COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
May need a healer for the plague!

ever since alchemy was revealed as a form of medicine thing (used to FMA:brotherhood form), AND then on one of the Q&A, the answer to a one word question was revealed: Plague? YES

so my question is: will a plague be generated by the engine say 2 years down the line? or is they such thing as a mann made plague?

6/22/2017 12:13:26 AM #1

Purely brainstorming here:

Maybe a bit of both? If settlements aren't properly dealing with their dead I imagine disease will be their reward. Same with sieges. That forces the player base to deal with the deceased rather than leaving corpses strewn everywhere. (Hopefully we can still use treated bodies as war trophies, such as heads on pikes etc)

Perhaps upon discovering a new continent there'll be deadly diseases exchanged, look at how devastating European disease was on the natives in the New World.

Whether mann can make plagues, that seems unlikely. Perhaps disease could be strengthened somehow though. So say a disease gets stronger the longer it survives, by collecting and controlling it among livestock it could be brought to biological warfare/terrorist levels of effectiveness?

6/22/2017 12:16:51 AM #2

I'm really curious to see if healing will be realistic with herbs/medicinals or with 'alternative' treatments. I'm thinking some kind of magical healing will take place beyond herbs but that's just my guess. Not like, cast a spell to heal, more like a shamanic incantation with incense that helps speed up healing etc.

I haven't heard many mention that they wanted to be a healer but it's definitely going to be needed with all the threats of sickness and disease. Seeing some of the tribe write ups makes me think disease and sickness will be used as weaponry between tribes so the devs might not even need to force a plague or debilitating illness.

6/22/2017 12:35:48 AM #3

I will make a sickness that destroys thousands, and you will call me the cancer mage

I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him.

6/22/2017 12:50:16 AM #4

I was pretty sure the devs said in one of the Q&A's that diseases would cause debuffs until they were cured, but wouldn't actually cause death. I think it was in the open topic Q&A, but I could be mistaken.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/22/2017 1:35:42 AM #5

At this point it is only speculation, but on one of the Q&A's I asked a question whether there will be Tribe specific diseases and will there be a method to discover and cure these diseases.

Caspian himself said there 100% will be a method to discover and cure diseases in game, but refused to answer about the tribe specific part of the question because "I'm going to leave that up to the story."

If I were a guessing man, somewhere down there line there will be an epidemic. Most likely caused by the story. Will the game be detailed to the point you can develop your own diseases? God I hope so, because that would be very interesting.

6/22/2017 2:24:20 AM #6

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 8:50 PM - Wed Jun 21 2017

I was pretty sure the devs said in one of the Q&A's that diseases would cause debuffs until they were cured, but wouldn't actually cause death. I think it was in the open topic Q&A, but I could be mistaken.

Interesting , I wonder if a "plague" would fall under "disease" or if it would be something more that could cause death ? I can't wait to see this all play out in game ....