COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
No Credit for gifting using Friend Code???

I gifted my friend a package then he upgraded the package before June 1, 2017. I did not seem to receive any credit for it. Is there something more to be completed????

Thank you.

Server: NA-E(Bordweall->Tenebrae->Stenskjold Hold) - Profession: Miner/Metal Smith - Friend Code: 10831A

6/5/2017 5:24:40 PM #1

Hello? Does anyone read these posts?

Server: NA-E(Bordweall->Tenebrae->Stenskjold Hold) - Profession: Miner/Metal Smith - Friend Code: 10831A

6/5/2017 5:27:54 PM #2

The person who spends the money gets the influence credit. So you should have received an Influence bump for the initial package (10 x $$ spent). Your friend would get the Influence bump for the cost of the upgrade.

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

6/5/2017 5:28:16 PM #3

Are you talking about referral rewards? Not entirely sure but I think they need to purchase the initial package to count... or maybe when they spend a certain amount?

6/5/2017 5:51:23 PM #4

You only get store credit for a referral if your friend bought the game on their account. You will keep the influence from the purchase.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/5/2017 5:59:11 PM #5

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 8:51 PM - Mon Jun 05 2017

You only get store credit for a referral if your friend bought the game on their account. You will keep the influence from the purchase.

I would say that's wrong (not you're wrong but system is).

From a A Note on Influence Points

we award IP for various activities which we believe influences the success of the game. Some of these activities include:

Inviting other paying/contributing members to the community

If he would just gift a pledge there wouldn't be a problem, but his friend upgraded (paid himself) the pledge so OP should get bonus from referral. (Unless there's a certain amount a person need to spend to get referral bonus.)

Or maybe I'm wrong in this case shrugs , but that's how I see it.

6/5/2017 6:04:13 PM #6

For some reason, I missed that he said his friend upgraded. I don't think I've seen a statement either way regarding that particular situation. Out of curiosity, did he spend more than $40? That's what the basic package costs, so I believe it is the baseline for referral credit.

Also, I think you will get a quicker response emailing: [email protected]. Be aware that it might still take a few business days for someone to get back to you. SBS is a small company whose employees work Mon-Fri.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/7/2017 4:58:40 PM #7

My friend spent less than $40 to upgrade.

6/7/2017 5:21:20 PM #8

I don't know if you get credit if your friend hasn't spent more than $40 on the game. You'd have to email support. Although, i seem to have forgotten the most important question. Are you sure your friend remembered to use your friend code when they made their account? If they didn't it won't matter what you've gifted them or how much they've spent, you'll be out of luck.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/7/2017 6:20:34 PM #9

He said he did. I email him and told him to copy and paste it.

6/7/2017 6:48:25 PM #10

Your friends account has to reach at least 350 total influence which means he needs to use at least $35 on the upgrade.