COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Official Tribe Q&A Question Thread

Dear friends,

Read Caspian's Design Journal on Tribes to learn about how they were developed. Specific details about each of the twelve tribes will be released daily over the next few days as well.

The Q&A will take place on our Twitch.tv channel on Thursday, June 8th at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC. We will be taking questions primarily from this thread. Please don't clutter this thread with discussion, only post your questions or vote up the ones you want to hear answered in the Q&A.

Additional threads will be opened up for the additional Q&As.

Follow these rules when posting questions for the Q&A.

RULES

1. Please limit questions to 1 question per post, so it can be easily up-voted/down-voted
  2. Please limit yourself to 3 posts for a maximum of three questions per community member
  3. Keep your question brief - that makes it easier to read, and quicker to answer
  4. Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to

We hope you'll join us Thursday, June 8th at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC!

Sincerely,

Vye

... ...
6/5/2017 1:06:43 PM #166

Will different tribes have different technological options towards the same ends?

For example, In the real world, various nations developed similar technologies, but often with various national differences and styles.

6/6/2017 2:57:18 AM #167

Is it possible, through breeding, to eventually create a new tribe that shares similarities with its ancestral tribes, but is vastly different on things like body type and inherited traits.

Kingdom of Vornair~~~~ Count Bladehawk of the County Sildoria and the City of Rukia Friend code: 16A8A6

A Legend in its own right.

6/6/2017 2:59:49 AM #168

in DJ #20 you talked about asymmetric balance... will tribes be balanced within a "role" so every tribe can generate excellent melee fighters (with differing fighting styles and armor) or is it a more broad stroke design where it is about the general "usefulness" (for example a tribe being really really strong in melee but useless at range)

6/6/2017 3:11:48 AM #169

will the extend of tribal disposition for certain fighting styles be close to reality(normal physics)?

for example: looking at the height and silhouettes of the Kypiq they should roughly equal 8 year old children (128cm 25,6kg)

Yoru ... well lets say the closest human i can think of would be André the Giant (224cm 240kg)...

if you put both in heavy armor and give them clubs the Kypiq should be basically unable to harm the Yoru (1-2kg of club against ~120 kg of armor) while the Yoru should be able to kill the Kypiq with one hit ( 10-20kg of club against ~12,5 kg of armor)

lets be real... the only thing the armor of the Kypiq is doing in this example is making him slower... in other words a implicit "class" restriction

or will it be more in a standard MMO style of balance so that a Kypiq "knight" is still somewhat viable but has a 10-30% disadvantage against the Yoru "knight"?

i understand that there will be asymmetric balance and there is a chance that lightly armored "rouge" Kypiq may be as good a melee fighter (see my other question) this is more about how viable picking a tribe you like to do something they are really bad at will be

Edit:

since many people had problems with my numbers and there is a new "leak" about changed physical features of the Yoru here some clarification:

i know medieval weapons are lighter (i just went with a really big hammer they could swing)

here the new (and more realistic) numbers:

Yoru according to a leak now are 213cm with 135kg weight so up to 70kg armor and 2-3kg club
Kypiq are still about 122cm with 27kg weight so up to 13 kg armor and ~0,5kg (?) club

it doesn't change anything about the question --and not too much about the situation of that poor Kypiq-- but at least now none else has to spend time and energy correcting me on that ... ^^

6/6/2017 3:55:40 AM #170

Is ownership of a piece of land required in order to construct a road on it? Or can you build a road between two cities regardless.

6/6/2017 4:13:51 AM #171

When are we going to see the write ups for the other eleven tribes?

⛵️❓💰

6/6/2017 5:49:10 AM #172

Other MMOs that have multiple races see a significant percent of players playing one popular race. Will unbalanced player populations of tribes effect the game in a significant way? Will there be a safeguard against 90% of players creating Neran characters?

6/6/2017 6:23:45 AM #173

I'm assuming members of some Tribes will be faster than members of others; how great will this disparity be?

“I don’t even know what that means, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t make any sense."

6/6/2017 10:39:33 AM #174

While the Neran seem to be the closest identifiable to your typical humans Hrothi being a bit more identifiable as a "Dwarfish" race are there any other easy to compare similarities between your tribes and other typical fantasy races? If so What would they be?

6/6/2017 11:09:21 AM #175

I though about correcting some pretty baseless assumptions regarding weight of arms and armor, aswell as ranged combat vs. melee combat, but decided for removing my remarks again. Sorry.

The truth is born in argument

6/6/2017 11:31:21 AM #176

Will tribes listen to different styles of music and if so, how do you as a developer chose which style belongs to which tribe?

6/6/2017 3:25:56 PM #177

Will there be some organization within tribes ?

Like a patriarch and elders (not necessary nobles, but commoners) whose lead the tribe (like in religion) by making laws or rules which applies to all members whatever the Kingdom where they live, and made them able to assemble them to revolt for example, or will it be a more local organization ?

6/6/2017 6:49:19 PM #178

Greetings, Elyrians!

Caspian and the team are hard at work preparing for the upcoming Tribes Q&A on Thursday. As we’ve looked over the tomes and grimoires of information—and with 12 pages of questions already posted in the question thread—we realized that there’s just too much information for a single Q&A!

We also wanted to give you more of a chance to dive into the details of each of the Tribes. You should know by now that Soulbound Studios doesn’t just give surface level information; we give as much detail as we can. In order to really dig into the balance and diversity each Tribe brings to Chronicles of Elyria, we’re going to temper the pace of the write-ups and spend more time on each of the Tribes.

In the immediate, expect to see information on at least the Hrothi and Brudvir on the forums by Wednesday morning, so we can discuss those tribes along with the Neran on Thursday during the Q&A.

Thursday’s Q&A will also set the stage for additional Q&A’s4 in total—covering the tribes in groups of 3-4. As we talk more about Tribes, how they interact with each other, and how they slot into CoE gameplay, we’ll be able to foster a deeper discussion about Tribes moving forward with the knowledge from previous Q&As and without having to barrel through all 12 in a single Q&A session.

You’ll see the new Tribe information drop in the forums on Wednesday; don’t forget to leave us your questions, too! We’ll see you Thursday at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC on Twitch!

Please continue to keep this thread free of discussion, posting only questions for the this Q&A.

Wishing you prosperity and fortune,

Vye

6/6/2017 7:21:25 PM #179

If we have a genetic system where there's sliders and you get traits for each tribe, how will a mixed race person get their tribe attributes, and then will we possibly see a dilution of pure races, meaning it's just one big mixing pot and no tribes will actually exist genetically?

6/6/2017 7:43:48 PM #180

Love it, so smart to focus on a few during each Q&A!

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Question: If you were going to have to morph into one of these tribes irl, which would you choose?

... ...