COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
A new Religion

Hey fellow Elyrians,

I searched the Forum for informations about this. But I found nothing specific about this Topic, so I ask you guys. Is it in any way possible to create his own Religion, if you dont like the current ones? Will it be possible that Npc´s, atleast some few, start to believe this too and start to spread this? Or else, will the Enginge take that as part of the Story if it will be big enough?

You need a friend? Use This and we can be friends: 25F92B

6/14/2017 11:47:11 AM #1

The short answer; we don't know. Sorry.

The long answer; we don't know, but be sure to enter your question for the next Q&A, and we'll all find out!

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/14/2017 11:55:51 AM #2

No you can't make a religion but you can make cults that offshoot from a religion though.

6/14/2017 11:59:16 AM #3

Posted By Maulvorn at 12:55 PM - Wed Jun 14 2017

No you can't make a religion but you can make cults that offshoot from a religion though.

Zultra, please don't spread information which has not been dev-confirmed, either in a dev journal or Q&A. Anything else is speculation and is how unfounded rumours start and the information that we do have gets muddied by people quoting false information like that.

6/14/2017 11:59:59 AM #4

As Maulvorn pointed out you can't. The longer answer is, cause the religions being made give you bonuses. So creating anything new, you can, cults and such. They won't have any bonuses to them. No matter how big they become. No idea if they be added something new to the storyline though.

6/14/2017 12:13:41 PM #5

thank you guys for the fast answers. I will definatly ask it in the next Q&A, maybe the Devs will clear that out. :)

You need a friend? Use This and we can be friends: 25F92B

6/14/2017 12:33:48 PM #6

Posted By Caelestius at 06:59 AM - Wed Jun 14 2017

Zultra, please don't spread information which has not been dev-confirmed, either in a dev journal or Q&A. Anything else is speculation and is how unfounded rumours start and the information that we do have gets muddied by people quoting false information like that.

He is not quoting misinformation. Unofficial Compilation of Chronicles of Elyria Q&A - Topic search: Cult

OP: This question has been talked about a few times in the Q&A's but I don't think anything has been posted to the forums.

The dev's will only have mechanics in place for the religions they create. If you would like to create a new religion, go for it! But it will not, mechanically, be anything other than a cult. From a programing stand, it would be difficult to add this type of mechanic. Not impossible though! I'd still say ask it in the next Open Q&A or the Q&A on religion, which I'm sure is coming!

Edit: If the link above is broken (I can't check it at work) try going here and searching the transcripts for "cult". Also... I can't believe I stood up for Zultra! :P (kidding)

Hope it helps...

6/14/2017 12:37:24 PM #7

Posted By PixiePunchPie at 1:33 PM - Wed Jun 14 2017

Posted By Caelestius at 06:59 AM - Wed Jun 14 2017

He is not quoting misinformation. Unofficial Compilation of Chronicles of Elyria Q&A - Topic search: Cult

OP: This question has been talked about a few times in the Q&A's but I don't think anything has been posted to the forums.

The dev's will only have mechanics in place for the religions they create. If you would like to create a new religion, go for it! But it will not, mechanically, be anything other than a cult. From a programing stand, it would be difficult to add this type of mechanic. Not impossible though! I'd still say ask it in the next Open Q&A or the Q&A on religion, which I'm sure is coming!

Ah, my apologies! There was a discussion on this a few weeks ago, in which the conclusion was that there was no solid information on this - that link isn't working for me, but if we have confirmation that it won't be possible, that's wonderful. :)

6/14/2017 1:10:39 PM #8

As far as I am aware this question has been answered before. There will be a mechanic that provides certain bonuses for certain religions when followed. However this mechanic will only be applied to the starter or the main religions. And unless the Devs add this mechanic to more religions, any secondary religion will not receive the bonus. So you can make and play any religion or cult you wish, however you will not receive any bonus for that religion unless the Devs purposefully add the bonus mechanic to the religion.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

6/14/2017 4:00:06 PM #9

So, as the game is pitched as a highly comunity focused product, basicaly your best hope is to gather a huge number of player followers and start asking sbs to implement your religion into the game mechanics after launch, maybe even the rise of your religion being a story arc of the server.

6/14/2017 4:52:19 PM #10

My understanding is that you can roleplay your own religion, but you will not get the in game bonuses attached to religion, nor will you gain NPC followers. The reason for this is because (aside from the fact that it would take additional developer resources to implement player religions), the religions created by the developers are important to the ten year story in some way, and may provide clues to Elyria's history.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/14/2017 4:54:22 PM #11

Posted By Caelestius at 9:59 PM - Wed Jun 14 2017

Zultra, please don't spread information which has not been dev-confirmed, either in a dev journal or Q&A.

This was dev confirmed actually. I made a thread a few months back that SbS responded to. No religion creation, but we can form cults. Not sure if the info's changed/been updated since then.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

6/14/2017 5:45:20 PM #12

@PixiePunchPie the correct link is http://coeqa.diegobao.info/search?q=Cult.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

6/14/2017 6:35:46 PM #13

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 11:52 AM - Wed Jun 14 2017

My understanding is that you can roleplay your own religion, but you will not get the in game bonuses attached to religion, nor will you gain NPC followers. The reason for this is because (aside from the fact that it would take additional developer resources to implement player religions), the religions created by the developers are important to the ten year story in some way, and may provide clues to Elyria's history.

My understanding as well. I believe this was mentioned in the same QA as holidays and such. You can call yourself whatever but the system wont recognize it so you won't have any bonuses for the religion.

Now if SBS has added some "cults" would that really be a new religion or just an ingame tag SBS created?

6/14/2017 7:43:30 PM #14

Posted By Werhase at

Hey fellow Elyrians,

I searched the Forum for informations about this. But I found nothing specific about this Topic, so I ask you guys. Is it in any way possible to create his own Religion, if you dont like the current ones? Will it be possible that Npc´s, atleast some few, start to believe this too and start to spread this? Or else, will the Enginge take that as part of the Story if it will be big enough?

Religion on the wiki site, like everyone has said they have mentioned that the known religions would get the bonuses and anything you create wouldn't. Think this got brought up on the open Q&A back a month or so ago.