COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Current testing?

Hey guys,

I've been looking through the pledge packs trying to decide which one is best for me. They all mention "access to xyz" but I can't seem to find what stage of testing this game is in? I see the packs range from beta 1-3 and alpha etc, but which one is the game currently in?

Thanks for any responses.

6/18/2017 5:44:05 PM #1

Posted By Bucky at

Hey guys,

I've been looking through the pledge packs trying to decide which one is best for me. They all mention "access to xyz" but I can't seem to find what stage of testing this game is in? I see the packs range from beta 1-3 and alpha etc, but which one is the game currently in?

They have not started testing yet

6/18/2017 5:48:37 PM #2

They haven't started any form of testing, thought they're working on releasing the information on tribes due to settlement selection coming "Soon(TM)" so, presumably, the very first pre-alpha stages are coming up within the next couple or few months? But that's just my personal speculation, I'm sure there will be official word in the next month or shortly thereafter (there should be an official post on where they are at in development next month)

kypiq

6/18/2017 5:48:53 PM #3

Posted By Deadlymad at 02:44 AM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Posted By Bucky at

Hey guys,

They have not started testing yet

Oh really? That's a massive bummer. Any idea when it's going to kick off or is the trademarked "soon"s being thrown around?

6/18/2017 5:50:02 PM #4

Posted By Chloet at 02:48 AM - Mon Jun 19 2017

They haven't started any form of testing, thought they're working on releasing the information on tribes due to settlement selection coming "Soon(TM)" so, presumably, the very first pre-alpha stages are coming up within the next couple or few months? But that's just my personal speculation, I'm sure there will be official word in the next month or shortly thereafter (there should be an official post on where they are at in development next month)

Hmm ok, I see. Thanks for that!

6/18/2017 5:54:32 PM #5

Posted By Chloet at 12:48 PM - Sun Jun 18 2017

Actually, they are in pre-alpha currently.

6/18/2017 6:02:07 PM #6

As far as I know CoE hasn't started any testing.

6/18/2017 6:33:35 PM #7

Posted By KainanHighbow at 12:54 PM - Sun Jun 18 2017

No, they are in "pre-pre-alpha."

kypiq

6/18/2017 7:33:00 PM #8

"Soon" for alpha is the best we can give. To narrow that down some:

During the last Q&A (first one on tribes) Caspian mentioned trying to fit all the tribes in before domain selection. From that I gather that domain selection will be about 6 weeks away (end of summer give or take).

If you read journals they go into detail of progress. It's slow going but there is progress being made so it's not a hopeless never ending "soon".

6/18/2017 8:15:13 PM #9

The game is in production now, they are making the mechanics and assets, very very early stages, I personally think there is no chance to see Alpha-1 this year and I personally believe Alpha-1, the earliest phase where early backers can get in the game will be coming out sometime late next year...I would guess September 2018.

Count Pledge

6/19/2017 1:37:40 PM #10

Ok, I am going to be "that guy"...

How can you possibly be considering purchasing a pledge package, and have done so little research that you don't even know if the game is currently in testing.

It isn't like you are asking a specific, or overly narrow question. I mean, you are asking what I would consider the most easily answered question about the game there is, had you bothered to do ANY research.

Granted, I am all for anyone who wants to donate money to the game, but come on, man...

Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now. Uninformed buyers get my panties in a twist, as they are the ones usually raging about refunds, or why game does/doesn't have insert feature, all because they couldn't be bothered to read the info the Devs put out specifically for the purpose of keeping the community informed...

Imgur

6/19/2017 2:33:45 PM #11

Posted By Chloet at 2:33 PM - Sun Jun 18 2017

"Pre-pre-alpha" would be pre-development , we are now in development of COE full force , so it's safe to take off the redundant first "pre" and just stick with one . We are in pre-alpha , alpha is hopefully just 4 or so months away but only time will tell .

My hope was that alpha would land somewhere around October - December , but that's just a guess , so until then we are in pre-alpha !!

6/19/2017 4:53:46 PM #12

Posted By Grapefruitkush at 10:33 AM - Mon Jun 19 2017

"Pre-pre-alpha" would be pre-development , we are now in development of COE full force , so it's safe to take off the redundant first "pre" and just stick with one . We are in pre-alpha , alpha is hopefully just 4 or so months away but only time will tell .

My hope was that alpha would land somewhere around October - December , but that's just a guess , so until then we are in pre-alpha !!

As much as I see where you are coming from, the Devs, themselves, have listed the things they have described as the "pre-alpha" content (the MUD, the Kingdoms of Elyria, and, I think, the Exposition). We haven't reached those yet.

So, again, while I get where you are coming from, you are, in fact, wrong. As per the Devs themselves.

Imgur

6/19/2017 5:00:06 PM #13

Posted By Marovec at 5:53 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

As much as I see where you are coming from, the Devs, themselves, have listed the things they have described as the "pre-alpha" content (the MUD, the Kingdoms of Elyria, and, I think, the Exposition). We haven't reached those yet.

So, again, while I get where you are coming from, you are, in fact, wrong. As per the Devs themselves.

Almost correct. The "pre-alpha" content is Kingdoms of Elyria and ElyriaMUD, which will both begin to build in-game player driven lore, develop kingdoms and holdings, and test crucial game mechanics and concepts. After these will be the Offline Prologue, which will both introduce players to the game as it will exist in their clients at launch and further test features.

Exposition is pre-launch but not alpha or beta content. During Exposition, Chronicles of Elyria will have all of the content that it will have during launch (with the possible exception of the architecture tool and land management tables - TBC), and is intended for pledge package players to build the world prior to the mainstream launch.

TL;DR: The timeline is pre-pre-alpha (now), Domain Selection, pre-alpha (KoE, ElyriaMUD), Alpha I, Alpha 2, Beta 1, Beta 2, Exposition, Launch. The offline prologue will come some time after Domain Selection and some time before Exposition, to be confirmed.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/19/2017 7:28:54 PM #14

Posted By Caelestius at 1:00 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Posted By Marovec at 5:53 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Almost correct. The "pre-alpha" content is Kingdoms of Elyria and ElyriaMUD, which will both begin to build in-game player driven lore, develop kingdoms and holdings, and test crucial game mechanics and concepts. After these will be the Offline Prologue, which will both introduce players to the game as it will exist in their clients at launch and further test features.

Exposition is pre-launch but not alpha or beta content. During Exposition, Chronicles of Elyria will have all of the content that it will have during launch (with the possible exception of the architecture tool and land management tables - TBC), and is intended for pledge package players to build the world prior to the mainstream launch.

TL;DR: The timeline is pre-pre-alpha (now), Domain Selection, pre-alpha (KoE, ElyriaMUD), Alpha I, Alpha 2, Beta 1, Beta 2, Exposition, Launch. The offline prologue will come some time after Domain Selection and some time before Exposition, to be confirmed.

"Prologue"! That's it...couldn't remember the term for the life of me. Thanks for the clarification.

Imgur