COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Gaming Guilds and Families

I am trying to ascertain if it is preferable, or even possible, for a gaming guild to start as a family.

I'm not entirely clear on how organizations are supposed to work, or whether families are a viable method of associating people.

Let's say you are a member of a gaming guild, have been recruiting actively, hitting up friends, etc. and on day one you will be launching the game with 100 people. How would you associate those people in game? Clearly you cannot be a parent with 100 children. You could create a town and have them all be residents, but suppose at least a couple of those 100 people purchase Mayor packages as well?

Does anyone have a firm understanding of the in-game mechanic for affiliating large groups of people? And if it is "organizations" does anyone have a bit more in depth description of how that actually works?

Thanks

Count of Infernal-Duchy of Drescuri-Kingdom of Riftwood

Leader of Infernal Gamers (www.infernalgamers.com)

Friend Code- 9CF4E2

6/6/2017 5:33:33 PM #1

Bite my tongue

Let get to work. These are my views.

• Most mayors will rule over Villages. Villages will start with 25 NPC that players can take over.

• In the event that a village does not have enough NPC for all of the members of a guild to take over, then some of the members of the guild will have to start in other settlements.

• If another member of your guild was to purchase a mayor package, he can merge it to your settlement, and thereby increase your settlement's starting land size by 9 parcels, starting npc population by 25 Citizens, and 9 parcel worth of buildings (Although these buildings are probably owned by the 25 new NPC Citizens that popped up in your settlement). This merge means that your settlement will now be able to accept more people from your guild at the beginning and they won't have to start in other mayor's settlements and take away their citizens (Since your guildies will probably run off from their settlement and join yours)

• How does a guild from other games migrate into this game? You can probably consider guilds from other game as a settlement in this game. Since guild in this game is more of a "Blacksmith guild" sort of thing. You would be a settlement, while the settlement would then branch into guilds of different professions.

• And no, you probably can't all start as part of the same family. The starting families won't have enough children to allow you to do that. It's eventually possible by all marrying to one another throughout the generations.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

6/6/2017 5:47:04 PM #2

People will be affiliated through families, domains, guilds, schools, and associations.

Unless all of your members want a specific profession, your best bet will probably be to choose a county to live in, then encourage your players to forge connections in smaller groups by playing as family members. If the servers start with 100,000-200,000 characters, your entire group should fit into a single county. Since the game world will be quite large, the best choice to encourage regular interaction will be physical proximity. Control of a county will also let you set some of your own laws, and give you a sense of shared identity within the game. Even if no one from your guild starts out with a count package, it shouldn't be too hard to take over a county in which the bulk of the population supports the power shift. Having at leas one mayor, and choosing a county with an NPC count will make things easier.

There will be strong incentives for friends to join the game as members of the same family. These advantages are listed on the family page on the wiki. https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Families

Guilds and schools will be based around specific professions, guilds with a focus on production and profit, schools with a focus on research and education.

Associations is a catchall term for player created organizations.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/6/2017 6:00:58 PM #3

I heard Caspian say if you share family code you can start in same settlement.

Guilds would be harder and you would need to travel to settlement if not part of the family.

Make everyone part of the family not sure if they have limits on cap using family code.

6/6/2017 6:06:14 PM #4

I would think that could be part of the fun or at least a lucrative opportunity.

Yes, only a few can start out in the same family. However, say a guild leader sets up their guild in game and tells everyone to join them. That leader now has influence over/a relationship with all the various members' families and therefore the different areas the members come from/reside in.

- CoE Thread - Website -

Family first, money second. Unless they cause the loss of too much money...