COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Viewing talents and skills

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before, but will I be able to view nearby players/npcs/creatures talents, skills or attributes? If so, will I as the player be able to control which skills/talents/attributes are visible? What about items? Will I be able to show fake details regarding items or myself? Can this be dispelled with some sort of perceptive or investigative talent?

Take this CoE Character Census so that the community can see where people are planning to start and what tribes they want!

Friend Code: 4E637C

7/8/2017 1:12:21 AM #1

There is no inspect for stats feature for players or items in a traditional sense. So you never know what skills or stats someone you run across may have, unless perhaps they are a member of a guild that guarantees some level of competency in the skill that guild is built around.

7/8/2017 2:49:32 AM #2

This brings up a interesting point, when looking for work to be done how can we check the skill levels of the NPCs before we sign the contract? I Player can lie or be honest about their skills, however I don't know how to make a contract with a NPC and verify their skill level, will it be a process of elimination, a trial and error if you will, till we can find a NPC with a high enough skill for our work?

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

7/8/2017 2:56:47 AM #3

Posted By Sullen at 03:49 AM - Sat Jul 08 2017

This brings up a interesting point, when looking for work to be done how can we check the skill levels of the NPCs before we sign the contract? I Player can lie or be honest about their skills, however I don't know how to make a contract with a NPC and verify their skill level, will it be a process of elimination, a trial and error if you will, till we can find a NPC with a high enough skill for our work?

If they lie and cannot complete the contract, then the contract is broken and you're entitled to be reimbursed.

If they're shady characters who've taken you for a ride with no intention to reimburse you then that's where bounty hunters come in. :)

7/8/2017 9:51:18 AM #4

Posted By Barghest at 03:56 AM - Sat Jul 08 2017

Posted By Sullen at 03:49 AM - Sat Jul 08 2017

If they lie and cannot complete the contract, then the contract is broken and you're entitled to be reimbursed.

If they're shady characters who've taken you for a ride with no intention to reimburse you then that's where bounty hunters come in. :)

In addition to this, the Fame/Infamy and Reputation of a character may precede them - players with a reputation for being very skilled or even for completing tasks quickly and well will have an easier time getting contracts. You don't want to get a reputation for breaking contracts!

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

7/8/2017 12:47:59 PM #5

These all information seem straight forward, thanks for the replys. Will all the NPCs have a reputation system as well? Since we can't communicate with them and ask them there skill level, would there be a way to find their skill level or reputation before signing a contract? Thanks...

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

7/8/2017 1:05:32 PM #6

Posted By Sullen at 10:49 PM - Fri Jul 07 2017

Perhaps there will be some sort of reputation system.

Friend code: FF2B6D
7/8/2017 2:39:30 PM #7

Posted By Athad at 08:05 AM - Sat Jul 08 2017

Posted By Sullen at 10:49 PM - Fri Jul 07 2017

Perhaps there will be some sort of reputation system.

There is the gossip system. News about the deeds or misdeeds of others can be spread around. I think that guild membership will be the more reliable mechanism however. As a leader of a blacksmithing guild it is in your favor to only issue membership to those that are honest about their skill levels and who fulfill contracts. You want a reputation of quality work as a guild, and a tight reign on who is a guild member is part of that.

7/8/2017 11:06:31 PM #8

I did some more research after posting last night and I found this Dev Journal from a couple years ago that explains that instead of an inspection for players there is a "greeting" in which you will briefly be able to view however much information that character wishes to reveal (name/title/relevant skills). This mostly answers the inspection thing I was talking about. The only other thing I was confused on was when examining items there doesn't seem to be a clear position on how that is being handled. Hopefully this dev journal still holds true because it sounds like a super fun mechanic.

Take this CoE Character Census so that the community can see where people are planning to start and what tribes they want!

Friend Code: 4E637C