COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
non-humains race ?

is it possible that we can have non-humain race cause if we are player a role play we must have chalenge ike monster or something like this that maybe people want to be what do you thinks about it

Momonga san

6/12/2017 8:25:21 AM #1

Hiya. As of right now there is 12 confirmed 'Tribes' all being humanoid. SBS has not given a single hint towards non humanoid tribes as of today. However tomorrow is a new day and who knows what they'll come up with.

Ps: Dwarves (Hrothi) and Giants (Yoru) are still humanoids :D

6/16/2017 10:09:51 AM #2

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Vampire

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Lich

closest things to non-human races we're getting.

Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall never be dissapointed.

6/16/2017 10:42:17 AM #3

Posted By Exhibition at 09:25 AM - Mon Jun 12 2017

Hiya. As of right now there is 12 confirmed 'Tribes' all being humanoid. SBS has not given a single hint towards non humanoid tribes as of today. However tomorrow is a new day and who knows what they'll come up with.

Ps: Dwarves (Hrothi) and Giants (Yoru) are still humanoids :D

By "not hinting" you actually mean "they have directly said there won't be any non-human tribes"

All tribes will be tribes of Mann, this was confirmed as recently as the last Q&A, but it has always been said since way back when :D

Posted By edroch at 11:09 AM - Fri Jun 16 2017

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Vampire http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Lich

closest things to non-human races we'll be seeing in CoE.

These aren't races/tribes, they are special traits that may or may not exist in the world, but if they exist, they will most definitely be actual players, and so therefore they will be part of tribes, since players can't be anything but tribes of Mann.

6/16/2017 11:05:12 AM #4

Pretty sure they said all 12 tribes will be "human" however if I recall correctly there was a question if we there were other sentients and it was not denied

6/25/2017 8:54:51 PM #5

And what about realise one day, your hear wasn't a deformity, but you truly one of the last Elven's people in Coe, would be realy nice right ? :)

7/4/2017 10:39:45 PM #6

Am I able to create a Dwarven looking Humanoid?

Edit: Nevermind, I read through the whole thread. Thanks!

"When I do something Good nobody remembers, when I do something Bad nobody forgets"

7/4/2017 11:56:00 PM #7

While 12 seems like a lot (only 8 available at launch), I would LUV to see more that are a surprise when found. I can see (and hope) that we see 8+4+4 after launch and perhaps a few of the surprise ones may be more fantasy related (non humanoid) even though I know they are shooting for a lower to mid fantasy game, one can always hope.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

7/28/2017 12:07:21 PM #8

I imagine we will continue to see more new content throughout the lifespan of CoE, namely because it has a means for continual revenue intake via the life and death cycle. Once someone has played through their initial soul they will hopefully reinvest in a new soul, which will create a constant inflow of money for the studio just like other MMOs that work off of month subscription. As such like other MMOs with monthly subscription we can probably expect fairly regular expansions with new content.

That being said, if CoE follows the path line of past MMORPGs I'm guessing if there are more tribes beyond the 12 already announced at the end of the kickstarter getting access to those races may require the purchase of a special expansion pack for the game itself. Doing it that way would make sense from a development standpoint as it would help fund future features as well as putting a control factor on the newer races to keep everyone who is moving to a new soul from immediately jumping into the new tribes since its new and exciting. As they have said they want approximately even distribution of players across the tribes.

Whether they follow that historic model is just a guess though, CoE is doing a lot of things diffrent from the generic MMORPG mold.