COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
The Honeywell Spider: A dreamt critter

So the other day, I woke from this dream in which I saw this creature which felt as though it would be right at home in the CoE world.

The Honeywell Spider

Not all bees make hives in trees. There are some especially large bees which build subterranean hives. Under certain circumstances, the honey within these hives can bubble up to the surface and form golden pools of sticky-sweet deliciousness. Just be careful, when and if you choose to harvest some.

There is a very unusual breed of spider, as golden as hollybell pollen, which hides deep within these pools. They weave tight pouches of webbing around their abdomen to hold a bubble of air for them to breathe while they lie in wait for unsuspecting prey who are drawn to the alluring scent of fresh honey. The surface only to strike and to refresh their air supply.

It should be noted that the spider's body, not including its legs, is 3 feet across. Their glittering, golden carapace can sell for quite a tidy sum, but they will not give them up without a substantial and extremely dangerous fight.

So be cautious around those golden pools. T'would be a shame to die from a sweet tooth.

-- Trendane Sparks Voice actor/Narrator Would that everyone I know were as loyal as wolves. http://trendane.com/