COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Curious about the payment processor

Just curious, why my total in CAD (Canadian funds) was at least fifteen dollars more than what it should be at current exchange rate. I am wondering who gets the extra money, since it does not say there is an exchange fee added, a transaction fee, simply the total in CAD from USD. 210 became 297, when it should have been at current exchange 283, an extra fifteen dollars that is not explained. Bad enough I have spent enough to be a 1k backer if it counted it in Cad lol.

5/23/2017 1:08:49 AM #1

Xsolla is SBS's payment processor

though i personally dislike their business practices (the recent 'voluntary tip' fiasco being a prime example), it is common for them to charge 'exchange rate and processing fees' in excess of what one would typically expect from a bank etc

sorry to hear you got 'shafted' the extra 5% but nothing extraordinary about any online payment processor doing so

5/23/2017 1:11:35 AM #2

True, in a sense, but at least some I use tell you and many other purchases I do, being Canadian, are all CAD to USD and the vast majority stay within a dollar or two of the base exchange rate, in my many purchases I think this one, my count one and maybe one or two others in my lifetime have not been very close to exchange rate. It is the only reason I posted about it as it was unusual for me, who is used to paying in US funds from Canada.

5/23/2017 1:15:53 AM #3

i agree with you

remember that we are talking here about dealing with a company that without notifying either SBS or the player base, rolled out a default 18% 'voluntary tip' that was automatically added ON TOP of your order total to 'better improve our services and customer experience'

'nuff said :)

5/23/2017 6:15:39 AM #4

Xsolla is using a different exchange rate it seems.

at this moment 1$ = 0.89€ but 30$=28.04€ though xsolla so thats a difference of about (28.04-26.69) 1.40€ which i find acceptable as they already payed the paypal fees (thats more then 1.40)

But a 15 dollar difference thats alot. I guess you could send xsolla (or sbs) a message to explain the receipt in detail and why they are charging 15 dollars on top of normal exchange rates.