COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
A suggestion regarding the 4 delayed tribes

Since there will be 4 tribes not available at launch, I was wondering if SBS would be open to the idea of some people "banking" their EP and Pledge packages for when their desired tribe comes out.

Hear me out. I'm not asking for a full blown second exposition. First off, I'd completely understand if this second "semi-expo" had a lot more restrictions to it than the initial expo. The reason why I think it would be good thing to have however is this...

1: I'd rather my time and money go towards a tribe I actually support. I'm sure others would to. I can accept the loss of time investment since I'll have to waste time on a character I'll ditch as soon as Mydarri come out. I can accept it knowing the Mydarri simply aren't ready yet. What I feel less great about is the money investment. All my pledge package stuff and the EP I got on top of it I don't want going to building up a tribe I'm not interested in playing in the long term. Let their fans handle that.

2: The other 4 tribes will be playing catch up. When they come out, they won't have any of the player time and money investments in them. SBS may try to offset this by giving these tribes a few headstarts in some areas like seafaring tech for Mydarri, but they'll still most likely be dealing with the randomly generated infrastructure the other tribes had to deal with until we tidied everything up with better road layouts and such during expo.

I just think it should be an option for those of us not wanting to take part in the initial 8 tribe expo to instead bank our pledges and EP until the other tribes show up and then have a sort of mini-expo real quick for the people who banked their stuff. Doesn't need to (and imo shouldn't) be opened up to anyone else other than those who banked their stuff to avoid it getting messy and drawn out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

~Cheshire

6/20/2017 4:55:38 PM #1

To expand on my own personal situation, out of the 6 launch tribes with write ups thus far, the only tribe that appeals to me is the Dras, but only barely and even so they are definitely not something I want to invest in. More like an alt thing.

Out of the two remaining launch tribes who don't have write ups yet, I've already ruled out the Waerd because collectives scare the living hell out of me. So unless the To'resk blow my freaking mind with their write up, I am going to be sitting on a small fortune of EP and Pledgey goodness with nothing to invest in.

6/20/2017 5:09:10 PM #2

No.

6/20/2017 5:18:09 PM #3

Posted By SoulSpark at 1:09 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

No.

Why?

6/20/2017 5:21:24 PM #4

I can see where you're coming from, and I get it for sure. You don't want to build up a county/duchy only then to abandon it and move all the way out to another Biome.

But I just don't see SBS doing something like this. It'd tip the scales too much for those discovered tribes, seeing as though they'll be advancing along with the rest of us throughout time. And then all of a sudden you start dropping in things like forts/mines/siege weapons.

Might I suggest instead, with your EP to use it on character specific items such as blue-prints or other packages to improve your character. That way when you eventually find those elusive Mydarri you can breed with them and transfer that knowledge onto your Mydarri heir.

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
6/20/2017 5:46:45 PM #5

I like this idea. I would save my EP to flesh out my Mydarri main too.

However, in case that is not a choice, I have decided to start a character, and use it to "farm" all the stuff I want, in order to give it directly to my Mydarri. I will not breed into the Mydarri (most likely), but my house, land, ect ect, will all be given to my Mydarri when I buy its Spark of Life and enter into the family!

I know that is not ideal for everyone, but that is my work-around for the time being. Until we get more info on launch and stuff.

6/20/2017 5:52:28 PM #6

Posted By Orashna at 1:21 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

I can see where you're coming from, and I get it for sure. You don't want to build up a county/duchy only then to abandon it and move all the way out to another Biome.

But I just don't see SBS doing something like this. It'd tip the scales too much for those discovered tribes, seeing as though they'll be advancing along with the rest of us throughout time. And then all of a sudden you start dropping in things like forts/mines/siege weapons.

Might I suggest instead, with your EP to use it on character specific items such as blue-prints or other packages to improve your character. That way when you eventually find those elusive Mydarri you can breed with them and transfer that knowledge onto your Mydarri heir.

Lesbian. Don't see a lot of breeding in my future.

Also, how would anything I buy for my character transfer to my completely unrelated Mydarri and why would I want to invest in a character I don't even really want so heavily?

Great and constructive response though. I gave it a like.

6/20/2017 5:54:06 PM #7

I understand your want to not invest in a tribe you don't want, because truth be told if Brudvir weren't part of the launch I would be in the exact same boat you're in. The problem is there would be many issues with it, namely just because we can't play them, doesn't mean they're not advancing.

To phrase something Orashna said, in a different way, you think that the Mydarri will be at the same point as the other eight tribe were at in expo, which simply won't be the case, or I should say I would expect not to be the case.

It might be the case that the generated infrastructure isn't ideal, or upto player standards, but I would hope that isn't the case since the Devs are going to go over every continent after it's generated and polish it so it doesn't feel so generated.

Lastly, you have to remember that, while sbs wants to balance the important things, somethings make for a better story when left a little unbalanced.

That being said, I would be curious to get Serpentius or one of the Devs opinion on this, because you are perfectly in the right for not wanting to be forced to spend your money on something you don't want to play for the long haul.

Edit: You can be Lesbian and still use child contracts.

6/20/2017 5:57:17 PM #8

I think a Second expo would be a bad idea, use your EP to build the starting continent.

6/20/2017 6:02:35 PM #9

Posted By Calian at 1:54 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

I understand your want to not invest in a tribe you don't want, because truth be told if Brudvir weren't part of the launch I would be in the exact same boat you're in. The problem is there would be many issues with it, namely just because we can't play them, doesn't mean they're not advancing.

To phrase something Orashna said, in a different way, you think that the Mydarri will be at the same point as the other eight tribe were at in expo, which simply won't be the case, or I should say I would expect not to be the case.

It might be the case that the generated infrastructure isn't ideal, or upto player standards, but I would hope that isn't the case since the Devs are going to go over every continent after it's generated and polish it so it doesn't feel so generated.

Lastly, you have to remember that, while sbs wants to balance the important things, somethings make for a better story when left a little unbalanced.

That being said, I would be curious to get Serpentius or one of the Devs opinion on this, because you are perfectly in the right for not wanting to be forced to spend your money on something you don't want to play for the long haul.

Edit: You can be Lesbian and still use child contracts.

The child contract still implies sex with a man happened. Gross.

Posted By Maulvorn at 1:57 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

I think a Second expo would be a bad idea, use your EP to build the starting continent.

Not interested in investing a land I'll abandon once possible.

6/20/2017 6:06:23 PM #10

No, it doesn't, I don't remember it exactly, but if two women use a child contract it either works the same as with a man and a woman, or you would be adopting, which I would assume you could choose which race you adopt, but if adopting grosses you out, I feel like we have a bigger problem here.

6/20/2017 6:09:30 PM #11

Then you can choose to forgo the Domain selection and Expo altogether.

6/20/2017 6:10:00 PM #12

Also, if you're not going to have kids at all, and you want to be the seafaring Mydarri, why do you care which continent you build up anyways?

6/20/2017 6:15:27 PM #13

Posted By CheshireGuevara at 2:02 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

Starting to feel troll-ish

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
6/20/2017 6:16:45 PM #14

Posted By Orashna at 7:15 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

Caspian has said that you will need a male and female character to make babies.

however you can use contracts to have surrogates.

6/20/2017 6:21:39 PM #15

Posted By Orashna at 11:15 AM - Tue Jun 20 2017

I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind, but hey, Tumblr users are allowed to play this game too.