COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
A plead about Xsolla

(Wups, I meant to write plea in the title, not plead)

I'm writing this post as a direct consequence of my fourth or fifth incident with them now.

I've been affected by their unprofessionalism multiple times now. The first one was where they helt a few thousand dollar of mine hostage (the transaction never completed and I couldn't get anything done through their support. All they did was send me canned responses. Ultimately I managed to get it back by initiating a chargeback in PayPal after so many threats from Xsolla that my "game account" would get banned if I did.

This isn't the only incident, a few days ago the same happened again but luckily on a smaller amount of only $10,-. My transaction didn't go through because of an internal error on the Xsolla processor, yet my bank account was charged. I immediately contacted Xsolla and they told me the amount was only a reservation wouldn't clear. It did. Once again having to contact support I was promised they initiated a refund and I should have my money back in a few days.

Then there's the "tip" issue not too long ago, while I personally wasn't affected by this it doesn't actually add to my faith in Xsolla.

I understand SBS can't really do a lot about what Xsolla does, and I'm not blaming them for any of this. However, I can do this.

Soulbound, I'm pleading to you, please add alternative payment options that do not use Xsolla. While I really don't like giving ultimatums such as "I'll never buy anything using Xsolla again", all these incidents do make me significantly more hesitant.

If need be, I'll just mail you the money as it has a higher reliability than Xsolla does. Or perhaps a carrier pidgeon.

5/25/2017 2:33:53 PM #1

We should totally reverse engineer the DNA for a carrier pigeon, would probably work out a lot better than those dinosaurs that keep getting out of control.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/25/2017 2:43:37 PM #2

While I personally have had no negative experiences with Xsolla aside from their horrible currency conversion rate, the frequent reports of various issues certainly don't boost my faith in them. As such, I'd love to see more providers as well.

Alt text

5/25/2017 2:49:16 PM #3

My experience with them was them telling me they couldn't process my prepaid Visa payment without the 2FA code that I had to get via my smartphone (I don't own a smartphone) or from my online bank (I don't use online banking). Their CS when I told them that it didn't have access to the code they wanted to send was "well we can't accept the prepaid Visa without the code, so either buy a smartphone or open an online bank account". It's a prepaid Visa, it doesn't need authentication... Plus they accepted payment just fine many months earlier when it was used to but the Ursaphant tier.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/25/2017 2:59:56 PM #4

Posted By Joreel at 10:49 AM - Thu May 25 2017

My experience with them was them telling me they couldn't process my prepaid Visa payment without the 2FA code that I had to get via my smartphone (I don't own a smartphone) or from my online bank (I don't use online banking). Their CS when I told them that it didn't have access to the code they wanted to send was "well we can't accept the prepaid Visa without the code, so either buy a smartphone or open an online bank account". It's a prepaid Visa, it doesn't need authentication... Plus they accepted payment just fine many months earlier when it was used to but the Ursaphant tier.

The only problem I have had with them is this of that code. I had never in my life heard of such a thing before this and I buy tons of stuff on line. I have online banking and a smart phone so all I had to do was figure out how to get the info they sent but to me it was a unneeded step and very archaic. I am sure it's for security but who does this type of thing any more?

5/25/2017 3:03:33 PM #5

Never had problem in 5-6 transactions still I recognize Ikkie is not the first I hear having problems with them.

Duke of Lyrhia

5/25/2017 3:04:52 PM #6

My personal favorite was having to wait for my replacement credit card to come into the mail to add to Paypal because apparently Xsolla can't accept bank fund transfers through Paypal, but they can with debit cards. Even though it's the exact same account!

That's the only issue I've had thus far though.

5/25/2017 4:15:04 PM #7

Posted By Joreel at 4:49 PM - Thu May 25 2017

Yeah, My experience is not too different in a way. They seem to do something wrong with their payment verification. Some of the issues I've had were (I think) directly caused by them not trusting my paypal account. Despite having a fully verified paypal account (which they don't even have themselves).

5/25/2017 5:00:13 PM #8

Actually tried to make a fairly large add-on purchase today only for Xsolla to not process my PayPal payment. Tried a couple times. Oh well.

5/25/2017 7:27:28 PM #9

A tip for those of you with prepaid visa issues:

If you go to mygift.giftcardmall.com and Check Balance/Transactions, the code you need should appear there with a pending charge (which will ultimately disappear and be replaced by the actual charge). The site serves as your 'online bank'

At least that's how it worked for me.

2A4E09

5/25/2017 7:32:48 PM #10

I do love their exchange rates. It's like they feel I wasn't getting screwed hard enough. So they add this bonus of "fuck you" on top of it.

5/25/2017 10:00:08 PM #11

Posted By Slaine at 12:27 PM - Thu May 25 2017

A tip for those of you with prepaid visa issues:

If you go to mygift.giftcardmall.com and Check Balance/Transactions, the code you need should appear there with a pending charge (which will ultimately disappear and be replaced by the actual charge). The site serves as your 'online bank'

At least that's how it worked for me.

I'll have to make note of that for future reference, thx for the info 🤗

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/25/2017 10:29:34 PM #12

I used to work at or own (I forgot which one) XSolla, and to tell you guys the truth, when I was there, the atmosphere was pure greed

I remember one time I got a payment from this guy trying to buy some online admin crap for around 500, and I sneakily made him tip me an extra 500, and my supervisor almost fired me because I didn't sca- I mean get tipped enough

tru story

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

5/25/2017 10:37:30 PM #13

With their exchange rate and extra fees, I ended up paying a little more than $1400 CAD which was something like a hundred dollars more than the worth of the pledge. PayPal blocked any payments and they told me they couldn't bypass the security measures in that regard.

5/25/2017 11:17:52 PM #14

Have tried the payment multiple times now, the most recent charged then immediately refunded. I really do wonder how much money Soulbound has lost due to Xsolla errors. I'm about to give up, not worth the effort.

5/25/2017 11:35:54 PM #15

Not sure why it'd be difficult to add other providers unless SBS made an exclusive deal or something, add stripe or paypal or amazon payments...