COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
im scared to small players

im afraid that oceanus will not have manyplayers because the activity in amerian and europe servers so mmuch more

6/23/2017 4:46:00 AM #1

Compare our numbers to our population. Then compare the NA/EU region to their numbers/population. We aren't as small as we appear.

What has been said so many times before, we are only smaller cause there are so many APAC people are on other servers. But if they want to play with a high ping, that's their choice.

6/26/2017 11:04:53 AM #2

I like to think of it that we will have more influence over our world if there are less of us. Each player can accrue more fame and renown if they aren't competing with as many others.

6/26/2017 11:46:22 AM #3

Posted By Maegor at

im afraid that oceanus will not have manyplayers because the activity in amerian and europe servers so mmuch more

Don't worry about it tbh. If your using that as a reason to be worried, well think of it this way.... the size of the community now is nothing compared to what it will be. Once the game is released, the players will come flooding in.

6/26/2017 12:34:31 PM #4

Would a European player experience more lag if they were to play on Oceanus?

6/26/2017 2:14:57 PM #5

Posted By Nonane at 1:34 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

Absolutely. "Ping" is the measure of how long it takes for a signal to be sent to a server and receive a signal back. The longer the ping, the laggier the gameplay. If you have ever played online games before, I'm sure you've seen or experienced low ping - placed items disappearing back into inventories, "headshots" actually missing altogether because they player wasn't there at all, walking and randomly teleporting back a few steps - all those are examples of the consequences of low ping, and one of the reasons that servers are separated by region.

Posted By Maegor at

To address the original post - there will always be servers whose populations are not quite as high as the others, but this isn't something I would worry about too much! There are many players and potential players in the Oceanus region, and just because it seems like there's more activity in others servers at the moment does not necessarily reflect the numbers of players post-launch or a few years down the line.

And, as the delightful EmeraldDragonBos pointed out -

Posted By EmeraldDragonBos at 12:04 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

I like to think of it that we will have more influence over our world if there are less of us. Each player can accrue more fame and renown if they aren't competing with as many others.

Even with a lower population, APAC would absolutely be a very playable experience. Any roles that can be filled by a player can also be filled by an NPC, so don't fret that a lower population would make CoE less playable by any means.

Finally - Soulbound Studios is, fundamentally, a business. Creating and maintaining servers capable of hosting 100k+ players each is expensive, and SbS would not be doing so if they were not sure that the player base in that region existed.

So relax, enjoy the hype and the development process, and don't worry about not having people to play with - we're all very sure you will :)

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/26/2017 2:17:32 PM #6

Posted By Nonane at 2:34 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

Yes, though i imagine it would be the same as playing on a server in another mmo that's located on the NA west coast, for example FFXIV NA servers now (my reasoning could be off though.., it's just what i estimate to be approximately the same)

"We're all connected;
To eachother, biologically; To the earth, chemically; To the rest of the universe, atomically." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Friendcode: 205FC9

6/26/2017 4:01:41 PM #7

Also, this game is going to get VERY popular once it gets realesed, so, every community will definetely increase. Don't worry flr that. Also, you're still a fair amount of people.

You will see! :)

7/16/2017 8:39:46 AM #8

Honestly, where my thinking is currently, is that APAC will be better for story, even if a busy US server may be better for mass-player-v-player battles (due to simply having more players and more paid Nobles).

My answer? Play on both. APAC will be a very different experience, and potentially a much more intimate one where you really can get to know all the leaders in the Dance. On a US server, I may simply play as a commoner, and enjoy the chaos that will descend due to the population pressure.

While we have to choose which character to attach a package to, we really can play on more than one server. Indeed, because APAC may be more focused on story than servers where Kingdoms are already eyeing each up as potential war targets (K v K focus), a lot of US players may well choose to make characters on APAC as well to experience the difference.

Just because I love one book does not mean I cannot read another, too.

Link to my story

7/16/2017 11:04:52 AM #9

Posted By EmeraldDragonBos at 9:04 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

That's how I see it, too. It creates a different kind of dynamic to the other servers, but that doesn't mean it's worse or something to worry about.

I'm quite excited for it, actually.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

7/21/2017 10:42:02 AM #10

I see there is nothing to worry about to be honest. Besides Aussieland, NZ and all the other islands there is also a lot of Asian players who would join this server.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

7/21/2017 12:32:27 PM #11

Posted By Nagash at 1:46 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

Don't worry about it tbh. If your using that as a reason to be worried, well think of it this way.... the size of the community now is nothing compared to what it will be. Once the game is released, the players will come flooding in.

I like how you use the word flooding in...

Oceanus...

But I wouldn't worry too much either. There will often be a large group of people, who wait for a game to be released, or close to it, before they decide to jump in or not.

8/2/2017 6:16:26 AM #12

I was under the impression that AU server will have higher ping base on the ping test site (http://www.cloudping.info/) but after I play in Dark and light AU server recently the ping is around 100 - 200 ms which is good so I think I'll likely join this server.

Plan to be just an explorer and trader, will most likely be Jenoan in fourth kingdom of OCE server

8/3/2017 3:08:51 PM #13

I will be a backer just need to wait sometime this month to put my blood and soul into it. Aiming to get the $125 (165 aussie dollar) pledge.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

8/3/2017 5:51:09 PM #14

haha, I honestly don't think there should be any reason to worry especially not at this stage. I mean I saw some saying in forum post the game still has a 1 to 2 years from being released so... I mean what you are seeing now will change, like all here now may not come back or a few may leave and 100 takes their place... I mean it's muuuch to early to worry about population on this game. You also have to believe since this is still a business when their game is getting close to release that there will be advertisements and endorsements on youtube (would be nice if some big youtubers also could too, if markiplier and jacksepticeye played this game and gave positive remarks then the players would come flooding in for sure.)

9/29/2017 10:05:23 PM #15

Build it and they will come... kinda catchy...someone should make a movie about that. I'm in NZ, and in MWO the ping to Pacific server is higher than to the US server. As a result, the pacific server is pretty much dead, and most of us use the NA server. I really hope they get this sorted before launch because once ppl have a bad experience and move, it is very difficult to convince them to return.

As for the numbers of people flooding in - maybe. I've been through a few of these in my time, and always the same hype, and always followed by the same initial spike followed by an inevitable major population decline. Pacific servers are more affected than others due to their lower base populations, and a propensity for major guilds to run from NA time zones.

Friend Code: 628DAE