COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Win an "Elyrian" Package!

So I wanna test out this "Gift-a-Pledge-Package" thing...but I don't want to contribute to the addiction and delinquency of friends and loved ones to gaming or meta-game politicking.

Lucky for you! Since you're already reading this, I'll indulge your addiction and delinquency!

Those of you who haven't bought a pledge package yet, I'll buy the basic one for you--if you're my favorite entry on this thread.

Write us some fan fiction, or show us some of your art, poetry, essays, game mechanic propositions, mythology, philosophical treatise (or religious, or whatever-have-you.) Elyrian erotica will be considered as well, but better send that in PM. A safer bet may be natural observations of Elyria's unique fauna--what are your imaginings of the behaviors and life cycles of Trisons or Ursaphants or Canis Rabbits, etc. Tell me about the romantic allure of your Elyrian character's career, dwelling, or home realm!

Entertain me! I will publicly flaunt my questionable tastes by selecting a winner in one week...who will receive a paid Level 1 "Elyrian" package!

(Just kidding about the erotica. The winner will be selected from public posts on this thread conforming to Forum Code of Conduct. Anything else you send me is just extra credit.) ;P

Eligible participants are those who haven't yet purchased a pledge package and have that cruddy light brown border around the empty profile pic. Void where prohibited. Ecir Edyah is not affiliated with SBS and does not guarantee or warrantee game release, functionality, or performance in any way. No assurances about my own lack of corruption or refrain from abuse of power can be assumed. EE reserves the right of capricious alteration and/or addition to any or all terms stated here at any time for any reason or (more likely) inexplicable whim.

Like this one, for example....

But Wait! There's More!

Our panel of judges had a great idea...and we're going to keep this party going for as long as we can! Every sponsor who signs up to give away an Elyrian pledge package in this contest thread will judge their own favorite entry whenever they're ready. So there's no end date in sight for eligible submissions. I will keep this OP updated with the list of winners as they are accumulated.

Winner / Award Date / Entry

Accelert0r / May 30, 2017 / Post #38 Little Hane hears the one about the Th'ar

ChroniclesOfCaspian / June 5, 2017 / Post #17 Elyria.mp3

MittenTheKitten / June 17, 2017 / Post #40 Confession of a Fallen Baker

Contest Concluded

...but some really fun creativity is still here for you forum archive treasure hunters to enjoy! ;)

DPBoD2.jpg

5/23/2017 11:56:38 PM #1

Now this is a good raffle and nice community activity! I hope you get plenty of entries!

5/24/2017 12:02:16 AM #2

This is great! Don't know what else to say. Have a up-vote!

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

5/24/2017 12:12:00 AM #3

"There once was a warrior called Barghest. He was the coolest. he killed the big bad dragon and rescued the damsel in distress. The king was so impressed he made Barghest king and everyone had a big slice of dragon pie!"

Let me know when I can collect my prize. :)

But seriously, good idea, I endorse it! Will be good to see what people come up with.

5/24/2017 12:13:10 AM #4

Thank you, gents!

Any other would-be sponsors who want to join in, feel free to sign up on this thread! Each sponsor can pick their own favorite winner! (All us prospective sponsor/judges can coordinate our favorites list so we're not doubling up. It would be very cool if we found the need to get organized!) :D

DPBoD2.jpg

5/24/2017 12:16:33 AM #5

Does your account have to have already been created before May :P

5/24/2017 12:18:52 AM #6

I plan on buying my own pack during this 10% off sale so I don't want to enter and hurt somebody else's chances though I do approve.

5/24/2017 12:23:05 AM #7

Posted By Shrewdcrow at 7:16 PM - Tue May 23 2017

Does your account have to have already been created before May :P

LOL without succumbing to the pitfall of writing paragraphs of rules trying to outwit thousands of exceedingly sharp game enthusiasts...

...I'll just say that I can't promise date of alias--I mean "new member"-- account creation WON'T affect my own personal estimation of "favorite." ;P

DPBoD2.jpg

5/24/2017 12:46:55 AM #8

Posted By all4mario at 7:18 PM - Tue May 23 2017

I plan on buying my own pack during this 10% off sale so I don't want to enter and hurt somebody else's chances though I do approve.

I did the same thing, Mario...I'm a cheapskate and couldn't pass up a $4 dollar savings! ;)

By Jove, I think I hear pencil sharpeners whirring and crayon boxes opening! Can't wait to see what's in store!

Hey Bargh the Coolest, do you think it'd be permissible to sticky the thread for the duration of the contest?

DPBoD2.jpg

5/24/2017 1:09:38 AM #9

Stickied :) Best of luck everyone.

5/24/2017 1:25:52 AM #10

Ill join in as a sponsor for an Elyrian Package.

I'd love to see some unique applications of classic tropes, maybe use tvtropes as a reference.

5/24/2017 1:26:37 AM #11

A bit long, but hope you enjoy.

Day 1

• First day of of Breeder School.
  • This is going to be great.
  • There's this gorgeous girl in my class.
  • I tried to impress her with my taming skills.
  • Accidentally unleashed a horde of Canis Rabbits and they're rampaging throughout the school.
  • Ran out of the school and went straight home.
  • I hope that girl is safe.

Day 2

• Came back to school.
  • The girl isn't in class.
  • I asked the Professor about the girl.
  • He said that the Canis Rabbits got her.
  • I cried.
  • It's all my fault.
  • I went home early.
  • I started contemplating the tragedy I committed.

Day 3

• I decided to go back to school.
  • Time to confess what I did.
  • I might go to jail.
  • I deserve it though.
  • I stepped into class.
  • The girl is there.
  • She's alive.
  • Is she Jesus Christ?
  • I went to the professor and told him WTF.
  • He replied "Just a prank bro. She was just absent. Not dead. Trololol."
  • I started cursing him out.
  • But I felt happy on the inside.
  • She's still alive.
  • I didn't kill her.
  • I decided to man up.
  • I asked the girl out.
  • She said yes.
  • Best day ever.

Day 350

• Chatting with my girlfriend.
  • Having a good time.
  • Three weird man popped up.
  • They were dressed in red.
  • One of them shouted, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
  • They told me my girlfriend was a witch.
  • What's going on?
  • My girlfriend stretched out her hands.
  • The weird men burst into flames.
  • Wow. I never expected my girlfriend to be a witch.
  • But I still love her all the same.
  • We ran off into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

Deathbed

• My girlfriend and I have grown old.
  • But looks like she'll be going ahead of me.
  • I looked into her eyes and asked.
  • "Is there one last thing I can do for you, my love?"
  • She replied:
  • "I need about tree fiddy."
  • And that's when I realized that my girlfriend was actually a 30 foot tall crustacean from the paleolithic era.
  • I didn't give her no tree fiddy.
  • I woke up from this nightmare, drenched in sweat.
  • The end.

5/24/2017 1:33:16 AM #12

See now this is a genius idea, I failed to think of. Well played indeed.

I don't know anymore.

5/24/2017 1:37:07 AM #13

LOL That's a high bar, Reality!!

(I love a good romance. Doctors S. Freud and Geza Roheim may have some personal insights for you regarding your ending. I for one just hear Isaac Hayes songs in my head for some reason....)

Who's gonna beat him? Can it be done?? Can't wait to find out!

Thank you Barghest!! You ARE the Coolest!

Kyxsune, you are six shades of awesome! Hats off to you sir!

That's two (2) winners, folks!

Bring it!

DPBoD2.jpg

5/24/2017 1:42:28 AM #14

I love this, great idea, i had to comment just to bump the thread

5/24/2017 2:01:40 AM #15

You know what? I'll bite. Shameless thread self-promotion go!

I wound up writing a big post about a week back explaining and speculating on the functions and internal workings of the Soulborn Engine, with the goal of getting people thinking about it, or at least getting an idea of what it might mean for them.

One of the FAQ questions is even "I'm confused, I thought you were using the Soulborn Engine". While the answer to that is fine and dandy, it doesn't really answer the question of "What is it to me?"

You can find the thread here:

Soulborn Speculation: The Guts of the Engine

If I had the time to do more research I could probably make a sequel to this thread presenting sensible mathematical models the engine could potentially use, but for now my fuzzy math in that thread will have to do.