COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA-East] The City of Delphia

The City of Delphia

Our Statement

Citizens of our city and republic maintain these unalienable rights made evident to us by the gods, to uphold the prosperity and welfare of our citizens, to ensure a democratic and fair process of election, and to establish justice and security for our people, establish this constitution in the name of the Council of Delphia for the people of Delphia.

Our History

As of yet the world is yet to be made and our paths remain unforged. Join us in this journey towards our communal success and prosperity!

About:

Delphia is a city yet to be affiliated with any kingdoms looking for business-minded people who do not wish to be entrapped by politics and nobility. We offer a helping hand in the setup of any young and upcoming businesses looking to engage in naval based trade and production. Entrepreneurs looking to establish business here will be welcome to our many subsidies and services to help one get started and to ensure further expansion abroad. Furthermore, we will uphold the rights of the citizen and all landowners in the city will have the right to vote. Influential people in the city can also vouch for positions in the council, which will be subject to a vote in by other councilors. Their goal is to guide the city in the best way possible to ensure financial success and stability.

Perks:

• Subsidies for businesses headquartered in the city.

• Naval focus for similarly-minded players. Expect a naval school to be established here.

• Official Engineer Corps to build/maintain infrastructure and defenses.

• A focus on commerce, craft, and trade. People from all walks of life welcome.

• Democratic process. As said above we will make it our goal to make sure a proper democracy is made evident for the people, by the people.

Governmental Roles

(subject to change under council jurisdiction)

Council Speaker – Authorizes council to take place and initiates it. Does not vote in normal proceedings but can be a tie breaker. They are subject to veto laws if a law does not have more than 2/3 vote.

Councilor – Local landowners have the option to be voted in to take part of law making and general governance of the city.

Patrician of Naval Affairs – Directs expansion of the navy and is also tasked with exploration and anti-piracy measures.

Patrician of Treasury – Plans the budget for the government to be able to run administrative duties of the city. Also responsible for the projects of the Engineer Corps.

Patrician of Education – Will oversee state universities and ensures that we maintain an educated populace. Controls and plans expansion of education facilities.

Patrician of Public Works - TBD

Diplomatic Corps – Agents of the state who are responsible for fostering good relations and healthy trade relationships with surrounding kingdoms and cities.

Guild master – Ensure that local laws are upheld in guilds that operate here and ensures that regulations are followed.

Captain of the Militia – Responsible for local defense and training of militiamen and guardsmen.

Government Focuses (Early years and more)

Anyone who is interested in the founding of this city will be part of a list I make below in a second post. As for what roles people will play in the development of the city I can explain in one simple sentence. There will be no roles for players to do other than what they want to do. Although that may be somewhat chaotic in the initial stages of settling a city or building one up. It allows the economy to be setup faster and ensures that our goal as a powerful economic force can be met faster. It also maintains healthy competition and spread into multiple fields for the populace which I believe is a good thing. It helps keep the economy vitalized as multiple people can transform to meet the local needs of the economy. As we develop more as a town and build up our defenses, we will take a more proactive response in defense of Delphia and ensure that we have many defenses to deter bandits and ruffians. It is at this point that we can consider taking a larger role in our navy which will be the lifeblood of this city. We will use our naval fortitude to open and more importantly, protect trade routes near and far as we ensure that our goods can get from one place to another. For companies willing to invest in the city we will offer subsidies and beneficial tariffs to maintain a flow of commodities.

6/1/2017 6:30:33 PM #1

In Summary:

We are looking for anyone who endeavors to be a merchant, shipwright, craftsman, or anyone else who aspires to be in a naval field of expertise. If this doesn't fit you, don't worry, there is more than enough room for any other ideas you have in store! Adjustmants can and will be made to ensure that your business can succeed and flourish and we welcome all who wish to do so access to our port. Pledges of membership can be made below and members who join early can get a say in the future civil contract (constitution) of the city of Delphia!

Make sure to contact us through discord or through PMing me if you are interested!

Pledges:

Cakeboy | Beauvais

Lordfail | Mandijay2012

Seemoreth | Tallbird

6/1/2017 6:30:50 PM #2

Reserved

6/3/2017 5:17:35 PM #3

Nice post! But I believe it's in the wrong spot. This should be in the "Luna Domains".

6/6/2017 4:18:01 PM #4

Sorry about that. I just updated the thread so it's in the right location now. Is there perhaps a way I could get a mod to lock the thread?

6/6/2017 4:29:55 PM #5

Posted By Personman00 at 12:18 PM - Tue Jun 06 2017

Sorry about that. I just updated the thread so it's in the right location now. Is there perhaps a way I could get a mod to lock the thread?

Message Flashman or another Mod or put a post in the tech support thread for a move request :D

Friend Code: 1BD8F6