COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Ep - the Ideal amount needed?

I've been wondering with all the changes and information i havent kept up with due to work mostly i have been wonder roughtly how much EP will be ideal at exposition. is there a recomended mount?

Friend Code: 5C6A1F The Sleeper Must Awaken

6/12/2017 7:36:02 PM #1

It depends on what you want to do. The EP that comes with your package should be sufficient to customize your package at a basic level. If you want additional items, or more rare/higher quality items, you can purchase additional EP. Caspian put out a post on what we can expect to see in the EP store last month. The information is available on the wiki here: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/ExpositionPoints#SpendingEP, which also has links to any posts the Devs have made about EP.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/12/2017 7:51:10 PM #2

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 8:36 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

It depends on what you want to do. The EP that comes with your package should be sufficient to customize your package at a basic level. If you want additional items, or more rare/higher quality items, you can purchase additional EP. Caspian put out a post on what we can expect to see in the EP store last month. The information is available on the wiki here: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/ExpositionPoints#SpendingEP, which also has links to any posts the Devs have made about EP.

The basic levels of EP in packages is just enough to get the kits, but anything more gets you much more room to expand in.

For example I as a Count with 5k EP can afford one of every package a Count can get; that gives me a huge amount of customisation compared to a basic KS count.

Also your link is broken.

6/12/2017 9:12:02 PM #3

Posted By Maulvorn at 8:51 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

The basic levels of EP in packages is just enough to get the kits, but anything more gets you much more room to expand in.

For example I as a Count with 5k EP can afford one of every package a Count can get; that gives me a huge amount of customisation compared to a basic KS count.

Hello my love,

Right I am just a little old Baron and I do currently have 4200 EP, I am going to try and push for 7k within the next couple of months, do you think this is enough for a Baron?

6/12/2017 10:23:06 PM #4

Posted By RagnarokEU at 10:12 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

Hello my love,

Right I am just a little old Baron and I do currently have 4200 EP, I am going to try and push for 7k within the next couple of months, do you think this is enough for a Baron?

More then enough!

6/12/2017 10:28:12 PM #5

Posted By RagnarokEU at 4:12 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

Hello my love,

Definitely more than enough. It's all preference, I am pushing for 25,000 EP as a baron, which many think is obsessive, but that is my preference. I think at 7,000 you will have plenty to do everything you want to do.

P.S. Fixed that link for you above.

6/12/2017 10:28:32 PM #6

How much is enough, depends on what you want to do. I am a Mayor with 4000 EP, I will most likely add some more to use in setting up my town. There is no one good answer. But do not go overboard on spending money if you can't afford it. Remember this is just a game.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

6/12/2017 10:30:58 PM #7

Thanks guys!

6/13/2017 10:07:59 AM #8

Posted By Haegon_Redwyne at 11:28 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

Posted By RagnarokEU at 4:12 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

Hello my love,

Definitely more than enough. It's all preference, I am pushing for 25,000 EP as a baron, which many think is obsessive, but that is my preference. I think at 7,000 you will have plenty to do everything you want to do.

P.S. Fixed that link for you above.

wow that is a lot 25k .. I got 8k now and i am a baronX2 i will buy more as soon i will have a full list and price for Eps

6/13/2017 10:25:19 AM #9

no point in getting loads and loads of EP until you can know exactly what you can spend it on and what effect it will be. Sure we have a small list of things that can be purchased, but it's not a full list and the items on it are vague and generic to cover multiple situations.

Sure get a little more if you know you want to do some extra customisation, but don't go overboard because EP isn't really something you can save after Expo, you'd need to use it all in Expo, but how do you know you can use it all if you don't know what you can spend it on?

6/13/2017 11:10:32 AM #10

Posted By Harlequin Wolff at

I've been wondering with all the changes and information i havent kept up with due to work mostly i have been wonder roughtly how much EP will be ideal at exposition. is there a recomended mount?

all in all the starting EP is More then enough. everything else you add just gives a bonus to Elyria

if you want to spend $10k on EP well thats up to you. but remember you will lose $10k if someone steals your Title/last name/items away and/or kills your pet/mount.

your not adding $10k to your character but towards the story of Elyria, so everything you add, you add for everyone, since you can lose everything in matter for seconds.

What goes up must come down. Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot. If a plan is stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid.

6/13/2017 11:25:59 AM #11

Just as a heads up, you can't purchase All kits. As stated in Caspian's post: These kits are limited to one per type, per account, and are capped by having the relevant titles or tiers.

So for instance a gentry can't have a Profession + Storefront + Land-use kit. They can only have 1 of them. And a Mayor/Baron can't purchase a Settlement Kit and Defense Kit, it's one or the other. But a Count can buy an Infrastructure Kit + Settlement Kit + Land-use Kit because that is just 1 kit from each tier.

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
6/13/2017 11:33:27 AM #12

Posted By RagnarokEU at 6:12 PM - Mon Jun 12 2017

Hello my love,

If you go to the "Ep chart" that Caspian posted some time ago, as someone mentioned before here, you will se that with 5k EP a Duch will have enough to buy castles and military stuff for his entire duchy. So with 7k you can buy a neat castle and a lot of stuff for your settlement!

6/13/2017 11:52:57 AM #13

Said it like this i will not spend more unless is for getting better defence

6/13/2017 12:09:46 PM #14

You can buy a settlement and defence kit; and there will be many types of settlement kits.

6/13/2017 12:19:14 PM #15

Posted By Harlequin Wolff at

Whatever your wallet can afford. All the cash will go to making a better game.

UDL