COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Total influence noob questions

So, I've heard that being well known on the forums can give you influence... 1. is it based on likes, similarly to Imgur's points? 2. Or does an admin have to award them? 3. Is it possible to make infinite cycles of two players liking each other? 4. Where are influence points spent? Thanks for any answers.

6/12/2017 5:40:35 PM #1

Its less being well known on the forums, and more contributing to the community.

1-3: We aren't aware about how contributions are converted into IP. This hasn't been detailed.

4: Influence points aren't spent. Instead they determine priority in matters of selection, creations, and eventually design. As an example, someone with 5000 IP would get priority in domain selection to someone with 4500 IP. Though the mechanics for this have yet to be detailed.

6/12/2017 5:40:55 PM #2

No idea where you heard that being liked on the forums would give you anything. The only thing I have heard if you report bugs/give good feedback it would, which not like that is in effect anyway

IP means nothing, well apart if you are a noble. If you can pick first in domain selection, before other nobles of equal rank. It just shows how much you have backed the game. $1 = 10IP. Until they add in other ways to earn it. You can't spend it on anything either. EP you can spend, but naturally that's something different.

6/12/2017 6:04:43 PM #3

In addition to the above comments:

• Each time your Influence increases you earn an equivalent number of Exposition Points. These represent your ability to build and customize the world of Elyria during the three month pre-release period. At low cost in EP you add small things to the world: extra equipment, animals, resources, etc. At higher cost you can add land, buildings or even noble titles. You technically "own" these things at launch, though ownership is a tricky business in Elyria, and a topic for another post entirely.
  • Influence "Points" are semantically incorrect. Your Influence is a score in the rankings on this page. People keep getting Influence and Exposition Points confused because of earlier naming conventions, but they are functionally dissimilar.

6/12/2017 6:46:02 PM #4

Posted By Gunnlang at 1:40 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

I've gotten the answers I needed. Thanks, all.