COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Why I choose BORDWEAL !

Because the largest and most organised and most promising counties and people in them from all my month of interaction, was with Bordweal. I left all the other servers, i said goodbye to the other Kings I spoke to, and took my place under Count Shady, whom is more then worthy to have our support as a Count, and our Duke 'Stoddart, and King Dleatherus.

The people are friendly and welcoming, and I am constantly surprised by how welcoming they are and how helpful.

in all honesty, I might have been trolled once of twice in the last month, but 99% of the time, people take you seriously and give legitimate help and replies, and take part as mature adults should.

Thats why I stayed, and have such high regard for Bordweal. It's not just a coincidence you keeping hearing about our country. Maybe we were not the largest initially, but I think we are now, because not only of the retention but how the grand plans of war and take overs have been discussed in large in full detail (better than expected), why would you want to stand against them and be crushed ?

We even have places that will be quiet, and not involved in wars or take over strategy, and I like that they have a plan for that too. Anyways just wanted to share my thoughts.

Some of us are just geeks giving it our all and having the time of our life with roleplay at this point too, which is so awesome, I never knew I would anticiate a game so much ! Thank you the community of Bordweal!

-James.Wood, aka Baron Azmodeth of Mount Umbra

6/8/2017 1:43:27 AM #1

I was expecting some acute parody of the other thread, not a sincere outpouring of the heart.

Gosh darn it just take my upvote.

6/8/2017 1:47:15 AM #2

Shady is great dude, bit shady but that is part of his charm :)

6/8/2017 5:30:00 AM #3

Posted By Kyxsune at 9:43 PM - Wed Jun 07 2017

I was expecting some acute parody of the other thread, not a sincere outpouring of the heart.

Gosh darn it just take my upvote.

lol thanks, yeah no I wanted to sincerely speak my mind. I was originally going with a Polish group and then switched to a EU group and I spent time asking good questions and sorting out my options. Some great help from the guys on the EU server too, like we threw up a whole reddit post and did a Q/A with the king and dukes, and they replied in kind and even did it live on twitch and youtube, but ultimately I found myself more drawn to the personalities in NA server of Bordweall.

To be honest - I avoided them like the plague initially ! I was like this mind set " UGH, probably the largest and full of trolls and younger peeps who are not serious etc.." I was so wrong. Shamefully wrong, I admit - you guys have my sincere apologies for assigning that horribad stereotype!

I was wrong and they won me over, by just being helpful, and not joking all the time, taking everything I said or asked serious with no question being asked too many times or being too stupid. That is NOT my experience with NA players on other servers for other games. which draws me to another conclusion, i think might have made a better thread, IMO: This game doesn;t attract many trolls, least not so far.

The internet age we live in is dawned with them like a Zed plague on day 28... but not this game, or from what I have seen, NOT Bordweall - albeit against what I initially would have guessed. To me, if I am going to spend 500USD on a game and give it thousands of my hours for an iterative narrative and sharing experience with friends and family while I make close friends with new people I play with everyday - I do not want to them be a bunch of jerks or asses, or always joking. Let us get comfortable with how we know eachother over the long run then have higher quality fun and jokes and laughs then. Which is what brings me to the County of Shade.

The county of Shade has Count Shady, whom of which is infamous on our server and in our Kingdom, the guy has 5-6 counties as it is, and we have this over arching grand theme of a plan and strategy on how we're going to do it. We have delegation and have many times the right man(or woman) for every job or role, and yet still so inviting and theres more room to grow then we can even dream of.

You want to be someone important and meaning ful, shit we got people promising to give major titles away, not me, im happy with what I got, but seriously, we have extra land to spare, we have guilds with multiple dozens of tokens, heck even me, at the bottom of participation, I received 6 tokens for my town. Like thank you everyone who donated to help me and my small village dream, haha !We have our own contests too...which brings me to more points I'd love to share.Kingdom wide token contest.

because Dleatherus is such a fine king for our kingdom, ( may he live long and rule us properly! )and we have so many generous people helping eachother, he deemed it fair to hold a private contest for the kingdom alone, to give back to those who took a chance and supported thier mayors and guild leaders, by throwing our own contest where special first second and third prizes or who knows what will be given out, and then people started giving donations of prizes... LOL.

Seriously, it's as if half the kindgom is canadian or something, and just generously forking over maple syrup and pancakes at the border, saying "come celebrate with us!" because thats how it feels - like the perfect sunday get together for maplesyrup and pancakes with friends and family. You tell me what tops that !? (because I will go there and say forget this game.. lol... j/k...)

So some of those people who donated tokens to my cause, and im like one of the lesser active people of no note really, might even win a prizes. I think there were more prizes then token holders, because soo many people offered rewards, its as if the real contest was how many things can we donate and offer, as if the world depended on it.

one of my favorites is a special night with a local lord or duke, hahahah, shit just reading it would make my day. So much fun here guys. if you are somewhere else, you just might be doing it wrong, but I defend your right to explore and find whats best for you - pretty much all the servers had great kingdoms, i just found the one that resonated with me, personally, the very best and I'm not going anywhere.

6/8/2017 5:31:45 AM #4

Posted By Mythos Cardan at 9:47 PM - Wed Jun 07 2017

Shady is great dude, bit shady but that is part of his charm :)

haha friggin love Shady, he's awesome ! The guys spends like every moment helping new comers, and asks for nothing, couldn't even find a hidden motif in there. If we could elect someone for a VIP or MVP role for the community, he would definitely be a running candidate if not an outright leaderboard top 5 for sure.

6/8/2017 5:48:18 AM #5

I applaud you for this post, a true, honest, humbled review of your experiences leading up to your choice in Domain. This people of Elyria is what the pre-game is all about. Find a group of people that you want to play a video game with and never let go! Bravo to you Azmodeth, Bravo to Mount Umbra!

6/8/2017 6:17:15 AM #6

Wow this was actually pretty bad, and cringey

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

6/8/2017 6:21:31 AM #7

Yep yep... very good read, I know the feels. It is really nice when you find a place you can call home.

6/8/2017 7:29:15 AM #8

FeelsGoodMan

Alt text - can be left blank

6/8/2017 2:39:42 PM #9

Home for me too.. I just don't like to type all that .. fun folks inforative and plans..

6/9/2017 3:41:26 AM #10

Posted By Myrlin98 at 10:39 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Home for me too.. I just don't like to type all that .. fun folks inforative and plans..

yeah i would have like to say that myself, but "meh, I'm lazy haha !"

6/9/2017 3:48:17 AM #11

Posted By CountLark at 01:48 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

I applaud you for this post, a true, honest, humbled review of your experiences leading up to your choice in Domain. This people of Elyria is what the pre-game is all about. Find a group of people that you want to play a video game with and never let go! Bravo to you Azmodeth, Bravo to Mount Umbra!

Thank you. I didn't think it was fair to have someone troll the Luna section with why they left, when an honest opinion, of why someone like me, who tried other places, stayed. I literally skipped over choosing NA-E completely, but the community won me over. The other guy, though, is sort of the reason why I skipped over it at first, you know the person whom wishes to say why they left, but breaks it down to an RP troll post or soemthing I do not quite understand personally, no offence to him or anyone else.

however - the benefits outweigh it all, and I like the fact we are so well rounded we can almost celebrate the clowns that do arise, making it even MORE diverse. Its also like, all publicity is good publicity, because people will see for their selves when they come here and take a gander.

7/7/2017 6:13:48 PM #12

Feel free to add your own experience on why you choose whatever server or kingdom, doesn;t have to be specifically why "Bordweall"

7/7/2017 8:59:49 PM #13

Posted By Azmodeth at 2:13 PM - Fri Jul 07 2017

Feel free to add your own experience on why you choose whatever server or kingdom, doesn;t have to be specifically why "Bordweall"

Well to bad, I simply joined Bordweall (more specifically Shady's county) because he was the only one who could deal with my shenanigans and terrible questions I have at least once a day.

Kingdom: Alesia
Duchy: Rhyddid
County: Draken's Landing
Settlement: Drakenshire

8/26/2017 2:10:09 AM #14

This is a sweet and heart warming post. We are all very happy to have you in Bordweall and hope to see you when the game begins.

I myself feels extremely welcome in Bordweall, as a very passive supporting guild, my organization needed a very self supporting and cooperative kingdom. I feel like everyone wants to help everyone else get ahead so that we all succeed rather than one group ignoring everyone in the effort to be at the top. Bordweall is a kingdom which thrives off a sense of teamwork.

Blessings onto you~

10/30/2017 8:57:16 PM #15

Posted By Rovert at 4:59 PM - Fri Jul 07 2017

Posted By Azmodeth at 2:13 PM - Fri Jul 07 2017

Well to bad, I simply joined Bordweall (more specifically Shady's county) because he was the only one who could deal with my shenanigans and terrible questions I have at least once a day.

Are you a Count title holder, one of the many we have in the Grand County of Shade ? (just curious, do not think we spoke, and I'm always around in the discord..really need more presence on the forums :P)