COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Assassin Guilds

Is it only me, or is there not many people creating an assassins type guild?

Don't get me wrong, I have seen some kingdom posts and such and think they are amazing, but I feel like there is not much love to the Assassins Creed. Sounds like a guild for wannabe Ezios I know, but I imagined that with how this game will become the Creed would be created by someone and it would be rather huge.

What is your thoughts on this matter? and am I just being ridiculous?

6/14/2017 9:53:40 AM #1

huh, I feel like there's a lot of assassin and "super secret super serious organizations that are looking for deviants" guilds, I even saw one with AC theme iirc, not sure what server they were on tho.

Regarding topic - it's my opinion and people are free to do what they want, but personally I don't like when people take themes from other games and try to make something in CoE, you can pursue your goal being an assassin and creating a guild, but make in unique and interesting rather just copy/pasting it.

6/14/2017 10:26:29 AM #2

Hi i am sure you will have lots of fun in this game.. risky type of play but could be rewarding

6/14/2017 10:56:13 AM #3

Posted By Dongiovanna at 11:26 AM - Wed Jun 14 2017

Hi i am sure you will have lots of fun in this game.. risky type of play but could be rewarding

I don't plan on being an assassin, I plan on just being someone who does their job whatever it is, probably a hunter or a soldier. It might be a rewarding job if executed correctly, but that all depends on the games mechanics at the end, and if someone would risk it.

6/14/2017 11:07:43 AM #4

You're not being ridiculous at all, but I urge you to look a little closer. There are positively oodles of deviant guilds lurking around the place, and in particular assassin's guilds.

TBQH, I'm sure most of them will collapse within a month of launch, or even during Expo. The deviant lifestyle is one which a lot of people have said they're going to play, but honestly I think a lot of people who have made that declaration won't have the follow-through once they see in-game how difficult it will be to maintain.

/rant hahah

But yes, there are plenty of deviant-style and knife-for-hire style guilds out there, advertising on the forums, for every server.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/14/2017 12:28:26 PM #5

If anything, it's the opposite. There was a point during and after kickstarter that we were overflowing with assassin guilds; I presume they've either found new professions to pursue, realised the massive game time penalty on failure, or are proceeding more subtly instead of overt recruitment posts. :)

6/14/2017 1:09:28 PM #6

Posted By Barghest at 08:28 AM - Wed Jun 14 2017

If anything, it's the opposite. There was a point during and after kickstarter that we were overflowing with assassin guilds; I presume they've either found new professions to pursue, realized the massive game time penalty on failure, or are proceeding more subtly instead of overt recruitment posts. :)

I agree with this post in that those organizations or people who are still thinking of being deviant are quite serious and have well-thought out plans as to how be successful in the play style, despite the penalties.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

8/9/2017 3:28:16 PM #7

Posted By Caelestius at 07:07 AM - Wed Jun 14 2017

You're not being ridiculous at all, but I urge you to look a little closer. There are positively oodles of deviant guilds lurking around the place, and in particular assassin's guilds.

TBQH, I'm sure most of them will collapse within a month of launch, or even during Expo. The deviant lifestyle is one which a lot of people have said they're going to play, but honestly I think a lot of people who have made that declaration won't have the follow-through once they see in-game how difficult it will be to maintain.

/rant hahah

But yes, there are plenty of deviant-style and knife-for-hire style guilds out there, advertising on the forums, for every server.

I would say most of them already have collapsed. I can't seem to even find the guild I initially wanted to join.

The sound of silence is the last thing you will hear.

Friend Code 2E1F69

8/9/2017 3:39:15 PM #8

my town will have deviants, i see it as sort of a secret police. could be an interesting playstyle for people to pick up. feel free to look at my town page if you are interested. (note deviancy will be limited to hunting down pkers and bandit npc's while honing deviant skilltrees.

8/24/2017 3:01:58 AM #9

If anyone is looking for an assassin guild on the EU, click the logo under my name as we may have a group that will interest you 😁

8/24/2017 5:39:17 AM #10

There are "assassin guilds" and assassin guilds...

Backer #12. Friend code: 9B7EDE.

Kypiq mayor of Willowhaven - Crossstone - Whiteraven Rock - Tryggr

Join Whiteraven Rock Discord (https://discord.gg/ppTBAqs)

8/25/2017 9:35:44 AM #11

If you want to be an assassin, you don't want people to know it. All the best ones will be saying that they're merchants.

8/25/2017 10:25:20 AM #12

Posted By CharChar at 05:35 AM - Fri Aug 25 2017

If you want to be an assassin, you don't want people to know it. All the best ones will be saying that they're merchants.

I agree I wouldn't be advertising I am a assassin. I might leave coded messages around and payed off contacts to make sure they are legit customers. I would never met them at all, just in case it was a trap.

Not that I am a deviant player or a assassin.

8/25/2017 10:35:56 AM #13

Posted By Iccubus at 06:25 AM - Fri Aug 25 2017

I agree I wouldn't be advertising I am a assassin. I might leave coded messages around and payed off contacts to make sure they are legit customers. I would never met them at all, just in case it was a trap.

Absolutely. Any assassin worth anything will have a middle man negotiating contracts and collecting pay. Only that individual should have any clue who the assassin is. Definitely shouldn't be advertising via guild.

Alt text - can be left blank

8/28/2017 10:03:07 PM #14

Assasins guild can be great for change the history in the game, i think this is really good.

8/28/2017 10:30:04 PM #15

Posted By Esoba at 05:35 AM - Fri Aug 25 2017

Posted By Iccubus at 06:25 AM - Fri Aug 25 2017

Absolutely. Any assassin worth anything will have a middle man negotiating contracts and collecting pay. Only that individual should have any clue who the assassin is. Definitely shouldn't be advertising via guild.

How absurd. The only interaction between as assassin and his customer should be the sweet embrace of death. there need not be a middle man. If someone wishes death upon someone else, then the assassin will find them. The art of customer relationships is a fragile one. One that cannot be resulted in mediocrity, especially when dealing in death.

Anyone claiming to be an assassin would know this. You kill the middle man afterwards for good measure.

The vivacious tenacity of such an agreement would threaten the fabric of intersocial agreements, to be sure. But thus is the life of an assassin

House BloodBeard - Kill the boy, let the man be born

~~All Hail the Lord of Fire~~