• Duchy - Singraven

Biome & Area

*Still undetermined

County Motto

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Da Vinci

County Focus

• Economy

Resource gathering & Crafting

Focuses: Animal Breeding & Shipbuilding (assuming we can get access to water)

• Trade

Act as a central trade hub within the kingdom

Focus: Infrastructure planning & Infrastructure Investments

• Military

Mounted group of warriors to allow for speed and direct access to the action. Our location is in a frontline duchy in the kingdom of Boardweall.

• Research

Distribution of knowledge through schools (funded on a county level)

Acquisition of knowledge through a college system

Focus: Desire to look into things that help economic production ie. Windmills for wood production to help with ship mass production of ships

Primary Goal

*Infrastructure (affects everyone)

Secondary Goal

*Breeding (affects security mobility and trade)

Tertiary Goal - long-term goal

*shipbuilding and supporting economy/infrastructure

Pledged Cities and Baronies

5/14/2017 10:14:13 PM #2

Awesome recruitment post!

5/14/2017 11:37:21 PM #3

I used yours as inspiration lol

5/16/2017 3:37:30 PM #4

really cool site :D

http://saffira.duchyofsingraven.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/01/litleboyblue.png

5/17/2017 6:27:37 PM #5

Thank you & welcome to the community.

5/18/2017 6:42:46 PM #6

glad to have you as part of the kingdom :)

5/19/2017 5:53:09 PM #7

Nicely put.

5/19/2017 7:46:09 PM #8

The website looks amazing! and I guess the rules are clear too "don't be a dick" XD. very well done

5/19/2017 10:36:47 PM #9

If nothing else, visit the site. There are a few missing URLs at the moment, but it looks and sounds amazing, and its easy to navigate.

The people so far sound good and just want to be strong and active but as a group. No conquering the world. Be helpful, participate, and have fun. I personally feel that games are better when played like that, so I'm on board.

Life is short. Make the most of it. ^_^

5/21/2017 10:18:18 AM #10

Thanks man, the website took some time to get the feel right, The broken links however is in the duchy website, I haven't had the time to finish that one :p

As you stated during our talk:

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

-Leonardo da Vinci

I think that really sums up what we intend to do for our county, and as such will be adopting that as our county creed.

I really look forward with you as we continue to build the county.

Welcome to Saffira

5/22/2017 11:54:19 AM #11

Great concept for a community! But can you explain that thing about the windmills please?

5/23/2017 7:29:26 PM #12

The thought behind the windmills actually comes from the dutch and their golden age. It was through this technology that they were able to mass produce wooden boards and beams in order to build ships. Even though they were a small country they ended up becoming one of the most powerful nations of their time, even defeating the British and sailing up the River Thames to steal their flag ship (of which parts can be still seen today in the Netherlands :)

But what im getting at is that while that is a long term research goal you need to start with some of the basics :)

Besides that i think knowing history will help as well in certain elements of the game, like in our case to spark a golden age :)

6/4/2017 2:25:50 PM #13

Have you thought of a name for your capital? Also have you put any thought into what the ideal surroundings would be?

6/10/2017 2:32:49 PM #14

At this time im leaning towards Oldenzalia (historical city name), however I also like the name Sing Raven or Sin Graven (as it allows some a play on the RP context)

As for biom, its all dependent on land selection. However I do intend to locate near water, and have fields/ forests in the area. So something in a savanah context would be something different and unique.

6/13/2017 8:50:55 AM #15

Any count that serves in the shield wall will be a grand count indeed. I wish you luck.