COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-E County] Shire of Lilicia

Kingdom: Vornair

Duchy: The Rhynelands

County: The Shire of Lilicia

History of Lilicia:

The Shire of Lilacia occupies land that was once the heart of the ancient petty Kingdom of Hedgemark. The king of this small territory, Halfdan, ruled for years but never married or produced an heir. Legend has it, as a young man he became lost while hunting in one of the great forests of the region and came upon a beautiful dryad named Lilacia with whom he fell madly in love at first sight. The King attempted repeatedly to woo her, bringing gifts, flowers, wandering and guarding her forest often to the exclusion of his other duties. As this went on without any sign of her returning his favor his subjects began to see him as aloof and weak in his unrequited love and they began to grumble and whisper in their dark corners until eventually a warrior rose up to challenge him. Gathering a force and moving first to set the dryad's forest on fire to draw him out. When the king did arrive with his guard he found an overwhelming force arrayed remove him from his crown and his head from his shoulders.

Finally, wounded in the exchange the king's guard ushered him back into the woods and, through some strange miracle, the beasts and wild creatures came forth to bite, trample and maul the usurpers into submission and halted their attack on the king and on the forest. It is said, that Lilicia herself finally emerged to accept the wounded king, her kiss healing his wounds but also binding him to the woods and his mythical lover, and the two disappeared deep into the forest never to be seen again. The small kingdom faded into obscurity as the remaining warriors were routed by the wrath of nature and only peasants and small villages remaining to farm and eek out a meager existence, though the tales of the ancient king and his love continued to be passed down through the generations.

In the long years hence, the county has seen many rulers come and go, until finally taken up as a part of the duchy of the Rhynelands, and under the banner of the king of Vornair himself. And though the kings of old are but a distant memory, the county has taken its old legends to heart and kept the story alive through tradition, each year holding a week-long festival to the power of love. The leaders of the county and distinguished guests returning to the very glade purported to have belonged to the dryad herself, planting new trees and laying wreathes and flowers in honor of Halfdan and Lilicia's unlikely but enduring love.

About the Count:

I am a long time online gamer and tabletop roleplayer looking for a deep and interesting gameplay experience. My favorite online game so far was Star Wars Galaxies with it's rich crafting system and very open player creation, at least before it got ruined. But playing other games have mostly gotten boring with their rinse and repeat style of gameplay, week after week doing the same things, so I am greatly attacted to this world where everything is driven by players interaction with the world and a story system designed to keep things interesting over a continual 10 year story. I couldn't resist the chance to help build a small part of this world myself and so bought a county pledge and now I'd like to find others who are looking to build something fun and successful with me.

The Council of Elders:

The council of elders decides matters of law of overall strategy for the development of the county, trade, and any other matters of county business. It consists of the following-

Count Dekul Runo- Presides over the council and is the nobleman whose house is ultimately responsible for the successful administration of the county. Also acts as judge for the most serious matters of criminal law in the county such as treason and sedition.

Chancellor (TBD)- Presiding judge of the chancery court handling disputes of contract and civil matters among the county's citizens. Advises the council in matters of law, contracts and treaties. And liason to the kingdom's office of the Justicar.

Sherriff (TBD)- In charge of defending the county's citizens and enforcing county and duchy law. Appoints justices of the peace. Coordinates with the guard of each mayor to aid in the common defense of the county. Responsible for enforcement of taxes and evictions.

Magister (TBD)- Adviser to the council in matters of history, research, learning and accounting, and acts as treasurer for the county and may sign official contracts in absence of the count. Responsible for investigating any problems in the county registers.

Barons- Though pledged to the duke (who also happens to be the king), the barons of the county have a vested interest in its development and have an important voice in the county council.

Mayors- As leaders of the various settlements in the county mayors bring the perspective of the people and organizations to the council and help find ways to improve the success of everyone in the county.

Village Elders- (Seat but not vote) As with mayors, the elders of unincorporated towns are welcome to bring the voice of their people, but will not receive voting rights on county business until their settlements are registered towns and they become mayor.

Job Board:

Currently looking for all levels, this county is recently formed and in need of mayors, council members, merchants, soldiers and citizens alike.

County Focus:

Just like any county, trade, agriculture and a healthy economy are primary needs and everyone's success is the primary goal, however the county is also steeped in its own legend and so the count intends to strive to preserve the natural beauty of the county, attract artists, artisans and makers of luxury goods, and provide generous accommodation to attract the wealthy and powerful from across the continent to experience our legendary festivals and romantic atmosphere, and to stimulate our economy while they are here. We are likely to be centrally located in the kingdom so defense against outside threats may not be a primary task but defense of the population against banditry and other forms of danger will always be important as well as a local garrison maintained by the baron or barons to answer the needs of the king.

Taxes:

Above all I strive to be fair and generous when it comes to tax policies. Obviously the county has commitments to the duke and kingdom to maintain, and the rest will be spent primarily to assist my mayors and vassals become as prosperous as possible through developing infrastructure, trade, and partnerships designed to help you succeed. Of course I want to have a rich and prosperous county but that means making my subjects rich and prosperous in the process, a rising tide lifts all boats.

Laws:

Primarily the county will follow suit to the laws of the Kingdom of Vornair and the Duchy of the Rhynelands. Additional laws will be discussed and voted upon by the council of elders. Once a year the county shall host week-long festival dedicated to the season of love and the history our county namesake. Shorter monthly festivals will also be held if county funds permit.

6/5/2017 12:24:33 AM #1

Reserved

7/20/2017 11:48:03 PM #2

Going to be epic!