COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Gaming Guilds and Families

I am trying to ascertain if it is preferable, or even possible, for a gaming guild to start as a family.

I'm not entirely clear on how organizations are supposed to work, or whether families are a viable method of associating people.

Let's say you are a member of a gaming guild, have been recruiting actively, hitting up friends, etc. and on day one you will be launching the game with 100 people. How would you associate those people in game? Clearly you cannot be a parent with 100 children. You could create a town and have them all be residents, but suppose at least a couple of those 100 people purchase Mayor packages as well?

Does anyone have a firm understanding of the in-game mechanic for affiliating large groups of people? And if it is "organizations" does anyone have a bit more in depth description of how that actually works?

Thanks

Count of Infernal-Duchy of Drescuri-Kingdom of Riftwood

Leader of Infernal Gamers (www.infernalgamers.com)

Friend Code- 9CF4E2

6/9/2017 1:15:47 AM #1

I doubt you will be able to have a single family with 100 members at launch, but eventually if you work at it sure after a few generations... or just roleplay the various families as part of the same clan or dynasty

7/19/2017 3:41:04 AM #2

I guess you could all sign a contract that would make your organization/guild a "sisterhood/brotherhood" so you'll in effect become a family of sorts. Although that does leave you fairly open to inheritance issues. Perhaps a contract of Clanship can be devised to show your loyalties but keep your belongings separate.

7/19/2017 4:03:48 AM #3

I would just start a waerd settlement...Their tribe is pretty much one big family and playing with a bunch of people you trust make the waerd actually worth it.

You can read up on waerd there if that sounds like something that would suit you guys.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/20827/official-tribes-the-waerd

7/19/2017 6:23:37 AM #4

Actually, a settlement in CoE is what a guild is in other MMOs.

12/12/2017 7:22:43 PM #5

The devs have said that families in Elyria are actually like guilds in other games. A family is supposed to be your networking and support system in the game. You're also able to spirit walk to your family members, you cannot be tricked with disguises, you can talk to them anywhere as long as they're on the same continent.

I think it would make a very transparent guild, and very successful. You would just have to invite people slowly to build it up.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest