COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
CDG and beasts

My understanding is that PCs will be able to determine if they stop at incapacitating you and the full CDG:

Will

1) NPCs

and/or

2) Beasts

distinguish between incapacitating and CDG?

5/22/2017 8:33:36 PM #1

Petroguins can send you to the astral plane so yes animals can send you to the astral plane and so can NPCs

Source

5/22/2017 9:04:14 PM #2

If i remember right, Caspian once said that animals won't CDG, but "monsters" or evil beings will.

5/22/2017 9:09:13 PM #3

And we're all eagring for that permadeath boss.

5/22/2017 9:10:36 PM #4

(I would love developer confirmation)

What I'm getting is that it will depend on "aggressiveness"? Highly aggressive/dangerous beast and NPCs will, but not all beast and NPCs?

If there is more information I've missed in a journal or something please provide a link. I've scanned through them all and didn't see anything specific to this.

5/23/2017 12:31:12 AM #5

My dog is going to be my soul mate, my soul will go into him when i die, i will be able to gather the scent of people that are vulnerable and i will cdg any injured people having rough times in the wild.

5/23/2017 12:33:26 AM #6

Have you read djs about dying? Im pretty sure they confirmed this in one of the older q&a videos

5/23/2017 12:39:52 AM #7

Posted By Maulvorn at 4:33 PM - Mon May 22 2017

Petroguins can send you to the astral plane so yes animals can send you to the astral plane and so can NPCs

Posted By Fyreto at 5:04 PM - Mon May 22 2017

If i remember right, Caspian once said that animals won't CDG, but "monsters" or evil beings will.

Pteroguin malevolent spirits confirmed!

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

5/23/2017 12:43:36 AM #8

"In general, most beasts and NPCs will simply incapacitate you, however especially evil humans or creatures may aim to kill."

I'll have to go through Q&A video, but that is all that is stated about NPCs and creatures. I would consider "especially evil... creatures" to be the kraken, vampire, or that shadowy giant thing in a cave.

As far as "especially evil humans" is that a vampire, or something as simple as a highwayman?

5/23/2017 12:49:31 AM #9

From the way its worded I would say its something as simple as a highwayman. An angry farmer might fight with you but not necessarily kill you but a bandit looking for your valuables and nit wanting you shouting afterwards where he is might kill you. (Though players can go and do that anyways XD)

5/23/2017 12:55:17 AM #10

The reasoning behind this began with a thread considering a player made dungeon a group could charge admission for. I would be curious if you could hire NPCs / tame beasts to protect the dungeon that wouldn't CDG a candidate.

5/23/2017 1:00:46 AM #11

Good job finding my source, i couldn't remember where it come from.

Because it's a subjective matter, and we are not in the devs minds, we can't be sure until we face it.

In my opinion, evil humans comes from criminals.

It would also depends on the background of NPCs. A highwayman, if he became one because he lost his job and can't get money to feed his family, it's unlikely for him to CDG because he's not a bad man in essence.

But if he's a former mercenary or soldier, he could enjoy killing people and will CDG his victims.

5/23/2017 1:06:36 AM #12

Wouldn't it make sense for predators to just eat you?

I can understand some animals mauling in self-defense, but the wilderness should be dangerous as far as getting eaten.

5/23/2017 1:09:46 AM #13

If an animal attacks out of hunger, then yes. If its not out of hunger, it makes sense that an animal would not "kill for sport" meaning that once a threat is neutralized (you're incapacitated) it would run away if you aren't actually in it's "home" or territory.