COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
My one concern or gripe

First let me say I have lurked for a long time, but never decided to post until now. I think this game has the potential to be a game that could revolutionize the genre and gaming community and I understand the need for community support to get these types of games funded. However, my one grip/concern is although it isn't directly a p2w platform I dislike the aspect of people who invested the most start as kings. I have no interest in swearing fealty to someone just because they donated more than me. I donated what my means could afford. So my question is thus, could there be a "fresh" server where everyone starts on the same foot?

I see this game blending the greatness of the dynasty building of Crusader Kings 2 with the empire building of EVE online and amazing inovations in gameplay added in. I am not suggesting those who donated couldn't have an advantage going in, but have the land start out completely unclaimed and people would need to use their resources to climb the ranks and get other novels nearby to swear fealty in the process of your own rise to power. This would mean there Isnt a set 'x' kings/dukes per continent it would be up to the players on how that all worked out. I am thinking like eves state of the galaxy videos showing how the territory lines had shifted and alliances were made etc.

TLDR I would like to see a fresh server with no land assigned and have characters build from the ground up and declare themselves dukes/kings by holding land and making other players around them swear fealty. Just my 2 cents. Thoughts?

5/22/2017 7:31:48 PM #1

Posted By Immortalis_Family at

get other novels nearby to swear fealty

This made me laugh for some reason.

5/22/2017 7:36:42 PM #2

Oh not this agai-, I mean, there was a post about this exact same topic weeks ago and it just died down.

On another note, you don't have to swear to a king, hell you don't even have to meet them. It's like having a President but not caring what he does if you want it to be that way.

5/22/2017 7:38:09 PM #3

I would recommend going to server that do not have all king npc spots claimed . At the current time NA West Server currently two NPC Kings which can change if layaway kings are paid off .

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be more than Two NA servers at some time to supply with demand of players .

Nothing is really taken for granted till Release of the game . So don't have your hopes now . I personally believe there should be at least one NPC King per server for situations like that.

5/23/2017 2:48:11 AM #4

From what I gather, the people who are paying to be king get to play a sim city style of game to start. The devs are giving us blank biomes (no towns) to which we get to build our kingdoms, provences and city's to attract real people and NPC's to live and work. Once you find a PMC (player made city), you can live there and climb the ranks as desired.

5/23/2017 2:52:05 AM #5

Oh, I made a mistake... XD

5/23/2017 2:59:56 AM #6

Posted By Immortalis_Family at

TLDR I would like to see a fresh server with no land assigned and have characters build from the ground up and declare themselves dukes/kings by holding land and making other players around them swear fealty. Just my 2 cents. Thoughts?

You can imagine a server like that, but as there's no plans for one, I wouldn't hold your breath. But as you've got no skin in the game anyway, hopefully this fact won't be too disappointing for you. The game's simply not going to be doing that. It runs counter to the concept of exposition which is one of the key aspects of Elyria world building.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

5/23/2017 3:03:31 AM #7

this bs again?

5/23/2017 6:35:09 AM #8

So basically you want untamed wilderness of cutthroat competition where unless you're there for the very first day you'll never progress any further since the older players outrank you and keep you suppressed at the bottom. I think I'll pass and instead get to know a king I can put my faith in, rather than preemptively assuming they're all bad leaders and only did it because of their wealth.

5/26/2017 2:16:55 PM #9

If the game is going to be what the devs say it will be, and what we pretty much expect it to be because of the DJs and Q&As, your proposition is nearly impossible.

Let's say they DO start a 'blank server' where everyone starts as a peasant and has to work their way up. This is guaranteed to go along with fighting, murdering and bloodshed. Added to this, the amount of people that would want to go for a royal position would be far greater than the available slots. This means that, by the time the slots are filled and chaos has died down a bit (if that happens at all), a ton of people will have left the game because they died too often and don't want to pay for another life.

TL;DR: Too much chaos, no balance, ragequits.

7/17/2017 5:18:01 PM #10

Has there been any changes regarding the risk of losing your County if you pledge as a count? I do have a count pledge on layaway and I very much would insta-buy it if there was an assurance the 500$ would not be lost on day one because the other counts or higher ups decided to attack me and destroy everything that came with my purchase.

7/17/2017 5:32:26 PM #11

Posted By Aspiro at 03:18 AM - Tue Jul 18 2017

Has there been any changes regarding the risk of losing your County if you pledge as a count? I do have a count pledge on layaway and I very much would insta-buy it if there was an assurance the 500$ would not be lost on day one because the other counts or higher ups decided to attack me and destroy everything that came with my purchase.

You can't attack for the first 2 months of expo. Only in the third you can, if I'm remembering right. But even then, not like taking someones county is going to be so easy anyway.

If you are worried about people within your own kingdom taking you out. I would join one that fits your playstyle. Kingdoms are meant to look after one another. Sure some within maybe power hungry, just make sure to join the right group.

7/17/2017 5:57:23 PM #12

Posted By Aspiro at 10:18 AM - Mon Jul 17 2017

Higher ups cannot strip you of your title without reason. you need to have betrayed them in some way (such as joining a coup or not defending them against a coup).

If other counts attack you without a casus belli, then the higher ups can strip them of their titles.

You can read more here, and here

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/29/2017 4:42:36 PM #13

Posted By Corin at 7:57 PM - Mon Jul 17 2017

Higher ups cannot strip you of your title without reason. you need to have betrayed them in some way (such as joining a coup or not defending them against a coup).

If other counts attack you without a casus belli, then the higher ups can strip them of their titles.

Still find it extremely unsatisfying that there is no guarantee (as I interpret it) to not lose your purchased digital items. It just seems that If I lose my Count title I also lose all my land in the county and all my player housing, a risk far too great for me.

7/30/2017 12:39:03 AM #14

Posted By Aspiro at 11:42 AM - Sat Jul 29 2017

Posted By Corin at 7:57 PM - Mon Jul 17 2017

Still find it extremely unsatisfying that there is no guarantee (as I interpret it) to not lose your purchased digital items. It just seems that If I lose my Count title I also lose all my land in the county and all my player housing, a risk far too great for me.

If you lose your count title you would lose the counts manor\villa (or mayors house). Because those houses belong to the title itself and not the person.

But you wuld not automatically lose any of the other land, homes, ect that is owned by your character as those are independant of your title.

Being stripped of your title is no easy task please read the links quotes earlier on the thread.

But as a note caspian the ceo of sbs has said. The question isnt whether or not you would lose your title. The question is how long will you hold on to it.

It will be highly highly unlikely that someone holds there title for the entire 10 yr real world time span the game is supposed to last