COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Brudvir Shaman Staff, The Staff of Souls [fanart]

A few young Brudvir youths, selected for their strong connection to the others of their tribe and to the animals around them, gather around the Shaman of their pack.

The Shaman sits on a small white stool, smooth and gleaming in the firelight, every piece of the stool is made from the bones of a mighty Dryas Elk. “Tonight, you shall get a story unlike those you have ever heard.” The Shaman says, squinting and grinning, his large canines reflecting the glow of the flames.

The children, silent and wide eyed, move in closer to the wise wolf.

“The ancient boreal forest is not only the home of our pack but is also the protector of many lost secrets within its icy pine and spruce trees. Shaman within Brudvir packs tell stories such as this to the young pups of their settlements, stories of many ancient and mysterious powers that wait to be woken by one that is strong enough to wield their power.”

The Shaman pauses to show them a simple drawing. It depicts a large wooden staff, at its top is a massive set of antlers that hold a squirrel skull in between them. Colored leather decorates the shaft, along with a small pouch, several large claws, and even a Flower-Cup Porcupine’s flowered quills.

“One such item, lost long ago by one of our very own Brudvir Alphas, was the Staff of Spirits. Accounts differ, some call it by other names, others say it was a gift from descendents long past, but one account never changes. The staff allows its wielder to commune with the souls of the fallen and the lost. A child of the wolf who is strong enough to accept its burden, of which not even the wisest shaman knows, can truly use the staff to its fullest potential.”

The pups giggle at the old shaman, “Why would anyone want to use such an item?”

The shaman smiles at the pups, deep wrinkles crease around his eyes making him look even older than he truly is. “Why indeed, a question that has no answer. Now run along, I will see you all tomorrow for another story.”

--Story closes--

I hope you liked my fanart and a bit of backstory on it! ;-)

6/11/2017 3:54:17 AM #1

Very nice :)

Friend Code: B8ADDD

6/11/2017 3:59:49 AM #2

I think we would all agree that you should replace whatever people at SbS will be designing the relics and artifacts. This here is some great work.

...no offence to our wonderful developers.

6/11/2017 4:17:09 AM #3

very nice indeed

6/11/2017 5:42:46 AM #4

Posted By Artsykidd at 11:59 PM - Sat Jun 10 2017

I think we would all agree that you should replace whatever people at SbS will be designing the relics and artifacts. This here is some great work.

Lol aw, that's very kind of you to say! :-)

6/11/2017 7:26:58 AM #5

Posted By Hellmoon at 10:42 PM - Sat Jun 10 2017

Idk about replace but definitly work with. this is some awesome stuff.

6/11/2017 9:14:46 AM #6

Great artwork!

6/11/2017 1:13:17 PM #7

I love this so much! <3

BATTLECAT!

6/11/2017 2:45:13 PM #8

Posted By Zariel at 03:26 AM - Sun Jun 11 2017

Posted By Hellmoon at 10:42 PM - Sat Jun 10 2017

Idk about replace but definitly work with. this is some awesome stuff.

Aw haha, thank you! :)