COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
concerned?

Let me be clear I love this game and the dev team that is creating it... But I can't help to see some people being very concerned with thr game the see so far...I can relate due to the combat system looking a little blocky and slow along with the attacks Not having that "ooomf/meat" behind them. But I understand it's still very early in the process and passion from the developers convince me that the polish will be added and the game will be great. I just want too know if the active community has any concerns them self

7/13/2017 10:54:05 PM #1

wait to the end of tribes and they do state of Elyria, we will have more information at that time.

7/13/2017 11:24:48 PM #2

As far as I can see, the 'blocky' combat was indeed a rush job for a Pax Demo, that is why we only see One style, a Point Style for the contest. They have yet to release anything of a upgrade to it however I don't have any doubts it is in the works. They are taking things one step at a time, working on Tribes and Biomes for Land Selection and ElyrianMUD. After that I would assume they will devote more time to the animations and combat systems. I am sure they are working on them as we speak but after the MUD launches they should have more time at least in the short run.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

7/13/2017 11:36:42 PM #3

While it's always nice to hear what a non-backer is thinking, and thus what might make them back (or choose not to), I'm not seeing a lot of concern out there "in general". I see a lot of people eager to start getting their hands on aspects of the game so they can start forming opinions. But right now, with very little content in people's hands, I think "concern" is a rather strong emotion; which is why I don't think many are displaying it.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

7/13/2017 11:40:20 PM #4

I have my concerns about the game still. Until I see a proper gameplay footage.

7/14/2017 12:03:46 AM #5

Having concerns at this point in a game's development cycle is like having concerns about the cake you're making while still mixing the ingredients.

I think what you really mean is you're anxious to see what the outcome of certain mechanics will be. We all are.

7/14/2017 2:26:05 AM #6

Posted By Simon at 5:03 PM - Thu Jul 13 2017

Having concerns at this point in a game's development cycle is like having concerns about the cake you're making while still mixing the ingredients.

I think what you really mean is you're anxious to see what the outcome of certain mechanics will be. We all are.

If one or two ingredients look a bit "off" then it would be logical to have concerns about how the cake will turn out.

7/14/2017 2:54:18 AM #7

Posted By Simon at 7/14/2017 12:03:46 AM

Both. I really see nothing bad about still being skeptical about the game. I'd say it is more like buying boxed ingredients for the cake. You don't know if the boxes come empty or the ingredients are there, but you're still anxious to bake the cake.

I do support the game and I hope it succeeds, but you never know with the game industry nowadays.

7/14/2017 2:57:25 AM #8

Posted By Chroniclesofalias at 7:54 PM - Thu Jul 13 2017

Posted By Simon at 7/14/2017 12:03:46 AM

Both. I really see nothing bad about still being skeptical about the game. I'd say it is more like buying boxed ingredients for the cake. You don't know if the boxes come empty or the ingredients are there, but you're still anxious to bake the cake.

I do support the game and I hope it succeeds, but you never know with the game industry nowadays.

I'd have to politely disagree. I've never purchased a box of cake mix and worried it would be empty when I returned home :)

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/14/2017 3:16:23 AM #9

While I understand the concern, I think the people explaining how early development is are making good points.

My concerns are alliviated as I read developer journals and see how the different teams are advancing development goals. If combat seemed blocky it's because combat was a bit off. The different teams, especially the order of Locomotion, are completing tasks that will solve problems.

There shouldn't be any concern that the final product will be the same as an early access demo.

7/14/2017 3:28:05 AM #10

Posted By Serpentius at 9:57 PM - Thu Jul 13 2017

I'd have to politely disagree. I've never purchased a box of cake mix and worried it would be empty when I returned home :)

You think it's all a joke...until the day it happens to you....

[shivers in recoil of a traumatic memory]

"no---cake--....can't....make.......cake..."

DPBoD2.jpg

7/14/2017 3:38:04 AM #11

good one sep !!!

personaly when i saw the pax video the combat was petty meh but my concern was not it but the acrobatics system (cant think of the name right now) made me think i was gonna be playing Prince of Persia ONLINE...

but both the concern for the system and the meh over the comabt were both tempered by the fact that i know they are not the end result but the begining.

u will notice that the combat in pax was different to the combat we see in the earler development videos.

so that alone should say that it is still in a state of flux. we have A1 A2 and B1 to hash out the combat system so i will reserve opinion till we get that far.

any attempt to judge it currently is plain insanity.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/14/2017 3:41:41 AM #12

I am in no way concerned about the game, i believe this to be my dream game/cake. i just so happened to stumble across the Facebook comments of their most recent video and observed a lot of concern... it was mainly based on no footage being show in some long time which i don't care about. i honestly love the Q&As over video footage at this time. i just wanted to see the opinions of the people who spend more time on the forms than those of the ones who see the videos on facebook/youtube.

7/14/2017 4:00:54 AM #13

yes there is alot of outsiders watching the game who just dont get it sadly.

there are cretics of the whole buy in to titles and the perma death and hell dont get them started on the fact that if they kill some one they get in trouble for it hahahaha

it takes a dedicated player to sift thru all this and actualy take a objective view of things.

now i am a self confessed fan boy but just look thru any of my posts and you will see me be equally critical as well as praise of the project.

but one thing i can say for sure the deeper you get into COE the more exciting it can be. but if u just look at a surface level most outsiders see u will just see things that make no sense.

Like no Fast travel or ingame mail systems... at first you go WTF but as you think on it u suddenly see things like the fact Gold farmers wont be able to work so easy in this game as Gold has a Mass and wight and with no instant travel or mail system that mass and wight has to get to the customer the long slow way... add into the factor that bandits will be a very real thing and suddenly the whole idea of being a gold farmer becomes very unprofitable...

and this is just 1 little thing that is a By product of the systems in place.

so those seeing from the outside fail to see the very nice balancing act that SBS has done in creating this concept. truly well thought out.

sure there will be points that arnt but ha we humans we prown to mistakes but u will see that SBS is quite reseptive to change that enhances the game. IE they changed how the tribes would be distributed based off concerns the community raised.

but the good thing is they are making this changes in a way that still keeps there goals in mind and if a suggestion dose not fit the goal well they respectfully reject it which is there right :)

i must say i thank you munskinman for posting this thread as i feel it is good to get this stuff out in the open so more from the outside looking in can get some insight into this stuff.

I must apologise for my brethren regarding the dislikes they can be mighty protective of the game but the likes should start coming in now to counter it :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/14/2017 4:12:24 AM #14

The only thing I am now worried about is funds and their massive scope each Q&A they add new promises that we didn't otherwise have.

7/14/2017 5:07:16 AM #15

I think SBS will find a way to make CoE, the question is, "how long will it take?"
The only real long term threat to CoE is someone else being first to market with a CoE light. If such a game succeeds, it could cut deeply into CoEs player base (its already a niche game), and if such a game fails it would be held up as an example of why CoE wont, again damaging the potential player base and chilling the potential for the investors the game needs to be all it can be.
I'm not saying this is going to happen, but IMO it is the ultimate nightmare scenario for CoE.