COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Tunneling your way into a grave

So the Devs mentioned that your underground labyrinth can be as large as you'd like given you have the required supports in place.

But if you didn't and caused a cave in, would that equate to permadeath just like deep water or lava? While it's not impossible to recover the body, i'll argue it would definitely be difficult to do if you're buried under a ton of dirt and rocks.

UDL

5/31/2017 5:01:00 AM #1

I'd assume being crushed under tons of rubble destroys the body or render retrieval impossible, and therefore revival becomes impossible.

Of course, that depends on what type of cave in it is.

5/31/2017 5:08:03 AM #2

I also wonder if that could cause land deformation, I know the devs said there's no terraforming but if you cause your tunnel to collapse would there be a trench on the surface of where your tunnel once was?

UDL

5/31/2017 5:12:18 AM #3

Posted By Japninja808 at 01:08 AM - Wed May 31 2017

I also wonder if that could cause land deformation, I know the devs said there's no terraforming but if you cause your tunnel to collapse would there be a trench on the surface of where your tunnel once was?

Probably not, both because of how that would effect gameplay (tunnel under a fort then blow the tunnel), and the logistics of the engine (Recognizing what points lie on the fault and realigning the landscape properly with collision). Its unrealistic to expect that level of realism.

5/31/2017 5:21:44 AM #4

Makes sense, thanks for the input.

UDL