COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
tribal

I wanted to talk about tribes on the line of king, duke, count, mayor So the question I have is this if I am pledged as a mayor and want to be with a count do I have to be the same tribe as the count? And or dose the count have to be the same tribe as the duke/king. Say my count wants to play kypiq but I want to play say yoru or hrothi?

6/19/2017 7:11:54 PM #1

Initially your tribe will have to match. Each kingdom will start out with around 2 tribes.

When you choose your domain and spawn into the world in expo you are taking over an NPC who lives in that town/county/duchy/kingdom. So you will have to choose someone who is actually living in that town. Most likely that will be a member of the tribe living in that area.

Once you perma die you can always start out as a different tribe and walk back to your homeland or you might get lucky and find a different tribe as a ward. However it should be said currently the idea is only the tribes found in that biome or the transition zones around that biome will be available as wards.

Title holders are limited in the tribal choice based on the geographic location of their domain.

6/19/2017 7:17:06 PM #2

Posted By sludgeblink at

I wanted to talk about tribes on the line of king, duke, count, mayor So the question I have is this if I am pledged as a mayor and want to be with a count do I have to be the same tribe as the count? And or dose the count have to be the same tribe as the duke/king. Say my count wants to play kypiq but I want to play say yoru or hrothi?

I think much of what tribe you can be will depend on what's available in an area. At start you select a family to be in. This can be based of the craft you wish to learn or a geographic area you want to start in. If you don't get any matches for the tribe you want in the area you want to start in you might have to start again. Families are the only easy way to actually be the 'Mayor' of a town. You have to be a good child to be left in line for the position. That's also why being an Orphan so as to get a different tribal background make it VERY hard to be a mayor.

Now as to IF the count will accept members of certain tribes in positions of authority in their County? You will need to discuss it with them first. Otherwise life could be very unhappily eventful for you.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

6/19/2017 8:19:47 PM #3

I'm now wondering about this Yoru that wants to be part of a Kypiq tribe. Would he even be able to climb up into the treetops where the Kypiq have set up their homes? Or would they be expected to make a "giant" house for him on the ground to live in.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

6/19/2017 8:42:09 PM #4

Obviously not. This is where I think this game is starting to diverge significantly from the standard MMO which uses concepts of race. The tribe you choose isn't just something that appears on your character sheet anymore. It's actually going to affect how people play and organize. I don't think people appreciated just how much this was going to factor in until now.

What I'm starting to take away from the tribal information is that this game goes beyond the feudal/medieval structure the store packages may have [inadvertently] implied in their conventions. Or maybe this is just an evolution of the game from where it stood conceptually at inception?

p.s. What happens if there aren't enough players willing to join a specific tribe? Will that matter? Can tribes go extinct too?

6/19/2017 8:42:19 PM #5

As far as I know only Kypiq can live in tree's.

Friend code: FF2B6D
6/20/2017 9:04:07 AM #6

Posted By Hieronymus at 4:42 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Obviously not. This is where I think this game is starting to diverge significantly from the standard MMO which uses concepts of race. The tribe you choose isn't just something that appears on your character sheet anymore. It's actually going to affect how people play and organize. I don't think people appreciated just how much this was going to factor in until now.

What I'm starting to take away from the tribal information is that this game goes beyond the feudal/medieval structure the store packages may have [inadvertently] implied in their conventions. Or maybe this is just an evolution of the game from where it stood conceptually at inception?

p.s. What happens if there aren't enough players willing to join a specific tribe? Will that matter? Can tribes go extinct too?

Reading more and more of the hatred most tribes have for each other , I am starting to have questions such as yours too .... I hope to see this game delve into a deep and brutal war of tribes and races , but I also don't want to have to pvp every damn Kypiq scrub that looks At me wrong so hopefully there's some sort of civility laws in most places that allow races to at least visit certain areas without having to lay hands down on some other tribes .