develop the place. If I feel my successor is a lowlife, I'll have a nice deviant lifestyle to RP as I sabotage him :D

5/11/2017 4:49:29 PM #7

While I don't plan on losing my title, I must say that I can't wait to lose it. If the conditions are ideal, losing my title means I have the freedom to go all out, so to speak. I guess I can say that losing my title is when the free fun begins for me, and hopefully the story agrees.

5/11/2017 5:42:26 PM #8

Posted By DoctorFaust at 5:49 PM - Thu May 11 2017

While I don't plan on losing my title, I must say that I can't wait to lose it. If the conditions are ideal, losing my title means I have the freedom to go all out, so to speak. I guess I can say that losing my title is when the free fun begins for me, and hopefully the story agrees.

Exactly right. Just as there is appeal in shaping a town, county etc, it's very much an anchor while you're doing that manner of job.

5/11/2017 5:43:38 PM #9

While I dont plan on losing my titles right now, after my first life is over should someone come along the reason why they want my title and position will determine what I do. Should the reason be for the person just to have that title/position, I will fight them for it, even if I have grown tired of it. However should one of my trusted barons come to me while I am a count and present to me valid reasons, that I find believeable, as to why they would be a better count, and my duke also believes in the reasons that baron gave, then I would see about peacefully transering my title and position to them. If the option is available though, I would first make them my second in command of the county and allow them near total management of it for a few months, then if they still wanted the position and title, do the transfer.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

5/11/2017 7:53:21 PM #10

I feel like it does help you enjoy the game to be accepting of change. Change is inevitable so your going to have more fun making most of changes rather than living in fear of them.

This doesn't always apply to games but if COE succeeds in realism it should.

5/11/2017 9:10:24 PM #11

I don't have plans to deliberately lose my titles but I certainly have plans for when that happens.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/11/2017 10:46:22 PM #12

Posted By Reikan at

Does anyone have plans to lose their titles? So far i haven't met someone that has mentioned plans to change to roles lower on social ladder.

Personally I do actually think it will be fun to set up an area and then retreat and become an observer. I guess i play like a chozo

Define lose from what i heard is you can gift it someone or you can make it into EP/IP. Since being a king or similair has a lots of responsibility and probably is quite a lot of work.

What i will do if i lose my Mayor/Baron title is i open up a alchemy store and kill all who made me suffer.

5/12/2017 12:27:35 PM #13

Well I do mean lose rather than gift. But yeah i guess i was thinking just what would people have as contingency plans, Must be someone out there setting up a slush fund. Become like real politicians set up the economy to fail when you leave so people blame the next guy. Downside to this is that you would be a politician and not worthy of the air you breathe but still interesting game wise.

5/23/2017 1:58:07 AM #14

I picked up the count package, I had actually planned on setting up an area for farming, and then losing the title to travel the game later on as a blacksmith. Crazy I know but I thought it would be fun.

Blessed be the Kings......

5/23/2017 2:59:35 AM #15

When I do lose it I hope it is spectacular worthy of a tale, would like it to go out with a bang like a big battle last stand bull shit, then I am going to become legendary cream pie maker, travel across the Elyria peddling cream pies, so no soul ever will lack a cream pie ..... a LEGENDARY cream pie I p2W for blue prints! ;)