COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Q&A Suggestion

So I've only been following the live Q&A's within the past couple months or so but for the few that I've watched it almost always seems like there's never enough time to answer all the questions that was selected to be read.

I was wondering if SBS would be able to release a Dev Journal on say the Top 50 questions of a Q&A Thread just listing the questions with their response right below it. i.e.:

1) Question

• Answer

Personally I think this would be great that way those questions that SBS thinks are good could get answered and the community would be aware of their decision on the matter.

UDL

6/21/2017 10:27:24 AM #1

Posted By Yoruninja808 at

So I've only been following the live Q&A's within the past couple months or so but for the few that I've watched it almost always seems like there's never enough time to answer all the questions that was selected to be read.

I was wondering if SBS would be able to release a Dev Journal on say the Top 50 questions of a Q&A Thread just listing the questions with their response right below it. i.e.:

1) Question

• Answer

Personally I think this would be great that way those questions that SBS thinks are good could get answered and the community would be aware of their decision on the matter.

The main constraint is time. The Q&As are designed both as a way for the studio to interact with the community in a live, "in-person" way, as well as an opportunity for the team to answer some of the most pressing questions posted by the community. The reason they must be scheduled and limited in terms of time is because if the team were to answer every question posed by the community, they simply wouldn't have time for anything else.

The Q&As are the time set aside for questions and answers, and to extend the time set aside for that to include written answers on dev journals may result in more questions being answered, but as a direct result it also results in less time being dedicated to other things - like the development of the game!

That said, the dev team are very good for occasionally addressing the most contentious questions and providing the most sought-after answers on the forums when presenting en masse by the community. But we shouldn't become reliant on these, and we all need to remember that all questions will be answered come launch day in the most satisfactory way possible - by playing :)

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/21/2017 11:47:28 AM #2

You're right caelestius I guess I'm just begging for more after what they given us.

UDL

6/21/2017 2:36:29 PM #3

They could release 6 tribe-length posts a day, and (in my personal opinion) it still wouldn't be enough xD I love reading about every minute aspect of this game, and learning everything there is to learn till launch.... Buuut I do really want them to make the game, so I'm happy with their current set up xP

kypiq