COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
i need to delete my account and

make a new one. i want to keep same email address. how do i do this pls? i have not made my character yet. just need a different name. i used a code for a specific family. will need to use that again as well.

7/7/2017 4:14:19 PM #1

If all you want to do is change your Alias (screen name)....you can do that through your Account settings. No need to delete and recreate your Account.

Go up to the top right corner of the website, click on your User Name.

Once you are on the My Account page, click on the Alias link on the left-hand side.

This will take you to a page where you can change your Account Name to something else. You can only do this a limited number of times, but I believe everyone gets 1 free alias change.

Perhaps of note: Your 'name' on your account only really matters on the forums. That isn't your character's name...once the game releases and you can actually create characters, you can name them whatever you want.

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

7/7/2017 4:14:46 PM #2

Can't you just change your forum name?

7/7/2017 4:22:39 PM #3

He made his account after a certain cutline date, so he does not get a free name change. He would have to pay about 10$ to get a name change.

Cerise, if you really want to change your name, do the following:

1. Change the email on your current account to something else. Which mean means that you can now able to use your email again.

2. Make a new account.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

7/7/2017 4:35:10 PM #4

yes go to the account settings click on email then put in ur current password and ur new email twice.

but i feel the 1 free name change should go to all accounts no matter how old. sometime we just make a mistake at least 1 freebie should be offered to all.

i would probly log a ticket in support section

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/7/2017 5:00:42 PM #5

tyty. will do this.

edit: ok wait. i want all my stuff for this game to come to one email acct. forum, game, etc. so if i change my email in my acct, then make a new acct using my original email, i can just let the acct with the new email sit around and do nothing. i will be able to use the second acct i make, using the email that is currently attached to this name, to post in here. this is the only place my email is needed? i will not rcv any ingame messages to my email?

and while i have made an acct, i have not made a character yet. i did use a friend code. so this name will be under that family. are there limits to family size? will this name, and so possibly a family character ingame, take up one of those slots if there is one?

edit: if i change my name, i will not be making a character ingame attached to the new email.

7/7/2017 5:14:23 PM #6

It sounds like this is becoming incredibly more complicated than it needs to be.

Your forum name has nothing to do at all with what your character(s) name(s) will be in game.

Also, using a "friend code" when setting up your account here at the CoE website does not bond you to your friend in game, you are not part of each other's family because you used their friend code. That's strictly so your friend could get a 50 IP credit on his account once you purchased a pledge package.

So I submit to you this question in order to provide the right suggestion. Why is it important to you to change your name on this website?

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
7/8/2017 2:35:00 AM #7

i have never had a forum in a game where the name was not the same as my game name. i decided i wanted a different character name.

7/8/2017 3:01:12 AM #8

Posted By CeriseEcru at 10:35 PM - Fri Jul 07 2017

i have never had a forum in a game where the name was not the same as my game name. i decided i wanted a different character name.

Well, while that may be the case, are you aware that you won't be playing the same character over the span of the game's lifetime? Unless you intend to use the same name with each character that you create, you'll end up using a different name sooner than later.

If it's really so important that you have your name changed, you have either the option of changing your username via the store, or creating a new account and using the method Shady outlined for you, as account deleting is not supported by the system right now.

7/8/2017 9:24:04 AM #9

Hi CeriseEcru! Just to reiterate a few points made by others;

• Using a friend code does not pledge you to join that user's family in any way

• Your forum alias has little to nothing to do with your in-game name. Even if your forum name matches your first character's name, that character will eventually die, necessitating that either you have a separate forum name or that you fork our for an alias change every time you perma-die in-game.

• The devs are encouraging a form of play where, on meeting you in-game, players do not immediately or necessarily identify you as a user they know from the forums. While many users have their forum alias set to their first character name, it's unlikely that those users will be changing name upon being reborn and therefore selecting a different character and name.

Again, if you absolutely have your heart set on a name change, your options have been outlined above - you can either a) purchase an alias change from the merchandise store or b) change the email address associated with your current account and make a new one with the old address.

Don't worry about "using up" spaces on a friend code - that can't happen! It has nothing to do with in-game families, and the Influence that is rewarded to your friend doesn't get added until you have become a backer of the game.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

7/11/2017 12:16:22 AM #10

Forum names are what is known as an OOC Alias. Out of Character Nickname, of sorts. It will not bind you to that name in Elyria. In fact, most of the forum names will most likely be inappropriate for the setting.

Your "friend code" is a method of referral. It's like giving out a link to a friend so they can say you told them to sign up, the more people you sign up you can gain potential benefits.

Good luck! ^_^

The Akashic Records

7/12/2017 8:36:49 PM #11

thank you all for your help sorting this out. all is well. will keep this name. :)