COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
If you could make an oceanus world event, what would you make?

Just a small start to the General Forums for our fair server!

If you could create a world event that would define an amazing moment in our servers history, what would it be?

would you try to enforce a war between the kingdoms or bring about an enemy the world must unify against?

6/14/2017 12:41:46 AM #1

I would probably have some evil that takes hold of a land that is challenging for players to defeat. The only way to really claim the land back is for particular players to journey and accomplish trials in multiple places and in the end assemble a weapon that is key in defeating them. And/or open a shortcut through defences to get to the evils source. And/or rally npc ally race or connect area/tribe/duchy to area that greatly improves chance of eliminating foes.

6/14/2017 12:57:21 AM #2

I would love to see something earth shaking that will force two or more tribes to come together to defeat the evil. Perhaps resources from a cave needs to be combined with resources from the forests and used to deal with the threat.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

6/14/2017 1:28:48 AM #3

Well, i've no idea of the DE scope; but some of the most common events in fiction that could be used are:

*The spread of a new religion/cult.

*The invasion of a new race, tribe in Elyria.

*One day/night where magic is more powerfull due to whatever

*A plague.

*A ancient monster/evil force wakes up

*Uncontrollable portals being opened across the world

Also, some combinations of these. Hope i've been useful, if that was the case.

6/14/2017 2:08:42 AM #4

chaos incursion

6/16/2017 10:35:43 AM #5

Potato famine.

Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall never be dissapointed.

6/18/2017 6:07:28 AM #6

Posted By edroch at 8:05 PM - Fri Jun 16 2017

Potato famine.

NOOOOO! Not the dreaded potato famine!

6/19/2017 9:57:59 AM #7

Global flooding, changing the whole gameplay to "Water world" movie theme (less techy of course) with man-made floating cities, sailing, underwater exploration :-)

It's dead, Jim.

6/19/2017 9:59:31 AM #8

Posted By edroch at 11:35 AM - Fri Jun 16 2017

Potato famine.

As an Irish person, I am intensely offended

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/19/2017 10:06:43 AM #9

I think that something 'coming out of the seas' would be good, especially apt for Oceanus!

Perhaps some massive groups of sea crocodiles (not sure what a group of crocs are called!) washing up and marching inland, but with fantastic scales and meat attracting hunting parties?

You could even add a sweetener first, like huge shoals of herring to catch before the predators hit!

6/19/2017 12:02:43 PM #10

Posted By edroch at 06:35 AM - Fri Jun 16 2017

Potato famine.

I'm shaking at the thought of your comment.

8/3/2017 3:53:28 PM #11

A creature so fierce, so devastatingly evil, Born of hatred of man for the slaughter of its kin and creatures alike with eyes as red as flames, Teeth Sharpe as a knife through butter and claws that could rip a person in half..........A stealthy night crawler, a tree fiene and a howl that makes children scream, women cower and men sweat with fear.........THE DROP KOAEVILA ! (a cross between a koala bear and Tasmanian devil) lmao could come up with a better name *100 but yeah.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

1/25/2018 1:42:22 PM #12

A valcano or earthquake event would be interesting

The Volcano could make an new island to explore and colinize over genrations of characters

The Earthquake event could be set up to open chasames in the land making it eaiser to delve deeper into the ground at a higher risk that noraml mines (delve too deeply and greedly)

If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat.

They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar.

So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.

1/25/2018 4:54:15 PM #13

The kraken all good mythology has a form of some giant squid

2/26/2018 2:10:54 PM #14

Something similar to a war of the roses would be epic. A king dies without leaving a clear line of succession and a succession war breaks out.