COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Incapacitation Duration

As of right now there's no concrete information that I know of that tells you the factors that play a role in how long a character will remain unconscious once KO'd so I'd like to use this time to do some theory-crafting with you all.

These are the factors I think will play a role in how long a character is unconscious:

• The type of weapon used in the assault - For incapacitation, it would make more sense that a blunt object would have you knocked out longer rather than a slashing/piercing weapon.

• The difference between the weapon skill and the armor skill - If you have a higher skill with using your weapon then the enemy has skill with their armor then that could also play a role with how long the incapacitation lasts.

• Location of the incapacitating blow - A hit to the head is traumatizing and would more than likely cause you to become unconscious, same with a solid hit to the chest... but in the case of a leg wound, unless I'm breaking your leg in the process, I don't think a leg wound would have as much of a duration bonus.

• Age of the character - I think we can all agree it would be easier to incapacitate an older folk rather than a young one.

• Strength attribute vs Constitution attribute - from my understanding of stats (I learned them based in relation to tomatoes), if your strength is higher than their constitution then the incapacitation should increase even further.

• Amount of remaining vitality before incapacitation - From what I remember on vitality, it would act somewhat like your stamina bar (please correct me if i'm wrong) where if you were incapacitated at a lower vitality level your incapacitation would last longer.

• Any poisons or environmental effects that could take place - Poisons are pretty straightforward approach to increasing incapacitation duration, but I would think that in climates that are in the extremes of hot and cold (deserts and frozen tundra's) the environment could also impact how long your out.

Also keeping in mind that while unconscious, you'd be able to do a "quick" loot, tie them in bonds, or move the body a short distance (stated in DJ #4) I would think that the time unconscious could last anywhere from 30 seconds to 1:30 seconds, maybe 3 minutes at most.

Given this sounds like a lot of time but 3 minutes out of the 2 hours 45 minute day/night cycle is really quick to come back from being knocked unconscious from a weapon.

So yet again, I turn it over to you community. Tear this apart however you can and let me know what you think... I'm interested to read your thoughts on the matter.

UDL

6/18/2017 10:51:47 AM #1
  • Age of the character - I think we can all agree it would be easier to incapacitate an older folk rather than a young one.

Depends really, if I was playing a grown adult and I hit a kid, I would kinda expect them to go down just as easy.

6/18/2017 1:12:10 PM #2

Posted By CorbieBomanz at 05:51 AM - Sun Jun 18 2017

Depends really, if I was playing a grown adult and I hit a kid, I would kinda expect them to go down just as easy.

Or any adult character that isn't trained for combat really. If you spend your days sitting around working on alchemy you won't have any musculature to support everything and you won't have developed the dense bone structure that someone who works with heavy objects and who gets hit repeatedly would have.

7/2/2017 9:05:30 PM #3

Unless that alchemy helped you build muscle... who's the Elyrian that developed protein powder?

UDL