COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
When will the funding end?

I've briefly looked around for a cut off date for the funding but I couldn't find one. Does anyone know?

6/22/2017 12:31:15 PM #1

If I were to guess, and this is just a guess, I'd say some time during or at the end of Exposition. Considering the shop and EP items can ONLY be used during Expo and there will be no shop post launch.

Edit: Also the "layaway" option for Pledge Packages will be closing soon because Domain and Land Selection are on the horizon. So if you intend to layaway a Pledge you'll want to do that soon. And keep in mind you must have your layaway paid in full by the time of Domain Selection in order to pick a county/duchy if you plan to pledge in those tiers.

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
6/22/2017 12:35:34 PM #2

Source: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19664/its-the-thought-that-counts#post212289

>Doing Away With Layaway

>Settlement & Domain Selection is on the horizon so I want to announce that our Layaway program will be coming to an end. As of July 1st, 2017, the Layaway feature will no longer offer new Layaways. The majority of folks with a package on Layaway will be eligible to participate in Settlement & Domain Selection and, since the package rewards aren't truly owned until the package is paid off, we don't want people showing up late to that party.

>If you have an existing Layaway, you can still make payments up until Exposition starts but you'd miss out on many of the benefits in the pledge. So, while we encourage you to pay it off by Settlement & Domain Selection (and especially in May while it's on sale), ultimately you are the manager of your own money and the master of your own life. We won't be canceling layaways-in-progress on July 1st, we're just not inviting new layaways to be started after that date.

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
6/22/2017 12:40:02 PM #3

Posted By Vortigen at

I've briefly looked around for a cut off date for the funding but I couldn't find one. Does anyone know?

There is no "official" cut off date or anything like that, but the rewards you can get will slowly disappear over the course of development. Like for example, a reward for a design experience can't last forever, it needs to be done before the games release.... So eventually there will be no pledge packages in the game, just items that allow you to buy the game itself.

6/22/2017 12:45:16 PM #4

Last I heard, you could keep backing/buying packages till the end of expo. You just may not naturally get everything included in the package.