COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Trade or giveaways?

Which kingdom, duchy, county, mayor/baron is going to be giving things away? And no, I am not looking for handouts, on the contrary.

As you probably know we can have multiple characters and I am looking to have one character based on trade. Trade is not possible if people get things for free.

(This is also my problem with no starvation in a house near a farm.)

0<em>1463905419826</em>profile banner.png 3F1642

9/21/2017 11:45:10 AM #1

I will give away nothing!

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

9/21/2017 11:47:14 AM #2

Come to my county, and I give you a job for free and you earn money to buy you a house.

How about a free education in every craft you want. All for free if you come to me :)

9/21/2017 12:49:03 PM #3

Posted By Ilyria_Balmore at 1:47 PM - Thu Sep 21 2017

Come to my county, and I give you a job for free and you earn money to buy you a house.

How about a free education in every craft you want. All for free if you come to me :)

Did you even read Cronesters post?

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

9/21/2017 12:57:19 PM #4

Posted By Lofi at 2:49 PM - Thu Sep 21 2017

Yes, he don't want handouts, so? It's bad for business. What's your point?

I give him a free education. An uneducated trader will make very little profit. And every trader starts with nothing, so why not give him a free education? A free start to pick up the business.

9/28/2017 8:35:57 AM #5

Posted By Ilyria at 2:57 PM - Thu Sep 21 2017

Posted By Lofi at 2:49 PM - Thu Sep 21 2017

Yes, he don't want handouts, so? It's bad for business. What's your point?

I give him a free education. An uneducated trader will make very little profit. And every trader starts with nothing, so why not give him a free education? A free start to pick up the business.

To be honest with you; everyone, everywhere will offer stuff in some sort, when people will settle at their place. You are not special in that regard.

Imho, OP is looking for connections of trade.

9/28/2017 9:00:44 AM #6

This topic is going nowhere when we don't know who the OP is. For all I know we might be on different servers, or rivaling kingdom. I'm not gonna trade if I don't even know who he is.

9/28/2017 12:08:22 PM #7

Posted By Crafter at 11:00 AM - Thu Sep 28 2017

This topic is going nowhere when we don't know who the OP is. For all I know we might be on different servers, or rivaling kingdom. I'm not gonna trade if I don't even know who he is.

Posted in General Selene, so most likely in EU server. Different kingdom yes possible. From the Cronester's personal link, it looks like Kingdom of Nirath in the county of Thunormore.

5/21/2018 3:45:18 PM #8

The end is nigh.

VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

5/22/2018 12:04:34 AM #9

Any good mayor will provide for his citizens. After all, the faster you get a new citizen up and running, the faster he can contribute to the growth of the town. For example, I know I'll be providing them with store fronts and tools for their craft.

Brash

5/22/2018 6:04:54 PM #10

Yes, I had planned on making some sort of trade off with the shop keepers in my town, I provide the store for you, you provide me with "insert cool stuff here" After they are up and running, they can then purchase the store from me for a small price. Same with farms, I will have many farms outside of the town, and will only take taxes from the sale of those crops if they are sold outside of my town. Something along those lines. Hard to plan too much when the mechanics are still not completely released.

Baron Neiph Cadfael

5/22/2018 7:35:49 PM #11

Most people will be 'giving' stuff away during Expo in that they'll be building out the infrastructure of their domains.

Continuing to provide free stuff post-launch with no expectation of anything back is a way to collapse your economy and spiral into debt.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/22/2018 7:45:09 PM #12

it kinda sounds like your looking for good competition. my guess would be to find your way to the largest trade hubs after the population centers form and a few become the de facto hubs of trade

5/22/2018 11:16:48 PM #13

Move to my town for free gold, free goods, free people of negotiable affection, free cake. (conditions apply, all offers may or may not include signing away your immortal soul, your first born child, your left kidney, or any other item which management may from time to time deem necessary) ps. cake may or may not be supplied.